Status: Active. (:

One of the Boys.

Pt. 57.

“Emma? Are you done yet?” asked Brendon, tapping on my door lightly. “I need to get changed too.”
“Hang on!” I called out, pulling on some gray skinny jeans.
The door opened anyway and he walked in, gasped when he saw me then turned around, covering his eyes with his hands.
“Brendon! I said hang on!”
“I kn-know, but I didn’t think you’d like, um, have your breasts out…”
“I’m getting changed, you fool!” I exclaimed, pulling on a bra and a light pink, pinstripe shirt.
“I’m sorry, I’m so sorry. This totally killed our friendship, didn’t it?”
“What?”
“Like, I mean, you’re gonna hate me, or at least put me lower down on your metaphorical friends list because I’ve stepped over the line or something.”
“What an earth are you on about, Brendon?”
“I don’t really know.” he said, sounding defeated.
I tapped on his shoulder and he turned around, moving away his hands from his face. He had sadness in his eyes, they even looked a little watery.
“Bren?”
“I thought you’d hate me.” he mumbled, looking down and blinking several times.
“Why would I do that.” I said softly.
“Because I totally stepped over some line which means that we’ll be really awkward now. And, yeah, I d-don’t want us to be like that.”
I smiled and kissed his nose. “Don’t worry about it.”
“I am worrying about it.”
I pulled him into a tight hug and rubbed his bare back softly. I could feel his cheeks heating up as he was blushing. I could also feel something else against me, that was pretty heated, and jutting out into my leg. I pretended as if I couldn’t feel it so not to embarrass him.
He kissed my forehead, then let go. He pressed his lips together and breathed out through his nose. “Emma.”
I raised my eyebrows, as if to say ‘Yes?’
He put a hand on my cheek and pulled me into a soft kiss, his lips puckering against my own. He suddenly lifted me up, so my legs were wrapped around his waist. His hand dropped and his arm went around my waist, my right hand on his cheek and my left on the back of his neck. He forced his tongue beyond his teeth and into my mouth, massaging my tongue and sucking on the tip lightly. I held my legs a little more tightly around his waist and let him roam the deep space that was my mouth.
He broke away from me, panting and gasping. I ran one hand through his lush locks and licked my lips once.
“We’ve got to stop doing this.” I said, running my thumb up and down his neck.
“I know.” he nodded. “But I can’t bring myself to stop.”
I loosened my legs and slid down his skinny yet toned body, landing on my feet.
I kissed his neck once, then let go and walked out of the room to leave him to change. I shut the door, then sank to the floor, clutching my knees and looking down. This was crazy, it shouldn’t be happening, I shouldn’t feel like this.
I always feel so dirty after kissing him, but I want to do it again. It’s kind of nice not having any attachments with him, but I’m cheating on Henry. That’s what feels particularly horrible. I can imagine the look of hurt on his face if he saw us in the act, or I told him.
Brendon came out of my room, now dressed in some black skinny jeans and a shirt that hugged his body beautifully. He looked down and saw me, smiling sympathetically. He sat down next to me and put his hand on my knee.
“I feel so horrible, Brendon.”
“Because you cheated or because you kissed me?”
“Because I cheated.” I said, putting his hand on mine and giving it a squeeze. “I think we’re gonna have to distance ourselves for a while, you stick with Alex and I stick with Henry. If it doesn’t work out then I guess we go back to fooling around.”
He bit his bottom lip. “I… I guess so. That could work.”
“But you and I both know this won’t work unless we cut each other out completely. So after today, that’s it, okay? We don’t kiss, we don’t hug, we don’t even talk to each other. Act as if we’re not even there.”
“But, but I’ve talked to you nearly every day since we were four…”
“Do you like Alex?” I asked.
“Yes, of course.”
“Then cut me out for a while.”
He sighed. “Alright, okay.”
He kissed me on the lips just once, then broke away and tucked a lock of hair behind my ear. We got out our cell phones and deleted each other numbers, I knew his number by heart but I’d be that little bit less tempted.
“So, yeah.” he said, scratching his forehead. “Bye, Emma.”
“Bye, Brendon.”
“I’ll miss you.”
I gulped and let go of his hand. “I’ll miss you too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, I'm sorry.
Relevant all the same.

It's prom in two days :D I'm looking forward to the after party more than anything. We were gonna camp, but y'know, it's England, so the weather has to be shitty. XD

1. What will happen in chapter 62?
2. What's up with Emma?
3. Do you hate me for doing this? XD