Status: Active. (:

One of the Boys.

Pt. 58.

My family and I were sat in our car, driving back home. I was sat in the back seat, looking out the window and tapping my foot nervously as we left Emma’s house. My heart pretty much broke in two as it disappeared out of sight; I was leaving my best friend out of my life from now on. I had no idea how long it would be for, but it already felt like too long. Other than the odd day or when we were on vacation, I’d seen her every day for twelve or thirteen years.
It would be difficult, but I have to do it for her. She loves Henry and wants to stay faithful.
But doesn’t that show you something? If she can’t keep her hands off of me then surely she shouldn’t be with Henry?

However, I really like Alex, and I find it tremendously difficult to not kiss her. Damn it, she’s too beautiful.

“Brendon? Are you okay?” asked my mom from the passenger seat.
I blinked a few times and turned to see her. “Yeah, I’m fine.”
“You seem pretty distant.”
“Mhmm.”

My sister smirked. “It’s because he’s day-dreaming about Emma.”
“Shut up, Kyla.” I scowled.
“You know it’s true, you so like her.”
“No I don’t, I like someone else. Plus, she has a boyfriend.”
She shook her head and laughed. “Why do you keep on lying? I know you guys kiss and hug and tickle and giggle. That sounds a lot like a couple, huh?”
“I said it before, I’ll say it again. Shut up, Kyla.”
“You did seem very close over Christmas, son. Her dad obviously wasn’t pleased you were touching her like that.” said my dad, focusing on the road.
“I wasn’t touching her like anything!” I squealed.
“If I do recall, you made her sit in your lap.”
“Because she shouldn’t have to be the only one sat on the floor.”
“Alright.” nodded my dad. “But you were holding her hand, had an arm around her waist, played with her hair at times and even tickled her. Son, I have no problem with that, but if someone was to do that to Kyla right in front of us, I would’ve punched them. Think yourself lucky.”
“Did it really look that bad?” I asked.
My family looked at each other, then back at the road, and I heard three “Yes.”
“But we’ve always been like that, it’s nothing new.”
“No, you used to be like that during Kindergarten, and you’ve only just recaptured it. And for when you do date, I approve.”
“We’re not going to date! Girls and guys can be best friends without dating!”
“Be friends, yes, but not that good a friends.”
“Dad! I am never going to date her. She is never going to date me. Please stop pestering me about this.”

They stayed silent but Kyla continued smirking as we pulled into our drive way. I got out quickly, grabbed my bags and stormed upstairs, slamming my door for emphasis.

It’s bad enough that I have my own brain mocking me, for being so insanely stupid and not talking to Emma; not telling her how I really feel. Now I have my family to mock and pester me too, I’m not sure how I’ll cope.

I got out a little piece of paper and began to write.

I miss you already, baby girl. x
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter in a few seconds.

Holy shite my back hurts. I stood up for too long and fell off the stage as I was trying to put up some decorations for prom. Oops D;

Seven comments please...? :D