Status: Active. (:

One of the Boys.

Pt. 65.

I was sitting on the small kitchen counter, swinging my legs from side to side whilst wearing my swim shorts. I was waiting for Emma to come out; she was changing in the bedroom.
“Emma, you nearly ready?” I called out, contemplating whether to eat an apple or not, dependent on how long she’d be.
“Nearly!” I heard from behind the door.
I smirked and took an apple anyway. After a few bites, she came out in her bikini, with an over sized cardigan on over the top. She smiled at me and walked over, taking the apple out of my hand and having a bite herself, then giving it back.
“Hey, you.” I pouted.
“Oh come on, you don’t mind I had a bite.”
“Yeah, but-”
She cut off my defence with a soft kiss, both of us smiling.
“You’re right.” I smiled, pinching her nose. “But, um, why are you wearing that cardigan? You’re not going to go swimming in it, are you?”
“No… just leaving it on until the last minute.”
“Why?” I asked.
“Because my body is still in awful shape. I don’t want you seeing it.”
“Ezme.” I smiled. “Of course I prefer you when you’re curvy, but I understand why you’re a little more skinny than normal. I don’t think it’s awful at all.”
“Brendon you’re too smooth.” she chuckled. “Such the charmer.”
“I’m not trying to charm you!” I squealed, taking one last bite then throwing the core in the bin. “I’m trying to boost your esteem, big difference.”
She chuckled a little more then held my hands, pulling me off the counter. I scooped her up from the floor into my arms, bridal style. She smiled and draped her arms around my neck. She was noticeably lighter than usual, and she wasn’t heavy in the first place. I walked out of the front door, down to the edge of the beautifully clear lagoon. I gently placed Emma by the waters edge, but not before pretending to throw her in, and set her down. She thanked me and dipped her toes in the edge. I took a few steps back, then ran quickly, bombing in, the cold water taking my breath away momentarily.
“Brendon!”
I swept my dripping bangs out of the way, then laughed as I saw Emma, drenched from my splash. She didn’t look pleased but I knew she wasn’t mad.
“Aww, I’m sorry.” I smiled, swimming over to her and resting my elbows on her knees.
“You’re lucky I can’t hate you.”
I mocked horror, then smirked. “It’s because I’m so fucking cute that you can’t say no to this face?”
“Pfft, bitch you know it.”
She bent down slightly, whilst I got up on my tip toes and pressed our lips together. I held her face in my hands and moved in a little more to make it more passionate, parting her lips with my slightly fuller ones. I internally sighed happily as our tongues danced with each other, current going through my body, as for hers I didn’t know. I just hoped she felt the same way as I did when we kiss, because I always feel on top of the world and like nothing can harm us. The mere attachment of our lips makes everything so much better.
Emma slowly got closer and closer to me, her body being covered a little more by the water, the cardigan clinging to her skin. Her legs tangled around my waist, her feet locking together at my back.
She broke away slowly, nipping at my bottom lip lightly.
“I love you Brendon.” she whispered, one hand on my face, stroking my cheek with her thumb.
“I love you too, beautiful.” I smiled and kissed her temple. “Do you want to go swimming for a while or would you rather just dip your toes in?”
“Is it alright if I just dip my toes?”
“Of course it is.” I grinned. “As long as I can talk to you, I don’t mind.”
She blushed lightly and swam back out, half of her calves covered with the crystal water.
--------------------------------------------------------------
“Brendon, stop!” she giggled and tried to swat my arms away. “You know I hate being tickled!”
“Oh shh, you.” I smiled and kissed her once.
“Don’t make me kick you so you’re unable to have kids.”
I backed away quickly from the bed and she smirked, sitting up and dusting her hands.
We’d been swimming a few hours ago, ordered a pizza, eaten it and watched some crappy TV. Now she was in her pajamas, on the bed.
“Emma.” I sighed happily, sitting next to her on the bed, slipping my arms around her waist. I pressed several kisses to her neck and her eyes slowly fluttered shut. I broke away and kissed her lips once more.
“I love you.” I whispered.
“I love you too, Bren.”
“We have to go back tomorrow. Do you think you’ll be okay?”
“Will you stay near me?”
“Of course.” I nodded.
“Then yeah, I will.” she smiled and placed her hand on my knee, resting her head on my shoulder.
I hugged her tightly, then let go, standing up. I looked down at her, and she was still as beautiful as ever, but I’d only just noticed how frail she looked, how broken. Maybe it was the light, maybe it was just the moment, but I hadn’t seen her like this and it scared me.
“Em… how many pieces of pizza did you eat?”
“Why?” she asked quietly, crossing her legs.
“I want to make sure you’re eating.”
She bit her lip and held up one finger. I sighed and put my left hand on my hip.
“Babe, you’re not going to get better if you’re not eating. One piece of pizza is nothing!”
“It’s all I could eat, okay?”
“No it wasn’t!” I exclaimed, pacing.
“Yes, it was!”
“No! You’re going to die, you know that? If you continue like this then you’re going to die!”
I sighed heavily and rested my hands against the wall. I was going to walk out but stopped myself when I heard her sob. I turned around quickly and bit my lip guiltily as I saw her eyes, small tears trickling down.
“You’re scaring me.” she whispered and I immediately dropped to my knees, holding her to me. I’d never felt so guilty; my girl was crying, and it was all my fault.
“I’m sorry for shouting at you.” I mumbled into her shirt, stroking her back tenderly. I needed to treat her more carefully.
“I-It’s okay.” she sniffed.
“No it’s not.” I said, shaking my head and letting go of her. “You can shout at me if you want.”
“I don’t want to do that.”
“I know.” I smiled, kissed her forehead then walked out of the room, in search for my iPod. I plugged it in to the player and clicked play, then grabbed a banana. As soon as it got to the right part of the song, I skidded in to the bedroom, banana in a hand, like a microphone, and sang.
“Man, I feel like a woman. BA BA DA DA BA!”
I continued singing the rest of the lyrics, dancing around the room, and she couldn’t help but laugh. She covered her mouth to try and keep it in, but it didn’t work. She was almost in hysteria; I loved it. It’s the most beautiful thing when she laughs and has an astonishing smile spread across her face that illuminates the room.
Once the song had stopped, I changed it to something that I knew we both liked, like The Blues Brothers. I turned down the volume, then walked back into the bedroom.
“Bren.” she smiled, taking fistfuls of my old Bullet For My Valentine shirt and pulling me into a kiss. I smiled too, as she draped her arms around my shoulders and our kissing soon escalated into a pretty heavy make out session, with me underneath her on the bed.
She broke away slowly, our breathing quicker than normal.
“Bren.” she said, again.
“Are we okay now?”
“We were never not okay. You just thought that we weren’t and made a fool out of yourself to cheer me up. It worked, by the way.”
I grinned and tucked a lock of hair behind her ear.
“I’m going to eat an apple.” she nodded. “Then I’ll go to sleep.”
“Okay, sweetie.” I smiled and she slowly climbed off of me, walking in to the small kitchen and taking an apple, then walking to the bedroom. She shut the door, then crawled under the covers with me, sitting up. She offered me a bite, but I refused as she needed the food a lot more than I did.
She soon finished it and threw the core away.
“Thank you.” she murmured, linking her hand with mine. “Thank you for doing this for me, and not thinking I’m crazy, and caring for me. Why do you do it all?”
“Because I love you.” I shrugged, because yes, it really was that simple.
I turned out the light, then we slipped under the covers, holding each other.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think everyone wants a Brendon.

I know I want one.

Seven comments please? (:

P.S. If you love your Brendon stories (we all do), then you should check out Calender Business because I love it and it should get more recognition (:

Have a nice day, y'all :D