Status: Active. (:

One of the Boys.

Pt. 73.

I was sat on the beaten up couch in Spencer’s basement, next to Keltie. The air still seemed a bit tense between us, but I still forced a smile when she looked my way, hoping it looked genuine. Brendon and Ryan glanced at us frequently, as if to check that we hadn’t mawled each other to death yet. I wasn’t going to pick a fight; I’d forgiven Ryan so I could forgive Keltie. She made one of my best friends happy so I’d give her a shot, but she seemed less than willing to give me one.
Brendon walked over from the mic stand and over to me, smiling and taking several gulps of his cola. Keltie quickly got off the couch and darted up the stairs, muttering something about getting a drink too.
“Can you at least try?” asked Ryan, putting his guitar down and running his hand through his hair.
“Why should I? When she looks at me, I smile, and she looks at me with disgust. I’ve done nothing wrong, Ry. If she wanted to know me, she could at least smile back.”
“To be fair, it should be Keltie bothering.” piped Spencer.
“I’ll go talk to her.” smiled Ryan, ruffling my hair, then running up the stairs in search of his girlfriend.
Brendon sat in my lap, laying across me and the couch.
“I love you.” he beamed, so happy he almost giggled, and kissed my cheek. I think he must have forgotten to take his pills again, or he was just overly happy.
“I love you too, Bren.” I laughed lightly. Brent pretended to make gagging noises so I flipped him off. Spencer smirked and gave Brent a big hug.
“Oh Brent baby, I love you so much! Let’s go make out in the bathroom, they’ll never know!”
Brendon and I laughed, then he suddenly stopped. “Wait, you know we make out in the bathroom when we’re at your guys’ place?”
“You’re not subtle, B.” smirked Brent.
“Damn it.” he snapped his fingers, then sighed a little, closing his eyes and made himself more comfortable across me.

The band had certainly improved. Last time I’d seen them play, it was all just crappy blink-182 covers, and Ryan sang. Now they’d jumped away from that, coming into their own, actually writing their own songs, which sounded a great deal better than the covers. Plus, Brendon sang now, and I love it when he sings, because his whole face lights up. The fact he has a beautiful voice helps, too. Maybe they could get somewhere with this now. But even if they didn’t, they had a much higher chance of becoming successful.

He laced his fingers with mine. “I had a dream last night.” he began.
“Mmm?”
“And you were in it. But it was weird, because you were like, mad at me all the time. Then I’d bring you presents, and I’d do everything for you, but you still got mad and shouted at me, so I broke down and cried because I didn’t know what to do anymore. Then you peeled off your face and underneath was Harriet, explaining why you were a bitch. I woke up and yeah, that was it.”
I smiled a little. “Right...”
“Dreams are normally like a warning or something, aren’t they? Have I done something wrong? Was it when we were at your place, and I was being all controlling and fucked up?”
“No, and no. I don’t think you’ve done anything wrong, as far as I know. Not yet, anyway.”
“Yet, being the key word.” he hummed.
“You’re bound to do something wrong, as am I, because that’s what people do. They make mistakes. It probably will only be minor so there’s nothing to worry about.”
“Alright.” he smiled. “We have to go house shopping soon! That’ll be fun. And, uh, for the record, you don’t have to bother with Keltie if she’s going to be like that. She’s awesome normally, but she has no right to be pissed off at you.”
I gave his hand a squeeze. “Each to their own, I suppose.”

Ryan and Keltie slowly came back down the stairs, hand in hand, a small smile on her face and the large one that always shaped his, plastered firmly on Ryan’s face.

Keltie sat back down next to me, pushing Brendon’s legs to the side so she had room.
“Hey.” I said, poking him. “Get up so Keltie can sit down.”
“Awh but I’m comfy.”
I slipped my arms underneath him and flipped him off of me and on to the ground.
“Comfy now?” I smirked.
He wriggled around. “Yup!”
Keltie laughed. “Urie, you’re such a dork.”
“Yeah but she loves me for it so I don’t really care.” he laughed, sticking out his tongue and pointing at me.
“I don’t see why.” she laughed and crossed her legs.
“For the same reasons why you’re with Ryan.” I smiled.
“Ryan’s so sweet and caring, and is always looking out for me, and we have similar interests, and I don’t know, he just makes me feel good.” she blushed lightly.
“Yeah, and I’m all of that, and more.” smirked Brendon, getting up and sitting in my lap, his arm around my shoulders. “I’m a good fuck.”
“Brendon!” everyone in the room whined, me included. I punched his arm lightly.
“I joke, I joke! Chill everyone, we haven’t had sex.”
“Brendon!”
“Okay, okay, I’ll stop!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Filler. I know, I know.

Exams are slowly eating me from the inside, so updates will be very infrequent for a month or so, but after them, it shall be updates ahoy.
I love you all, sorry.