Well, I'll Wait 'Til You Listen, I Won't Say a Word

In Which The Day of Adam's First Gig Begins.

I woke the next morning on Adam’s gray-striped couch, his arms still around me. He was sleeping deeply, with his mouth slightly open and his breathing steady.
We must’ve fell asleep watching the movie last night, I thought.
I gently moved Adam’s arms and stood up, yawning. I took another look at Adam. He looked so vulnerable, so content in his sleep. He was curled up, his arms across his chest. I kissed him softly on the forehead and went into the kitchen to make breakfast.
The clock on the oven in the kitchen let me know that it was 7:44. I had always been a fairly early riser. Sleeping always felt like a waste of time to me. I went into one of the cabinets and found some pancake mix. I’d just poured the batter into a pan when Adam walked in and wrapped his arms around my waist.
“Good morning, Lanie,” he said quietly, “Making pancakes, I see?”
”Mhm. And they’re gonna be the best you’ve ever tasted.” I replied, grinning and flipping the pancake.
“Oh, really? I’m gonna hold you to that, you know.” He responded.
“I know you are.” I turned around to give him a quick kiss on the lips. I then turned back to the stove to pour more batter into the pan.
I finished the pancakes and put them on plates. Adam poured two glasses of orange juice. We brought our food over to the dining room table to eat our breakfast.
“So, my talented boy, are you excited for your first gig with Matt’s band tonight?” I asked him.
“Uhm, ‘ell, I tink…” He swallowed his mouth full of pancake. “I think it should go pretty well. To be honest with you though, I’m kind of nervous.”
“That’s completely normal, Adam. You’ll be fine.” I held his hand, rubbing the back of it with my thumb.
“I hope you’re right,” he said, looking at me sincerely, his big brown eyes hopeful and happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short, sorry. And I apologize for the long wait.
I should be posting another update soon. :]