Well, I'll Wait 'Til You Listen, I Won't Say a Word

In Which Adam Meets Matt.

“So? What sport d’you play?” Adam asked. “Apparantly, you’re pretty good at it.”
“Soccer. People make a big deal out of me but, I don’t know.” I replied, shrugging.
“Hm. I’ll have to watch a game. I’ll let you know if you’re any good afterward,” he said, grinning.
“Hah. Sounds good. So where are you from?” it was my turn to ask questions.
“North Carolina. We had a…series of problems down there and we felt the need to leave.”
“Uh-huh.” I said. I didn’t want to push it.
Just then, my best friend Matt walked up. Matt's a short guy, but what he lacks in height he makes up for in loudness and expressions. “Where have you been!? I texted you earlier to meet me out front, but you didn’t show! What took you so long?” he finally noticed Adam, looking on with an amused look on his face. “Ohh. Hi.”
“Matt, this is Adam Lazzara. He’s new here. So be nice,” I looked to Adam. “Adam, this is Matt Rubano, my best friend since second grade.”
“Pleased to meet you,” said Adam.
“Same here,” Matt said impatiently. He turned to me. “Okay, I let you off this time with a warning, but do it again and you can forget about going to our show tomorrow.”
“You guys got a gig! Fantastic! Where is it?” I was crazy happy. Matt’s band was up and coming and amazing. Actually, they didn’t yet have a name. But they were working on it. Matt played bass.
“At that bar downtown. Next to the Italian restaurant?”
“Oh, awesome. I can’t wait.” I said excitedly. “Hey, could Adam come? I mean, if you want to, Adam. You could meet some new people, get to know the town. I’ll show you around.”
“Yeah, that sounds cool. I’d love to.” Adam replied. “What kind of music?”
“Rock, punk…and basically whatever we want to throw in. You into music?” questioned Matt.
“Yeah, totally. And your band sounds great. All things that I like.” He responded.
“Alright, cool. So, I’ll see you third period in Trig, Lane.” Matt said.
“Ok, see you.” Matt walked off with a satisfied expression on his face. “Alright. Let’s go.”

[It's short, sorry. Another update tomorrow!]