Well, I'll Wait 'Til You Listen, I Won't Say a Word

In Which We Begin A Road Trip.

After clearing the trip with my mom and assuring her that Adam could be trusted, my boyfriend and I got into his battered Toyota and began to drive south to North Carolina. We were to be visiting old friends of his, and relatives too.
Things were going well. We’d driven for at least four hours when the unthinkable happened.
While cruising through the middle of nowhere, Adam’s trusty Toyota came to a sudden halt, screeching and wailing and smoking. He managed to ease the car to the side of the road before it died completely.
He groaned. “Be right back, Lane.” Adam stepped out of the car, hugged his jacket closer and checked the engine. Sure enough, it was pretty much destroyed. He toyed around with it for a little while, but he couldn’t figure it out.
When he came back, he looked crestfallen. A smudge of black grease was on his cheek. “Well, hon, I have no idea what happened, but I can’t fix it.”
“Oh, no,” I said, genuinely distressed. “Is there anyone we can call?”
He thought for a moment. “Well, my friend Dan works for a mechanic. We could probably get him out here to tow us to High Point. Lemme check my cell phone, I might have his number.” Minutes later, Adam had Dan on the phone.
“Hey, man, it’s Adam…Yeah, haha. Well, we sort of have a situation, and we’re hoping you could help…” He explained the incident, but I knew that things weren’t right when he furrowed his brow and ran his hand through his hair. “Okay, thanks anyway. We’ll see you then, I guess.” Adam clicked the phone shut.

“Well Lane, it looks like we’ll be spending the night in the car.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I AM SO SORRY, GUYS.
...especially Sarah. D:

I'm waaaay too lazy during the summer.
Hopefully my writing will pick up when the school year starts!

Thanks for any comments you might want to leave me. :]