Well, I'll Wait 'Til You Listen, I Won't Say a Word

In Which Matt Gets Mad.

Monday morning came. I drove to school in a good mood. Things were looking up for me.
But they soon took a turn for the worst. Matt stormed up to me the moment I walked into the school. I knew I’d messed up.
Before I could say anything, Matt started into his rant. “My god, Lanie, I called you twice yesterday! I texted you, too! And you didn’t reply. What was more important than responding to your best friend’s calls, especially when there’s a crisis?!”
“Matt-,” I began, but I was quickly cut off.
“No. Yesterday, Antonio got into a fight with Eddie, so now we don’t have a singer. And we need one by Thursday! We have another gig. And, on top of that, my mom threw out her back, so I was helping her all weekend! And you probably don’t even care.”
“Matt! You know that’s not true. I got your text, but I was out with Adam. I was going to respond to it later but I forgot. I didn’t get your calls, I think my phone’s battery died,” I explained quickly, “I’m really sorry, Matt, I’ll-,”
He interrupted me again. “Forget it Lane. You care more about Adam, obviously. Best friends obviously don’t matter anymore.”
“Matt, please. You know that’s not true.”
“No. You’re so blind. All you care about are your problems.Can’t you see that I…” he stopped abruptly. “Whatever. See you around, Lane.” He stalked off.
I stood staring after him for a few moments. I hate fighting with Matt with a passion. When we fight, I feel like I’m losing a part of myself.
Adam walked up and waved a hand in front of my face. “Lane, you in there? What’s wrong?”
“Nothing.” I replied, breaking out of my trance, “See you later, Adam.” I walked away, leaving Adam with a confused expression on his face.

[Short, I know. Next update will be longer.]