Status: One seriously depressing Hiatus. [That took me nearly a year to admit to].

All It Is, Is Just A Name

Chpt. 13 Skye's P.O.V.

Skye's P.O.V.
Hand In Mine

What happened after we met beneath the cherry tree was a blur. Somehow we ended up back at my house. I remember a vague discussion about how he'd gotten back to Sequim. He'd fondly mentioned an elder woman giving him counsel, and I have to agreeold people elders give the best advice.

But besides that brief conversation I don't think anything else was said. It was as if we mentioned anything too...relevant that we'd shatter the atmosphere of this reunion. And I doubt I'm ready for talking, my mind seems to still be in shock though my body feels as though he was never gone a day. I can't believe he's really here and I definitely I can't believeI kissed him we kissed. I just can't seem to grasp the full reality of the situation. It seems that every few minutes I'm reaching out to touch him just to make sure he's really there.

I look over at Grey and smile. His left arm is wrapped around my frame pulling my against his side while his right is busy petting Bert who has his head resting in Grey's lap. We're seated together on the living room couch the sounds of the Alternative Rock satellite channel playing in the background.

The sound of my father's car pulling into the driveway broke the calm, delicate spell cast around us. Suddenly I am all nerves. My palms start to sweat and my mind flits from thought to thought.

"Grey?.." I whisper my voice trembling ever so slightly.

But just like when we were kids I don't have to say much for him to know exactly what I'm thinking.

Hearing dad's key turn the lock I let out a little whimper. As soon as he turned away from closing and locking the door he would see us and -

"Shh...I'm right here, mi amor." Grey coos stroking my arm and pulling me further into his side, " There isn't anything to be afraid of." He told me while placing a reassuring kiss on my forehead.

"Skye, I'm home!" Dad calls then as his form reaches the living room entrance a surprised look crosses his face, but is quickly replaced with a wide grin. " Oh so I see you two've found each other."

What why isn't he more shocked to see us, see him.

Reading my mind once more Grey gives a brief explanation, " Your father stopped by Babushka's and picked up my letter when he was on his way to get your Chinese food last night."

"Sorry." Dad's tone was apologetic but his smile never faltered. Sitting down on the recliner to my right he continued, "I didn't know how to tell you that I was going to see him... I mean how would you have reacted? Though its more because Grey wanted to contact you first and tell you himself. Who was I to reject his wishes."

I shook my head as thoughts about how after I told him dad may never apologize to me again. Hell, he may never even talk to me!

"Its okay dad. I'm kinda glad you didn't tell me everything." I replied

If possible his smile grew, "Things seemed to have worked out well."

So far that is. There are so many things you don't know dad.

"Hey, Elle." Grey and my dad somehow managed to make small talk about the days happenings but my mind is in a different place. This could go from good to bad and from bad too worse in minutes.

All I could think was that I just got him back. I don't even know what about him has changed besides his appearance. I don't want to have to tell my dad I'm gay right now. Not when I have so many other things to tell them both. I need more time. But what if Grey says something, I take pride in being myself yet...and even if he doesn't mention anything how else can I explain how Grey and I are acting. What if he asks? Oh God, what if -

"Skye." Grey's smooth voice is stern, " look at me." I turned my head towards him and was mesmerized by his shining eyes. His armed slipped from my shoulders down to my waist were his thin fingers wrapped around mine. In a gentler tone he says, "Please, tell me what has got you acting like this. Whatever it is that has you shaking and on the verge of tears just give me its name and I'll go kill it for you. If you want I'll even bring you back a souvenir. "

Dad chuckles and I can't stop the small smile that forms on my face at his words. A new found confidence filling me I look at my father and say, "Dad, I have something important to tell you."

Quirking an eyebrow he replies, "I'm all ears son. Tell away."

Grey's eyes find mine once more and I know he knows what I'm going to tell my dad. His hand just squeezes mine as if to say, 'I'm here for you.'