Status: One seriously depressing Hiatus. [That took me nearly a year to admit to].

All It Is, Is Just A Name

Chpt. 17 Grey's P.O.V.

Grey's P.O.V.

xxX 2:00p.m. Friday April 5th Xxx

On the back patio of Babushka's Bed & Breakfast, with Babushka herself, I sat in a wicker chair with Cloud in my hands. In another wicker chair sitting across from me was the little old Russian lady knitting furiously - what it was or would be I had not a clue - but it did look curiously like a sneed from The Lorax by Dr. Seuss.

Smiling to myself I played a few scales and went through a couple of chord progressions to warm up my hands. It didn't take long before I was sucked into the realm of music. With the sun shining brightly in my face while I sang quietly along creating the lyrics as I went. It was just me, Cloud, and the flow of melodious energy.

After a half an hour Babushka reminded me that I was supposed to meet Skye at his school which let out in fifteen minutes. Yes, I did in fact go to school that day. I was thankful that it didn't go by the time I spent on it but by the "classes" I took. Otherwise I wouldn't have had the free time to lounge around like a bum in an attempt to catch up on some much needed sleep. Thanking her for the reminder I put Cloud back in her case and headed inside.

Once up stairs in my room I set Cloud on the bed, went into the bathroom and give myself a once over quickly finger-combed my hair before slinging my messenger bag over my shoulder and leaving the room making sure to lock my door. I jogged out to my car though I new it only took 5 minutes to get to the high school I didn't want to chance being late. I climb in tossing my bag into the empty seat.

As I backed out of the parking lot I sighed at the state of my V Dub. The back seat was still filled with the boxes that hadn't fit into the trunk along with that atrocious afghan Cindy had insisted I bring. I seriously don't know what I had been thinking when I decided to pack up all my shit and hit the road. What, did I honestly expect to just move in with Skye and Elle? No. But then where the hell else am I gonna go? Even though Babushka refused to take more payment than just the cost of the breakfast I wasn't going to continue mooch off of her until school let out and I could get a dorm -refused payment or not.

Sure I had won a few scholarships Junior year and I have all the financial aid paperwork saved on my laptop, not to mention the fact that since Doug and Cindy never had any kids of their own Sierra and I were inheriting the college savings they would have given to their own biological children. Despite all that I just didn't have the cash to support myself until I get into college.

I don't have enough money saved to get a down payment on an apartment and pay rent for the next four months. And I won't ask Doug and Cindy to wire me money, they've done too much for my family already. Besides since I don't even know what colleges' would except me yet I don't a clue where to look for an apartment. I really don't want to spend a week moving into a place only to have to move out and to another two months later when I find out I was only accepted to a college in California!

I shook my head as if that would dispel the negative thoughts and concentrated on the matter at hand meeting Skye's new friends. I feel like a giddy school girl being introduced to her crushes "circle". When I pulled up to the school the parking lot was still packed with cars, luckily the bell hadn't rung yet so I wouldn't have to dodge milling teenagers as I tried to find a damn parking spot. The only parking spot left was at the left end of the lot, away from my destination. Curiously the spot next to me was occupied by the exact same Bug as me.

With a shrug I grab my messenger bag from the passenger seat, better to blend in eh?, and get out of the car just as the bell rung. It was a detrimental affair trying to get to the ancient weeping willow in the middle of the courtyard but somehow I made it there without bumping into anyone. Ducking under the hanging branches I walk up to the the tree and lean against its gnarled trunk, closing my eyes. I didn't have to wait long before hearing the sweet bell-peal laughter of none other than Skye. I stayed in my stoic position just listening as him and a group of what I guessed to be five other people approached.

There was a rustling of leaves followed by two identical gasps, which were then followed by a soprano feminine voice, "Skye! You didn't tell us your old friend was drop dead -" her words were cut off by what I expected to be Skye's hand.

Upon opening my eyes I saw that I was in fact right about the number of people and Skye's hand cover a pixie-ish girl's mouth while she was still mumbling against it and glaring at Skye. The two identical gasps came from twin females, both were blonde, statuesque and wearing what had to be the most kickass school girl uniforms I had ever seen. Both had on black, grey, silver and purple plaid skirts and a black blazer with an intriguing silver emblem on the breast pocket. Besides that they were wearing the same colors just in different places. It was rather cute. But not in the sense that I wanted anything other than to just admiring them. I'm still hopelessly in love with the Skye I fell for back in seventh grade.

Besides the pixie and the twins there were two guys other than Skye. One was beefy and tall wearing a demented Alice In Wonderland tee shirt with black ...dress pants? He also had multiple facial piercings. The other was an average height, slight-figured, fair-faced teen wearing a skin tight skull and cross bones long sleeve and equally tight black pants.

The pixie bit Skye's hand and then turned and stomped over to metal face lacing their fingers together before turning to Skye, "Well? Aren't you going to introduce us to the lovely young man?" She was obviously serious though she was using an over dramatic voice.

I bet she's the mother figure of the bunch.

I looked over at Skye and let my gaze linger on him. God, I wish I could have been there to see him change from awkward 14 year old into... well, an almost-man. I raise my eyes to his and grin.

Blushing Skye clears his throat and says,"Uh, guys this is Grey. *cough* Grey these are the guys..."

Pixie reaches out and mock punches Skye's arm giving him what I suppose was a meaningful look. I walk away from the willow standing closer to Skye and joining the half circle they'd created under the ancient tree.

"Fine, fine." Skye grumbles before proceeding to point at each of his friends in turn. We all exchange pleasantries before Valen, the slight-figured, fair-faced one, shouts,

"Its Friday!!" Everyone punches the are and yells, "Hell ya!"

Well everyone but Skye and I. Then five pairs of eyes are on us. Smirking I punch the air, "Hell ya!" Followed by Skye's half-ass version of the ritual.

Daisy says, "Good. Now you know how its done, -

Paisley finishes the sentence, "So next Friday you'll join in!"

I smile at the thought of being here, with all of them, next Friday. I'm starting to think their perkiness is wearing off on me.

Everyone heads over to the parking lot. Mike and Marissa getting on a deep purple and chrome Harley Davidson, surprising. Valen, Daisy and Paisley getting in red and black ‘57 Chevy.

Marissa yells over her should, "Well meet you at the Cinaplex at 8! Don't be late -" Her words are cut off by the roar of Mike's bike as they pull out and drive off, followed by the others.

Skye waves and starts walking towards where I parked my car. I had to restrain myself when I saw the confused look on his face at the two black 1967 Volkswagen's parked next to him.

"I assume that ones yours then?" Pointing out the car that wasn't filled with boxes. He nods just nods.

There's a pause before he asks, "So...Do you wanna come over to mine?"

I chuckle, "Of course Skye. We still have tons of catching up to do. Besides, we both know someones gotta help you with your math." I say jokingly.

A cute pout crosses his face and he punches my chest. Stomping over to his car.

"Hey don't get all huffy it was just a joke!" I call. He looks at me over the hood of the V Dub and sticks out his tongue. I blow a raspberry at him and we both start laughing before climbing into our respective cars.

I didn't realize how much I missed out little fights.