Status: One seriously depressing Hiatus. [That took me nearly a year to admit to].

All It Is, Is Just A Name

Chpt. 19 Grey's P.O.V. / Skye's

Grey
Tempest

No. I did not go running after him to apologize for fucking with his feelings. No I did not go running after him shouting out my undying love for a boy I may have lost along with my mother four years ago. And no, I most definitely did not just sit in the kitchen with a confused lost puppy look on my face.

No, my plan was much more fun than any of those options and hopefully much more effective as well. I did however turn off the oven before I put said plan into action, once I was done with him he’d still be in the mood for pizza. A meatless pizza. I couldn’t help but smile at the fact that he cared enough to do that even if he was most likely totally pissed off at my stupid ass. Yeah, yeah I cuss a lot more when I’m working. So sue me.

Once I heard the back door slid shut I snuck out of the room and upstairs to Skye’s bedroom where I borrowed a belt from his closet. He’s the only guy I know who hangs up his belts, but then again I haven’t seen to many closets either. With the belt in hand I crept quietly down the stairs and down the hall to his father’s study from which I took a four inch piece of Scotch boxing tape. I stuck the edge of the piece of tape to my upper arm before slinking out of the office and to the curtains that hung in front of the sliding glass doors. Hiding amongst the fold of fabric I held back a snicker at the sight of Skye’s pouting, unsuspecting face as he returned from the back porch.

That’s when I pounced, literally. He walked through the entry way and before he could even turn around to close the open door I was already on top of him. Of course being the boy he is he didn’t go down easy. Nope. He put up quiet the fight seeing as he realized it was me as soon as we came in contact. But also seeing as we’d been sparring together since fifth grade it wasn’t too terribly detrimental for me to straddle his waist, pinning his legs together with mine, disorient him enough to be able to tie his flailing arms with the belt I had and effectively stop all attempts at biting or screaming with the handy piece of tape I’d grabbed. Yep, and that was it…well I still had to hold his shoulders to the ground so he didn’t head butt me.

I guess one could say he was pretty pissed off that my method of distracting him was to press me lips carefully to his. I get it really I do. I mean I’d be ticked if someone kissed me only to tie me up. Not that I was going to hurt him or anything, he knew that to, but this way he couldn’t interrupt or beat the shit out of me, he knows I’d let him too, until I’d finished saying what I had to say. Which surprisingly wasn’t all that much,

“I loved you. Not just like best friends, Skye. I wanted to be with you.” The squirming stopped and I swear I blushed when he looked at me with first shock, then realization. “I can’t deny what I felt for you then and what I’m feeling for you now. It was too hard to “let go” and I couldn’t forget. I tried to move on but you know what they say about first loves, they never really leave.”

I felt him relax a bit and took my weight off of his shoulders, “I could have said this last night but would you have wanted to hear me say that I don’t know whether or not I could be the same friend you had before, minus the acne and add the car. That I can’t stand not knowing what your thinking and feeling and where you want this to go. Could I have demanded an answer to all that last night. No. I’d like to hit myself for doing it now, to be quiet frank.”

My hands were placed on either side of his head as I bent down to look deeper into his spinning blue eyes, “I want to know you even more intimately than I ever did before, on a physical and emotional level too. I want to share beauty with you, to take this spark I feel and build a flame that will consume us both. I want to take my time learning the contours of your soul, mind and body as you memorize my every curve as well. But more than anything, as cheesy as it sounds, I want you to go with your heart.”

I peeled back the tape and he didn’t even wince. I undid the belt that held his hands together and lent back over him placing my hands on the floor above his shoulders. We stared into each other’s tempest gaze, his a roaring ocean and mine the thundering evening sky. His breath caressed my face as I pressed my forehead to his letting my hair shield us from the outside world. Closing my eyes I whispered, “Could you love me?” and then he stole my breath.

Skye
Gay Pride

Xx 7:36 p.m. Friday xX

"I still can't believe you tackled me." I grumble as I drive down the highway. He says nothing just turns on the stereo slipping some CD he'd brought with him into the player.

He's smirking. Fuckin' bastard.

Yes, dinner was fabulous. I'm a great cook and when you have two great conversationalists alone in a room you get great conversation. Yes, I did say "I...think I could. I could love you Grey. while blushing profusely, p.o.ed as I am to admit it. Yes, we kissed rather aggressivelytwice before I went to get ready upstairs and he took a trip to his hotel. But, none of that means either of us is a knight in shining armor or a damsel in distress or any of the other 'off into the sunset' b.s. . No,... no, no ,no...No.

He's still a fuckin' bastard.Even if his mouth feels like world peace.

As you can see I'm not a very happy camper. I, again, did several things I did not want to do or was planning to do anytime soon.
The main thing being confessing my feelings for Grey. He's a tad arrogant if you haven't noticed and my girlish response to his comments, passes and come-on's this evening have only added air to his ego. Though all in good fun, Grey Summers using pick-up lines that you've used yourself on you is not exactly a situation you can 'play it cool' in.

My spiraling cynical thoughts were brought to an end when I heard the first song that came on. It was 'Can't Buy Me Love' by the Beatles. Just to tease me, remind me of what I said, remind me of what he said, coax me into singing for him again. Bastard

I refused to sing and lit up a cigarette to ease my giddiness and my agitation. Such a beautiful contradiction, love and hate so close but yet so far apart. I just can't get mad at him the way I want to especially when I know its not him trying to hurt me, he's an asshole but he's my asshole.

We pulled into the parking lot of the packed Cinema and got out of the car. He opened the door for me, somehow getting out of and around the car faster than I could turn it off and slip the disc back in its home. He closed the door behind me and pulled me by the waist so I was flush against him with one arm extended to hold my smoke, the other knotted with his. Then just as I thought this was going to be some romantic gesture or private moment he steals my cigarette. I try to step away after he takes his first drag, exhaling a series of perfect o's but alas he grips my waist tighter sucking in more toxins before covering my mouth with his. Warm, chapped lips push mine apart and I'm inhaling his smoke as our lips move gently together. I pull back to exhale and smile at him as we continue to share a cancer stick whilst pressed against each other in a crowded parking lot. It was a sweet moment.

Then some rainbow smashing bitch had to come ruin it, meaning four homophobic guys had to say something smart right as I was about to take a deeper dive into that cavern or world peace Grey calls his mouth.

"What the hell are you faggots doing? That's sick!" A few other comments were called out simultaneously all sliding effortlessly off of my emotional raincoat. Yep, Skye has one of those bad boys. They work great when dealing with sad little 'bullies' like these. Yet, I couldn't use my umbrella of doom on them because Grey and I were no longer alone.

Suddenly, or so it seemed to me, Mike & Melissa, Valen and Paisley & Daisy were standing in a semi-circle behind us. Where had they come from? I thought, I'd been a bit too preoccupied previously to notice, if you catch my drift. Glancing around I spotted their cars and Mike's bike parked a few spaces from us. I felt Grey's arm tighten around my waist as he turned his head to glare at the group of homophobes.

Needless to say, that whole ordeal ended with a menacing growl from Valen and Mike, Melissa flashing her fangs (Don't ask.), Paisley & Daisy flipping out compressed batons from underneath their skirts. It was all suspiciously discreet and I had to make a mental note to talk to them all about it later.

And then just like that the brats scattered Melissa told us to follow them back to Mike and her's apartment seeing as in her eloquently put words, "If I see those little pieces of shit scumming around here I might just flip a bigger bitch fit than I want y'all to see."