Status: One seriously depressing Hiatus. [That took me nearly a year to admit to].

All It Is, Is Just A Name

Chpt. 5 Grey's P.O.V.

A let only three tears fall as I drove up I-5, one for each of those I was leaving behind. But I did not allow myself to dwell on those thoughts instead I slipped a Kanon Wakeshima CD into the stereo system Doug had installed last week. Letting the dark instrumentals guide my thoughts as I tried to decipher the lyrics from the bit of Japanese I remembered from when…. Shaking my head I focus on the road.

About four hours later I pull into a respectable Comfort Inn right off of the highway. The last sign I passed welcomed my to Eugene, Oregon. Which means only 280 miles to go. The afghan Cindy insisted I take actually came in handy by easily hiding my valuables with its tacky colored glory. Taking messenger bag with me I locked up my car. Getting jacked is so not on my to-do list. I toss the bag over my shoulder and pocket my keys before walking through the parking lot. An unpleasant door man glared at me as I walked into the lobby. But behind the check in desk, where a middle aged woman with obviously dyed red hair sat, encouraged me to stay.

“Good evening and welcome to the Comfort Inn.” She said with a smile.

I took a glance at her name tag before politely returning the gesture, “Good evening June. Do you have any rooms for one open?”

She nodded before typing something on her computer, “The cheapest, and in my opinion best, room package we have is one room, with an in suite bathroom and comes with a complementary full English breakfast delivered by room service.”

“Sounds perfect.”

“Then that will be 85.20 and here is your key, your in room 109 on the second floor.” We did the exchange and quietly wished each other a good night before I set of to the second floor key in hand.

I took the stairs not feeling like running in to anyone and easily found my room. Once I was locked in I flicked the light switch to see one other door, four cream walls, red curtains surrounding a lone window, a queen sized mattress with a matching bed set, a wooden chair, dresser with only a television and remote adorning it as well as a small bed side table and a mini fridge. Though I’d much rather just climb into bed I tossed my bag on the chair and opened what I had to be the bathroom door.

Moving sluggishly I undressed and stepped into the shower. As I turned the knobs I tensed but still couldn’t contain my hiss as cold water pelted me. Not soon enough it heated up and I could somewhat enjoy my short shower. After I’d toweled off I was too tired to do much else and simply slipped on a fresh pair of boxers from my messenger bag and slid under the covers. With a final wish for a dreamless sleep I drifted away from reality.

"If you don't wake up your breakfast will get cold." A quiet gentle voice spoke lulling me awake.

When I opened my eyes the first thing that came out of my mouth was, "Grandma?" And before I could apologize for mistaking the wizened woman for my relative she started laughing.

"Well good morning to you too Sonny." She turned around and picked up something from the ground, "Now Charles worked hard on this so eat up." The wooden tray was set on my legs was laden with eggs, bacon, hotcakes, toast, sausage, a little dish of marmalade, a small pitcher of maple syrup, a cup of coffee and even a vase with a single rose in it.

I tried to reply but a yawn caught me off guard and the words were lost. She chuckled before suggesting I have some coffee first.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yah I know not my best work and I don't have a real excuse for that.
I apologize for the wait, whole family had the flu :[ very icky.
Anyways feedback is always welcome, your ideas on what will happen, your opinions on what has happened, how I can improve my writing, what you would like to see in this....I take everything you say into consideration so don't be shy.