Status: One seriously depressing Hiatus. [That took me nearly a year to admit to].

All It Is, Is Just A Name

Chpt. 8 Skye's P.O.V.

Skye’s P.O.V.
Firsts & Friends

“I’m glad your acting more like yourself son, but please don’t smoke in the house.”

“Yah, so am I. Sorry dad, I’ll smoke on the porch from now on.”

I started smoking in eighth grade, for obvious reasons. I smoke durning the summer but every year I some how manage to quit so that I could make the soccer team. Speaking of which I’ve got practice after school today. When I showed up after thebreakup locker incident they told me, “Just go get trashed man. You deserve it.” and “Ya, go get laid you’ll feel fine tomorrow.”

Oh if only everything was solved with a bottle of Jack and a cheap hooker.

XxX Wednesday April 3rd XxX
Ah, peace and quiet. Eating lunch alone isn’t all that bad. No more superficial conversations…since there’s no one to talk to. And no more Katy is a definite plus. Apparently simply stating my true opinions yesterday was enough for me to get dropped from the group. All I got was a glare from the girls and a couple of “WTF waz wit u man?” texts from the guys.

Anyways, I’m more worried about how I should go about telling my dad that I’m gay.

--Flash Back--

The summer before 6th grade. We were in the woods behind my house. The path that was hidden behind the old tool shed. The path led to a bench underneath a cherry tree. The tree had been brought over from Japan by my great-grandfather [along with my great-grandmother]. Then when sapling grew into a tree my grandfather built a bench beneath it. Soft light filtered through the screen of cherry blossoms. It was stunning. The contrast between all that pink and so much green.

Sitting beneath that very tree, I received my first kiss. The boy seated next to me with his unforgettable silvergray eyes was my best friend, Grey Dawn Summers. A smile spread across the boys face and I found myself smiling back.

“Do you wanna try it?” When he asks me things I always feel as though no matter what I say he’ll still reply with a smile on his face.

My pale blue eyes never left the ground as I nodded. I felt his shaky hands cup my face. Our gazes were shy and a blush dusted both of our cheeks. Being 10 and having never kissed someone before would make anyone curious. Also, being 10 meant I had no idea that who you liked mattered, I was completely clueless to the amount of sexual prejudices in the world.

But that was okay because soon, the person I trust most, will tell me all about it. Surprisingly this first kiss was not as awkward or clumsy as most of the stories I’ve heard. We leaned in slowly tilting our heads slightly, our breath mingled just before our lips met. His moist, mine chapstick smooth. It wasn’t anything less or more than I expected. It was just what I knew it would be. Gentle, loving, warm, something that gave a spark in my tummy, something that made my mind tingly and blank, something that sent my heart racing and most of all something special.

--End Flash Back--

“Hey, I like your shirt.” Glancing up from my lunch I see a little clique of misfits. Two guys and three girls. The one who spoke to me is wearing the exact same 30 Seconds To Mars t-shirt as I am.

“Thanks.” Was the only reply I could come up with. But they didn’t wander off like I thought they would have.

“If your eating alone you could come and eat with us. “ Said a pixie like brunette wearing all black.

She must have noticed how my stare lingered on the guy whose hand was clasped in hers. A serious mowhawk, dark shades, an extremely violent scene on his graphic tee, and at least five pounds of metal hanging from his face and clothes gave off that certain “dangerous vibe”.

“Oh don’t worry he doesn’t bite.” Said It 1, statuesque, waist length blonde hair, red, white & black school girl uniform.

“Well not often….He’s really a sweetheart once you get to know him.” Added It 2, statuesque, waist length blonde hair, purple, white & black school girl uniform.

This looks like the perfect opportunity to make new friends. So I smiled picked up my back pack and said, “My name is Lyris North but my friends call me Skye.”

“Okay Skye, I’m Valen. The fairy of darkness over there is Marissa, her boyfriend is… well just call him Mike. The twins are Paisley, the one in red, and Daisy in purple.” Said the guy wearing the same shirt as me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow its finally Wednesay! It only took 8 chapters O.o
Next chapter is going to be Grey's P.O.V.
Again, I enjoy hearing your thoughts/wants/advice ^ o ^