Status: Active

They Called Me Frank

Obscurum Sceptrum

Danny staggered as he put his bag down on the rough, bare earth. The long boat trip upon rough seas had made him unsteady on his feet.
It was the first time he had been on a boat.

He rubbed a hand over his face, and closed his eyes for a moment. He was tired. It had been almost three days since he had slept in a proper bed. Five since he'd had a proper meal. So it was hunger and sleeplessness that made his arm shake feebly as he bent to pick up his bag again.
The backpack looked so small in comparison to the suitcases that everyone else had accompany them off the boat, but his meagre amount of supplies was everything he owned.
Everything he needed for his new start here.

Where here was, was a bit of a problem though. The falling-apart boat had brought him to a small island by the name of Obscurum Sceptrum. That was all the information that was definate about it. Its location was unknown to any but those few who knew where to look.
Even Danny didn't know where in the world he was at the moment. And that was perfect.

The reason Danny had come to this out-of-the-way island was because of something that was little more than a rumour. A rumour of a school that specialised in teaching unique students unusual classes. The school only hosted a few hundred students a year and was mostly unheard of.
He hoped to earn a place here for the next two years.

He sighed as he heaved his bag over his shoulder. He forced himself to take a few steps on shaky legs before walking became less of a chore and he could do so easily.
Leaving the other students behind, he set off down a wide dirt road that would lead through the thick forest that ringed the island and eventually to a dingy town by the name of Nox.
And from there? He wasn't sure yet. It would be a few weeks before the school started accepting students.
Until then... well, he'd have to see when he got into town. Maybe he'd find somewhere to stay.
♠ ♠ ♠
Very short. Very intro-ish. Coments and con-crit are welcome, as always :]