Status: finished!

The Other Side of the World

Twelve.

"Does it look like people are enjoying themselves?" Gerard asked, glancing around at the people staring at his artwork. Alyssa turned so she was in front of him, putting her arms around his shoulders, allowing him to wrap his arms around her waist.

"Yes, Gee, now calm down. They look like they love it." It was true, the people truly did seem to be enjoying his art.

"I'm just nervous." She smiled, shaking her head and kissing his cheek.

"Alyssa?" Alyssa turned to come face to face with none other then her boyfriend.

"Jake, what are you doing here?" She asked, stepping away from Gerard.

"I just decided to come surprise you." He said, before glaring at Gerard.

"Oh, well I'm working." He raised his eyebrows at her.

"Flirting with him is working?" She crossed her arms over her chest.

"I was reassuring him that his work is brilliant and that everyone loves it."

"They just feel pity on him, they don't actually like it."

"If all you're going to do is talk crap about Gerard, then leave."

"I don't wanna be here anyway, I'll see you this weekend though, right?" Alyssa frowned before looking back at Gerard.

"No, you won't. Me and Gerard are leaving Friday to go to New York, we won't be back until Sunday night." Jake glared at Gerard.

"Will you ever just give me a chance to spend time with my girlfriend?" He questioned.

"We've been working."

"No, Gerard, making up excuses to keep her there all day so she can't see me is not working. Well you want to know something Gerard, everyday after she leaves you, she comes to me, and do you want to know what we do? We have sex!" Gerard's eyes narrowed. "Yeah, so you really aren't splitting us apart or anything."

"Okay, Jake, I think it be best if you leave, I'll call you later, okay?" Jake glared at Gerard for one more second before grabbing Alyssa by the waist and crashing their lips together, moving his against hers heatedly. Gerard rolled his eyes and looked away, crossing his arms across his chest.

"Bye, baby." Jake said, pulling away from her with a light smack.

"Bye." She spoke, sort of breathlessly. Jake smiled and kissed her one more time before disappearing in the crown of people. She turned back to Gerard, smiling apologetically. "I'm so sorry about him." He shook his head, looking back at her.

"Do you really go and have sex with him ever night?" He asked, making her sigh and look down at the ground.

"Yes." Gerard sighed and started to walk away. "Gerard, he's my boyfriend, I can have sex with him as much as I want." She defended.

"Yeah, but he really doesn't need to come in here and flaunt in just because he knows it will piss me off. For years we've been battling each other, I thought it was finally over, but now he has you to rub in my face. I thought him being a better artist hurt, but this hurts so much worse." She frowned.

"I'm sorry Gerard, I am." He shook his head.

"It doesn't matter." He tried to walk away but she grabbed his wrist, pulling him back.

"Doesn't matter? You're feelings matter, Gerard." He shook his head, still trying to get away.

"You're happy with Jake, that makes me happy. Now, if you would let me go, I would like to go talk to people." She stared into his eyes for a few seconds before letting his wrist fall from her grasp, allowing him to walk away from her...