Status: finished!

The Other Side of the World

Twenty.

"Gee, where are we going? We've been driving for hours." Gerard laughed at his girlfriend.

"Well, I have something I need to tell you." He said, glancing over at Alyssa for a second before turning back to the road in front of him.

"Oh?" She turned in her seat to look at him. "What do you need to tell me?" He smiled.

"Well, we'll be gone longer then just this weekend." Alyssa frowned.

"What? We will?" She asked, making him laugh at how confused she was.

"Yes, the drive to where we are going is going to take the whole weekend and we're spending the week there and then leaving on Saturday, getting back late Sunday night."

"Where are we going?"

"Well, right now we are stopping at a hotel because I am tired." He spoke, releasing a yawn, making her giggle.

"Where are we going to be tomorrow?" He smiled, pulling up into the parking lot of a hotel, finding a parking space easily.

"California." He spoke, turning off the car and turning to smile at his girlfriend.

"California? You are driving us to California?" He laughed and nodded. "Wow, I can't wait to see what you do for our one year anniversary." He laughed again.

"So California is okay?" She looked at him as if he had just grown another head before rolling her eyes.

"No Gerard, California is such a terrible idea." She leaned over so that their faces were inches from one another. "I love it, Gee." She spoke before pressing her lips to his softly.

"Good, I already talked to your mom this morning and told her that I was keeping you a whole week, she said to tell you to have fun." She smiled before kissing him once more right as the night sky suddenly lit up before a giant rumble of thunder sounded through the air.

"Geez." Alyssa said, pulling away from his lips with a light smack, looking out the window as the clouds opened up and rain began to pour down. "Where are we even at?" She asked, turning back to smile at him.

"Somewhere in Missouri." He answered, shrugging before looking out into the downpour. "I guess we should go inside now." She laughed and nodded. "I'll get the bags, don't worry about them, babe." She rolled her eyes before getting out of the car and going towards the trunk, pulling it open. "Babe," He said, walking over to her.

She just giggled and grabbed his hand, twirling them around, rain pouring down on them, soaking them quickly.

"Do you know what I have always wanted to do?" She said, pulling herself against his drenched body. He laughed and wrapped his arms around her slim waist.

"What's that?" She giggled, bringing her hands up to brush his long, wet, black hair out of his face.

"Make out in the rain." He laughed and bent his face closer to hers.

"Well, you can do that now." She smiled as their lips pressed together, gently at first but more pressure was soon added as their wet lips slid together passionately. "Alyssa," Gerard spoke, breaking the kiss.

"Yes, Gee?" She asked, still in bliss from their kiss.

"I have something else I want to tell you." She frowned.

"You can tell me anything, Gee, you know that." He smiled and kissed her lips gently, nodding.

"I know. I just wanted to say that... that... I love you." She stared up at him for a few seconds, seeing that he was being completely honest so she kissed him so forcefully that he stumbled back, hitting the still open trunk of his car.

"Gee," She panted, looking up at him through the harder falling rain. "I love you, too."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is so short, I just found that as a cute place to end it. (: