Status: finished!

The Other Side of the World

Three.

"How much did you have to drink?" Gerard asked Alyssa as she stumbled out of the club, giggling as she went.

"Umm," She bit her lips, creasing her eyebrows together. "I don't know." He laughed and caught her as she almost fell.

"Well lets get back to my house and I'll drive you home."

"What about my car?" She asked drunkenly.

"I'll take you in your car and walk home." She shook her head.

"Too far." She giggled. "You can just stay at my house." She said, moving closer to him. He rolled his eyes and took her head, leading her down the street.

"I'll have my brother follow us there and he can drive me back home." She looked at the clock on her phone, squinting at it.

"But it's 2 in the morning. He's probably asleep."

"I'll wake him up." She nodded, giggling again. She began to skip.

"I had alot of fun tonight, Gerard. Thank you for taking me out." He smiled at her.

"Of course. You deserve it. I had fun too." She giggled, lacing her fingers within his own while they walked.

"So tell me, why did you and your girlfriend break up?" The smile fell from his face. He knew that she was drunk and would normally not ask so bluntly but that didn't stop it from hurting as he thought of his ex.

"She cheated on me."

"Oh, Gerard. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked." She spoke, putting her hand over her mouth, her eyes were truly regretful. He smiled at her and squeezed her hand gently.

"Don't worry about it. I don't mind telling you. We are friends, right?" She smiled at hi and nodded.

"Yes." She looked down at the ground. "You're the only real friend I have, you know." She looked over at him, smiling softly.

"Really?" He asked as they turned a corner and his house came into view.

"I have a few friends, but I don't really talk to them much. They like to go out and have fun, which... you know.. I couldn't do much."

"Well you should invite them out one night. We can all have fun."

"My friends are nerds." She said, laughing a little as they walked up his driveway.

"I'm a nerd too." He spoke, laughing while he unlocked the door.

"Fine, I'll talk to them, but don't say I didn't warn you." He laughed and nodded.

"Alright. Let's go wake up Mikey." He said, pulling her up the stairs. When they got to the top, Mikey was standing there, staring down at them. "Oh, hey Mikes."

"Your mom called, Alyssa." He spoke.

"Oh, is she mad?" Alyssa asked.

"Yes. I told her that you and Gerard went out. Mom offered to just let you stay here for the night, so Gerard, show her the guest bedroom." And with that, he walked off and into a room, closing the door after him.

"Well, let's go then." He walked down the hall and opened a door, revealing a medium sized room, which was much bigger than Alyssa's at home. It had a big bed covered with dark brown covers. There was a dresser against one wall and that was it. "It isn't much." He spoke with a shrug.

"It's nice." She let go of his hand and went to sit on the bed.

"I'll get you some pajamas alright?" She smiled at him and nodded. He left the room, going to his own and getting a pair of black pajama pants and one of his black shirts.

When he went back into the room, she had laid down, staring at the ceiling.

"Here ya go." He tossed the clothes at her, having them land on her face. She giggled and sat up, letting them fall into her lap.

"Thank you. Not just for the clothes, but also for having fun with me tonight." He smiled.

"Well you are welcome. I needed some fun too, so thank you." She smiled at him before standing up and walking over to him, putting her arms around his shoulders and hugging him tightly for a second before stepping back.

"Good night, Gerard." He smiled.

"Good night Alyssa." After they smiled at each other one more time, he left the room, her closing the door after him...
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Christmas!!