Status: finished!

The Other Side of the World

Seven.

"So, you've never had a boyfriend?" Alyssa laughed and shook her head at Jamia, one of Gerard's friends girlfriends. "Wow, why not?"

"I've had like those, meaningless relationships back in middle school, but from sophomore year until now, I've been working and the only free time I have is when I would be eating or sleeping." She shrugged.

"Why have you had to work so much?"

"My dad left my mom and took everything. He left her with five kids, and not a thing, no money, no furniture, nothing. We moved in with my grandparents for a while, or we were split up with like aunts and uncles for a while, finally my mom saved up enough money for a small house, I only just got my own room for the first time four months ago because my brother went to school."

"Wow, and I thought I had it hard when I couldn't have the coolest new phone." Alyssa laughed.

"I've gotten used to having no social life, so that might be why I act awkward at times, I haven't really done this since I was 13. All of my friends ditched me to go party, which I couldn't. I only just drank alcohol for the first time last night."

"Wow." Alyssa nodded. "Are you a virgin?" Alyssa laughed and shook her head.

"Surprisingly no. It was a co-worker at a book store, we got off at 10 that night, we went back to his house to watch a movie, just as friends, started making out, then had sex. That was my routine every day after work for months until my mom got sick and tired of me coming home at 3 in the morning, so she made me get a new job, I haven't spoken to the guy since."

"How long ago was this?"

"Three months ago." Her eyes became wide.

"That's the first time you ever had sex?" Alyssa laughed and nodded.

"Yes."

"Wow. Well Gerard won't work you hard so you can go back out into the dating world."

"Yeah, I do have this one friend who is interested in me and told me to call him when I get a chance to hang with him." Jamia nodded as Gerard stood up from the bed and made his way over

"You should call him! You deserve to have a boyfriend!" Alyssa smiled and shrugged.

"I might call him." Jamia smiled and held her hand out to Alyssa.

"Give me your phone." Alyssa frowned but handed it to her anyway as Gerard sat down beside them in their little corner that they were huddled in, away from everyone else. "What's his name?"

"You want to call him?!" Jamia smiled and nodded.

"Do you mind if I invite him over, Gerard?" Jamia asked him.

"Sure, even though I don't know who he is."

"Alyssa's future boyfriend. Now tell me his name!" Alyssa sighed.

"Jake." She spoke. "He put himself under there as Jakey though." Jamia nodded, finding the name in the directory quickly. She pressed the green button and put the phone up to her ear, smiling at Jamia.

"You have a boyfriend?" Gerard asked Alyssa, sadly.

"No, but he said when I get free time, he would love to go on a date with me, he's an old co-worker of mine. Are you sure you don't mind if he comes over?" Gerard forced a smile on his face.

"Of course not." She smiled.

"He's on his way." Jamia said, making them turn back to her. "He sounds hot." She said, handing Alyssa the phone back.

"Wait till you see him in person." Jamia and Alyssa giggled. "You should hear him play guitar too, he is so awesome."

"Frankie plays guitar, they should play together some time."

"They should."

"Tell me more about him." Alyssa smiled.

"Well, he's 24. He went to the university of art, up in new york-"

"That's where I went! Wait... do you mean Jake Hanner?" Alyssa frowned and nodded at Gerard. "Oh my god." He groaned and ran a hand through his hair.

"What? You know him?" Jamia questioned.

"We were rivals. We were always battling for best in class."

"Oh. Are you still sure it's okay he comes over?" Just then the door bell rang.

"Too late now." He said, getting up. Alyssa looked at Jamia worriedly for a second before getting up and following Gerard out of the room.

"I'm really sorry, Gerard." She spoke, he smiled over at her as they walked down the street.

"It's fine, really." She smiled at him before he opened the door to reveal a man who had longish dyed black hair swept over to the right side of his face, he had bright blue eyes, and snakebites. He was tall, very skinny, and was dressed in black skinny jeans, converse, and a black hoodie.

"Well, would you look at that, over-worked Alyssa finally has free time." He said, not noticing Gerard yet. Alyssa giggled and went into his awaiting arms.

"It's so good to see you, I've missed you." He chuckled and hugged her back tightly before looking up and meeting Gerard's eyes.

"Why is he here?" Alyssa stepped back and sighed.

"Jakey, I would like you to meet my boss Gerard. Or as I have heard, you two have already met." Jake and Gerard stared at eachother angerly.

"Yes, we have." Jake said. "Wait.. you work for him?" She nodded.

"I'm his assistant, though I haven't really done any assisting, I've just wasted his money on getting drunk." Gerard looked at Alyssa and smiled, wrapping his arms around her waist, pulling her into him.

"The money was not wasted babe, you needed to have fun and live." Jake glared at him while Alyssa was smiling up at him.

"So, shall we get back to the others?" She suggested.

"Sure." Jake said, smiling at her. She moved out of Gerard's arms and took Jake's hand, pulling him in the house and up the stairs, leaving Gerard at the door, who sighed and knew the war was back on, only this time, they weren't fighting over who was the better artist, they were fighting over Alyssa, and she didn't even realize it...
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy New Year!

Wanna sum up of my new years?
Well, i attempted to dye my brown hair blonde, only the roots came out blonde because my natural hair color, which was showing at the roots, is muuch lighter then what the brown i normally dye it, so my roots are blonde, while everything else is a lightish, dark brown. it sucks and i cant fix it without fuckin up my hair even more, oh well..
i played Clue with my drunken parents and lost. haha.
then at midnight, all of us, my brother too, jumped in our pool. it was not fun. my mom lost a ring when she jumped in, so i was like, oh, ill get it when i jump in, well, as soon as i was in, i said fuck that shit. it was like, my whole body froze instantly. gahh. it was so cold outside that you could see youur breath, and my pool is sooo freezing anyway, its not heated, so it was crazzy.
we made it a tradition in our family to do it every new years. its soo stupid, but it pumps ya full of adrenaline like you would not believe. haha.
and then i watched MCR interviews with my mommy. haha.
oh, and then i drank.
even though im underage, so shush, dont tell anyone. haha.
and then i came and wrote this! :D

im going to be now though, so gooodnightt!!!

and happy late birthday to bob! <3