Status: finished!

The Other Side of the World

Nine.

"I had a lot of fun, thanks for telling Jamia and giving her your phone." Alyssa laughed and nodded.

"I'm glad I let her call you, too." He smiled and kissed her, his hands getting lost in her hair.

"Alyssa! Come on, we have work to do!" Gerard yelled from the porch, crossing his arms. Alyssa sighed and pulled away from Jake.

"I'll call you when I get home tonight, kay?" He nodded, kissing her once more.

"Alyssa!" Alyssa pulled away from Jake and glared at Gerard.

"God, Gerard, calm down!"

"I am your boss, so get inside, now." He ordered. Alyssa sighed and stepped away from her boyfriend.

"Well, bye."

"Bye, babe." He glared at Gerard once more before getting in his car while Alyssa walked up to Gerard.

"What's got you in such a hurry?" She asked as Jake drove off.

"I just really want to start on this painting." He said, while they went inside.

"And you couldn't start with out me?"

"No, because I need you to do something, and I would like to show you what it is before I get absorbed into my painting."

"Oh, well, I'm sorry. I just wanted to say good bye to my boyfriend." Gerard sighed, hating that word coming from her mouth unless it was about him, which it was not.

"Yeah." Was his only response.

"I know that you don't like him, Gerard, but he is still my boyfriend-"

"Yes, and you are at work, therefore, me, your boss, comes first before him." He said, turning around to glare at her.

"Well this is the first time I'm actually doing a real job for you, so sorry if for once I let go and not worry about work." Gerard sighed.

"Well that won't happen any more. We're done having fun, it's time to actually get to work so I can move out of this god forsaken house." He said, turning back around to go into his studio.

Alyssa did not like this side of Gerard, she liked the side where he was caring, and funny and only wanted her to have fun.

She didn't think that her getting a boyfriend would make Gerard turn into such a jerk like this, but then her boyfriend is also his rival, so it is sort of understandable but Jake isn't acting childish and like a jerk like this.

"Gerard, I'm sorry," She sighed, running a hand through her hair. "I should have thought about you first, you've been nothing but nice to me, but and yet I still just go and date your rival." He sighed, looking down at the ground before looking up at her.

"I don't care who you date, Alyssa just do it on your own time, not at work." She nodded.

"Okay, what do you need me to do?" She asked, looking around the room she had only been in once before.

He then showed her all the paintbrushes he had that needed to be cleaned so she took them all into the connecting bathroom and washed them all, it took about 15 minutes to get them all clean.

"I'm finished." She said, putting them all back in the cup on his desk. He was staring at the painting he was working on with a concentrated look on his face.

Alyssa walked to him, standing beside him to look at his painting. It was of a park or something like that. There was a green field with people sitting around, enjoying the sun beating down on them, while there was also a small pond in one corner, and kids were playing at the waters edge.

"This is great, Gerard." He jumped sightly, not knowing she was right beside him and looked down at her.

"I don't like it." She stared up at him in amazement. "What?"

"How could you not like this? It's brilliant! You're the best artist I've ever seen." He blushed.

"Have you ever seen any of Jake's work?" She nodded.

"He's good, but I love your work better. The passion, and feelings you put into them amazes me and it really shows." He smiled.

"Thank you. That means so much to me, it honestly does." She looked up at him, smiling widely.

"Anything else you need me to do, boss?" He laughed.

"I have a big box of sketchbooks over there, can you put them on the shelves?" He pointed to the far corner. There was two shelves hanging on the wall, and a closed box pushed up against the wall underneath them.

"Sure thing." She smiled up at him, getting up on her top toes to kiss his cheek gently. "Don't ever doubt you aren't a good artist, Gerard, you really are brilliant." He smiled down at her.

"Thank you." She smiled up at him once more before going off to do what she was asked....
♠ ♠ ♠
meh...
not sure about this...