Status: Not sure that I'll ever finish. I dislike a lot of what I did with my story and am tempted to scrap the whole thing.

Blood Desires

Nathan

Taylor wasn't happy with how her life was going. She needed to spruce it up with something interesting. Drama would be nice. Working as an author in New York City did help, but lately the stress was just so much, she was ready to get out and go to a club. She could feel that tonight was her night for some change in her life.

She got dressed into a red satin dress with black Prada heels. Her hair was straightened and her makeup was dark and full of energy. Her lips were adorned with a matching red lipstick to her dress. Red was her favorite.

Taylor glanced one last time in the mirror before grabbing her black coat and stepping over the threshold, out into the night. She looked up and down the street deciding whether to walk or not. Her outfit was begging for her to take a taxi. She rifled through her clutch and decided to oblige finding a twenty dollar bill.

The cab she called was there within minutes. On the way downtown she held her clutch closely, hoping that she would get a call from one of her friends. Thinking about it she knew she wouldn't since most of them were probably all drunk anyways.

The taxi pulled up to the club Obscurity and Taylor threw her twenty into the cab driver's hand. Waltzing up to the door, she passed the bouncer without him giving her so much as a glance. Being an author for one of the hottest magazines had it's benefits, though lately her writer's block had put pressure on her. Luckily, Infatuation, had other writers to back her up for the time. Even so, it slowed down her process in writing her book as well.

She headed straight toward the back where the bar was, sitting away from the pulsing lights of the club. The music was energized and sexual. The bodies on the club floor thrived to the rhythm it played out, everyone moving in sync to the beat.

Taylor sat down at the bar, "Strawberry Daiquiri please." She winked at the bartender as he passed her the drink. He smiled and winked back as she handed him a five. He turned toward his other customers as Taylor swiveled on her stool to look at the dance floor.

She sipped from her drink as her fingers fiddled with the little umbrella. She scanned the floor for someone she knew. Spotting a friend she set down her drink and ran over to hug her.

"Amy!", she exclaimed hugging her friend. Amy was clad in a strapless purple dress with a full skirt. She wore black leather boots that gave edge to her outfit that showed her passionate side. Amy was the type to be passionate. Taylor found her hanging off the arm of her boyfriend, Mason.

"Taylor! I missed you", Amy hugged her back even tighter. Her breath was clean from booze. Amy was always so motherly and cautious.

"So hows the club tonight?", Taylor asked energized for the night to began. Glancing at her watch she noticed it was barely ten o' clock and a sigh escaped her lips.

"Saw some cute guys", Amy replied, a grin spreading across her face.

"Really?", Taylor smiled looking around the room. Her eyes falling on a cute boy in his early twenties, right about her age.

Amy followed where her eyes had went and gave an approving nod. "Go for it", she whispered in her ear. Taylor's instincts told her to stay, but after a deep breath she marched herself across the floor with Amy on her heels.

Taylor approached the guy gently so as not to turn him away. "Hey", she nodded to him as she began to dance in front of him. His blonde hair catching her eye. It's dirty color making it look almost brown under the dim lighting. The thumping of the music pounded through her and made her dance more. Amy danced along next to her, but much more distanced from the guy. Her loyalty to Mason was something Taylor could see herself doing, but just wanted to experience a man to begin with. She would worry about commiting later.

The guy showed he was alone as he moved closer to her, his hands quickly finding her waist. Amy drifted farther as Taylor noticed Mason coming toward her in the distance. His hands and eyes instantly floating to her and soon the two were dancing off together, close and personal. Taylor wanted this and was striving for it. She moved in closer to the guy, his hands seeming to magically pull her in.

"So what's your name?", his hazel eyes falling just along her neckline, or so Taylor believed.

"Taylor", she stated boldly, "and yours?"

"Nathaniel, but I prefer Nathan." The beat changed and got louder and heavier. Their bodies moved closer. They rubbed against one another. Nathan taking her hand and twirling her around so her back was to him. He crossed his arms across the front of her and held her close as she bent her knees and moved into him.

They moved in sync with one another, as one being. Every move close and personal, the heat traveling between them easily with so little distance. Suddenly Nathan stopped, his breathing hard. "Let's take a break shall we?", he asked taking her hand and pulling her through the now larger throng of people. They reached the back and sat at the bar.

"Two Hurricanes", Nathan ordered. The bartender looked a lot less cordial than before at the sight of Nathan. He handed them their drinks and went back to cleaning glasses. Taylor took a large gulp of her drink. She needed a little alcohol in her system to keep her mind from spacing out on her and causing her to be shy again.

"So what do you do?", Taylor asked, trying to make conversation.

"I'm an architect", he replied smoothly. His face lit up at her reaction. Taylor was thoughtful at this and tried to picture herself with an architect. "You?"

"Journalist slash creative writer", she replied swiftly. She hoped it was a good enough career for him to pass it by. He smiled and his face sent butterflies through her. They talked for a long time and slowly but surely they both got completely wasted. Soon the clock struck one o' clock and the two were stumbling out of the club into a cab and away they went.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the slow paced start. The first few chapters are more background. Without that there is no basis. Chapters 4, 5 & 7 are pretty good in my opinion, but things really pick up in interest at Chapter 9. I understand skipping ahead :) But still, thanks for reading.

This is the story that I started writing for my friend about her future and what she would love to have it like, and instead it turned into a rigorous project. Enjoy :)