Status: Not sure that I'll ever finish. I dislike a lot of what I did with my story and am tempted to scrap the whole thing.

Blood Desires

Bad Actions, Good Feelings

The week had gone by quickly again with only one call from Seth. He had called her the other night for them to schedule a dinner this weekend. She was glad he had called at all. By the time Wednesday rolled around she was worried he'd forgotten about her, but he said it was just work interfering.

He called Thursday night and they had an in depth conversation until midnight. She was excited because it was finally Friday night and she was ready for her dinner. He wanted her to meet him out at The Florid. It was a fairly expensive restaurant in the upper part of town. She'd never been and was excited to go.

She got dressed in one of her dresses that she'd bought from Mod Cloth. It was a beautiful dress named In the Red. It was a gorgeous red dress that was pulled across her chest and flowed down in the middle. It had medium sized straps. She had broken her black Prada heels when she fell, so instead she was wearing a shiny black, peep toe pump. She probably shouldn't of been wearing heels because her ankle was still sore, but she figured it was worth it to look good.

She felt elegant in her attire and was excited for tonight. She had the cab take her to the restaurant at seven o'clock. He'd said he would be there as soon as he could, but that seven should be plenty of time. She stepped out of the cab and waited outside for him just like he asked her to. She took in the scenery and was glad to find it was still fairly close to her favorite club and bar.

A few stars showed in the sky and the moon was incandescent. It was a big full moon that she couldn't help but stare at. While looking at the sky a cab pulled up and a couple got out. They went into the restaurant together, hand in hand. She thought of how others would look at her with her new boyfriend and hoped that they would feel envy for her as she did for them.

Taylor stood waiting outside for a while. The sky, seemingly getting darker. Being in the upper part of town made her feel safer, but it didn't do anything as far as time went. She was still taking up time standing and waiting on him. After half an hour she began to get concerned and called him. She eventually reached his voicemail and hung up, not caring to leave a message. A few more minutes went by, but by the time an hour had gone by she was depressed and her feet hurt.

Taylor called a cab and left, instead going to the club for a drank before her emotions caught up with her. She couldn't believe she'd gotten stood up by her amazing man. He was such a nice guy on some days, and others a complete douche.

She wanted to run to the bar when she got to Obscurity, but after her incident decided against it. She quickly set down at the bar and nodded to the bartender when he saw her. He brought her usual daiquiri over, but this time came over to sit next to her on a stool.

"You look sad", he told her, examining her face for a sign of emotion.

She nodded and told him, "I got stood up." Saying it out loud made it sound more definite and tears began to form in her eyes.

"I'm sorry", he told her and put his arm across her shoulders. "I'm sure it'll get better." Taylor sighed and nodded as she sipped her drink. Eventually customers came to the bar and he had to go back to work, but his consolence made her feel so much better.

She finished her drink and set it down, not quite feeling like dancing. Instead she went straight home and to bed. Her gorgeous dress was wasted on standing out in the cold. She peeled off her clothes and hung them back up for another night.

She changed into her pajamas and was laying in bed when her phone rang. She slowly went to get it and saw that he was calling her back. Her face contorted into a frown as she answered.

"Hello?", she asked, keeping an uncaring tone.

"I'm so sorry baby", the voice said. He sounded flustered and unraveled. "I meant to be there but there was a meeting and I tried to get out of it."

He sounded like he wanted to continue, but was unsure of what could make things better. Taylor sighed and decided forgiving him this once couldn't be so bad. "It's okay", she told him, honestly and sincere.

"I'll make it up to you, breakfast tomorrow morning." His tone sounded lighter in hopes of cheering her up.

Taylor couldn't turn down a makeup breakfast. Especially not from him, not after the conversation they had now shared and the wonderful moments she could picture with him. He was already turning into so much more than a boyfriend, but incidents like tonight were what held him back.

"Sure", she answered.

"Thanks babe", his smile practically heard over the phone. "I'll talk to you in the morning then. I love you."

She had never heard him tell her that before and she wasn't sure what to say. What if she didn't mean it back? Could she say it or would it be violating a law. She decided that how she felt was true and if she said it and it felt right then it must be. "I love you too." He hung up the phone and she knew that she did.

Her heart was light and fluttered in her as she laid down in bed. She closed her eyes and his face appeared, but she realized something about tonight. She had no idea where he worked or what he did.