Status: Not sure that I'll ever finish. I dislike a lot of what I did with my story and am tempted to scrap the whole thing.

Blood Desires

Saved. Again

Waking up she remembered her plans for the morning and went straight to her closet to decide what to wear. She didn't know what they were going to do for breakfast though so her choice was going to have to be versatile. Before she got dressed she wanted a cup of coffee however and went to the kitchen to make it. Coffee was her favorite and she knew it would wake her up and start the day right.

"Oh my god!", she screamed when she entered the kitchen. "You scared the hell out of me!"

Right in the middle of her kitchen was Seth, preparing breakfast. "I'm sorry dear." His british accent was attractive to her ears.

"How did you get in here?", her voice was somewhere between shock and amusement. She was happy to see him first thing in the morning, but also kind of wary of him just walking into her house.

"Your spare key", he smiled. He left the stove and walked gracefully over to her. He picked her up and kissed her, then sat her on the counter. "I'm assuming you like waffles since that's what I found in your freezer."

She laughed and nodded. Her breakfast did look good, consisting of eggs, bacon and waffles. The two sat down at the table and began to eat. At first they sat across from each other as they talked, but when they got finished they made their way to the couch to snuggle and talk. She lay in his lap, her legs stretched across the couch. He held her close as they talked about their friends, their home lives and growing up.

"That reminds me", Taylor began. She sat up to look him in the eye. "I told you what I do for a living, what do you do?"

Her question startled him at first and he looked like he was trying to get by without answering it. She had him cornered though seeing as how she was in his lap. He finally sighed and answered, "I do owe you an explanation. I own a small business."

Taylor accepted this answer, but his evasive maneuvers left her curious. "Which business?"

She could practically see sweat beads begin to form on his forehead. He looked like a trapped mouse and she was the cat. If he didn't answer she would pounce. "Don't get mad okay?" Taylor nodded but she began to get nervous by him even asking. "I inherited my business. It's Scottsdale's Beer if you must know."

Taylor's mouth dropped open. His family owned a million dollar business. He was utterly and filthy stinking rich. "How could you keep that from me?" She jumped off the couch and began pacing the room.

"I didn't want to tell you. I didn't want you to want me for my money." He sighed and rubbed his forehead in despair.

Taylor went to her room and came back throwing a pillow at him. "God, why couldn't you just tell me!" She sat down on the couch next to him as he tensed for her next yelling. "I'm not that shallow you know."

He smiled at this and hugged her tightly. "I know." They kissed and she felt so much better to know that he had good reason not to show up. If she was head of a business like that, she was sure she would be busy to. He had made it up to her, but next time he needed to tell her.

"If you want this thing to work out, no more secrets, and try not to move too fast." He nodded at this and scratched his chin acting as if he was in thought.

"That I can do, but naturally I have work to attend to, so maybe we can do dinner later. I'll call you?" He made it a question, as if he was asking for her approval.

"Okay", she nodded solemly. He kissed her intensely then left her sitting on the couch. She would remember to take that spare key from the flower pot before she went out tonight as well. She didn't mind it being him that came in her house, she just didn't want him to feel like he was the one in control.

She took a shower and got dressed into her red dress again, hoping tonight it would be useful. She wanted things to work out with him, but his weird actions lately turned her away from him. Wasn't it a bit soon to start saying that they loved each other?

Maybe so, but she could feel something for him. She knew that she cared about him a lot, and looking back realized that maybe she had from the first time they met. Taylor decided she needed to consult her friends on her problems and when she was done, headed out the door on the way to the little cafe they enjoyed.

Her friends were sitting outside at the little cafe, sipping on their coffees and talking. Caitlyn sat facing away from the door and saw Taylor first. She smiled and waved excitedly, tipping the twins off that she was there. The two jumped up and ran to hug her.

"Hey you guys!", Taylor laughed as they hugged her tight. "What's going on? Amy should be here soon."

"So, tell us about this guy of yours?", Felicia asked. She was one of the twins. The twins had different features to them, but in general they were both tall and blonde. They had blue eyes to match the rest of their looks that made them the perfect combo for guys.

They all sat down at the table and Taylor began. "Well, he's really cute, and he's british. The only thing is", she paused and looked around, "we're moving a bit fast and he's a millionare."

The girls looked at her in shock. Caitlyn's brown eyes lit up and she stared at Taylor with an open mouth.

Amy and Shelby came around the corner, "Hey guys!" They just glanced at her then went instantly into their questions.

"What? Are you sure?", Elizabeth, the other twin, asked. Shelby sat down at their table and instantly jumped in.

"He's a real cutie I must say, but according to Amy a douche all the same." The silence grew as Taylor thought about what to say next. She really wanted to back him up, but knew that she should be honest with herself and her friends.

"Yeah, he's a little different, but he's still a good guy. Plus, that night that he came home with me..." Taylor trailed off and then realized she had said too much as everyone began to ask questions. She instantly silenced them as she launched into her story of how he had carried her home after she had hurt her ankle. She left out the part where she was upset, but made sure to include their night together.

"Wow." Caitlyn was the first to break the silence that followed. "So he's really that great?" Taylor nodded and all the girls were silents as they contemplated what Taylor was going through. She didn't know how she felt, and didn't want to move too fast.

"Well the way I look it at is, you go along with it and if the road gets rough, just try to sort things out." Elizabeth stated this in a matter-of-fact way and went back to her coffee.

"I think she's right", Amy agreed. "We're here for you if you need help though." They all nodded at this as the subject slowly changed to talking about clothes. They were going to be good friends for a long time.

That night Taylor sat in her room writing when her phone rang. The jingle played a little before she could reach it and she danced her way to it. "Hello?"

"Hey." Seth's voice came smoothly over the phone. "Want to do something tonight?"

Taylor grinned at his question, "Sure, what did you have in mind?"

"I was thinking, maybe go to Obscurity to dance for a while, then maybe take you to a surprise someplace." His british accent seemed to purr in her ear. She couldn't resist the temptation and a little dancing sounded good for her.

"It sounds fun to me."

"Good, well I'll see you there in an hour then. I would pick you up, but I'm already squeezing out of a meeting right now." Dissapointment filled his voice, but was quickly renewed by Taylor's "okay". They said their goodbyes and Taylor went to prepping.

She was already dressed in her beautiful red dress and heels, all she wanted now was to make sure she had the right necessities. She knew by rule that it was good to have certain things in your purse just in case something went wrong. She kept spare money, her phone, a few Tylenol and mace for an emergency situation.

Her key was in her clutch this time, while the spare was moved to a different safe haven outside. She walked out and into the air, having a confidence and good feeling about her night.

Arriving at the club she found that it was busier tonight than on most. She squeezed her way to the back to the bar, ready to start drinking quickly. If she started now, she might be able to get tipsy enough to remain calm when Seth got there. She sat down and ordered her usual. Like last time however, the bartender came and sat next to her.

"How are you tonight Miss Taylor?" he asked as she sipped her drink.

"Much better thank you." Taylor smiled at his kindness and twiddled her umbrella in her glass.

"I hated to see you upset the other night. You looked so devastated, I wanted to help." He seemed to scoot closer to her as he spoke. Taylor tried to decide what to say to him so as not to tell too much about her problem. She didn't want to seem pathetic.

"Thank you for wanting to help me. You know I never did catch your name."

The bartender started to laugh as he said, "Well, it seems to be a common name." His smile was warm and it seemed to reach his eyes. He was a joyful person it seemed. He finished his statement, "My name is Taylor."

They both laughed at this and how ironic it was. As they took amusement at this, she began to see that the bartender wanted to do more than help her. He wanted to be close to her. Maybe a week ago this would've seemed nice and she'd of accepted this as a compliment. Now, she knew it was wrong, and she also knew she didn't feel the same.

He inched closer to her on his stool as she slowly inched away. He pulled towards her faster though and leaned in to kiss her. She put her hands up for him to stop and he did suddenly. She shook her head "no" and he took thought at this. Something in him caused him to keep going though, and that's when he was thrown to the floor.

Seth has obviously seen his attempt at kissing Taylor and thrown himself at him. He proceeded to pound into him as he lay there. They fought ruthlessly.

"No, stop!", she screamed as she grabbed the collar of Seth's shirt, trying without much success to pull him off. The bouncers were coming through the crowd, so she tried to pull them off before things got bad. Suddenly, two guys from the floor pulled them apart, one taking the bartender, Taylor, back into the back of the club while the other assisted Seth out the door.

When Taylor and Seth were left alone she pulled out a napkin from her clutch and wiped at his nose. He had blood on his face and she wiped gently, but scolded him with her words. "Was all that really necessary?" Her voice escalating as he flinched. His breathing was ragged as he seemed to look far off and concentrate. "Look you have blood on you."

"It's not mine and he was trying to kiss you without your permission." His anger rose at this. He seemed to be five feet taller than her at that moment as his strength was realized. "I saw you put your hands up to stop him and shake your head. He just kept trying and I wasn't going to let you get pushed around again."

At his words Taylor's mind flashed to that fateful night that they first met. Sure, he'd been an unhappy guy, and quite rude. Still, he had saved her and that's what stuck with her the most. Her eyes dropped as she thought of this and he noticed. He lifted her head up with his hand. "I wont let anyone hurt you." They kissed quietly and then called for a cab.

They sat in the cab silently holding each other's hand. Seth had told the driver where to go, leaving Taylor unknowing. His hand was a soothing touch to her uncalm mind.

Finally the cab pulled up to a set of upper town apartment buildings. Seth stepped out and helped Taylor as she took in all the sights. She watched carefully where she stepped as he led her inside and to the elevator. It was a silent ride up as they went to, what she supposed, was his apartment.

They stopped at the third floor and went down the hall to his room. He opened the door and put his finger to his lips then smiled. He turned the light on and the room lit up to reveal a beautiful apartment. The couch was large and the room was spacious. A flat screen sat mounted on the wall, while to the left of where they were standing was his dining room. Through the kitchen sat a little hallway where there was a door leading to the bathroom and another leading to his bedroom.

"What do you think?", he asked, slipping off his business jacket. A shirt and tie looked classy on him, but Taylor didn't mind him undressed either. She walked over and helped him take off his tie.

"I think it's a gorgeous apartment", she responded in complete awe. It was spacious yet comfy and absolutely gorgeous in it's decor. The walls were a light golden cream, while everything else in it was either brown or maroon.

Her answer made Seth smile as he pulled her in close and kissed her. It was a nice and gentle kiss. She was still stuck in amazement at how he had acted at the club. Her emotions somewhere between happiness and frustration, but all the same she knew that it was a good thing he had done.

They released each other from their kiss. When their breathing had returned to normal Taylor asked, "So what now?"

"Whatever you want."