Status: Not sure that I'll ever finish. I dislike a lot of what I did with my story and am tempted to scrap the whole thing.

Blood Desires

Cursed with Being a Damsel

Taylor awoke to find herself in his bed. She looked down to find herself in his white robe. She smiled and rolled over, curling up inside the comfort of his robe. She glanced at the alarm clock, unaware of what day it even was. The red numbers showed it was nearly eleven o'clock. Taylor sat up in bed as her mind went to her job. What day was it she came here?

She slipped out of bed and searched the room for her clothes. Her purse was at the end of the bed. She found her pajamas and stuffed them into her purse, trying to get everything together. She was sure she looked a mess and laughed to herself of how ridiculous she must seem.

She heard the apartment door open and she sprang from the floor immediately. She was afraid if she took too long she would never be able to leave. Somehow, he always convinced her to stay. She grabbed the last of her clothes as he walked into the room holding a shopping bag. He set it down on a vintage chair in the corner and walked over to her gently. "Leaving?", he seemed to purr.

"Yeah, I have things I need to do." A lump formed in Taylor's throat. She hated the thought of having to go, but if she wanted to be a writer she needed to keep up with things.

"I'll see you later then", he smiled. He kissed her softly and hugged her. Stunned she began to slip her clothes on hastily. She threw her hair up into a ponytail and they kissed again.

She was at the door in mere seconds, calling back over her shoulder, "I'll call you later."

When she arrived back at her house it was all she could do not to trip out of the cab. She fumbled with her keys, but eventually found the right one and went into the house. The smells of her cinnamon candles welcoming her in. Cinnamon was always her favorite. It was so warm and inviting and she quickly fell into her routine again.

Taylor turned on her iHome, letting it play her music throughout the house as she went to take a shower. She needed to wash up and clear her head before the day got away from her. The hot water felt good against her skin and her hair was thankful for a decent washing. Climbing out of the shower she checked the calendar. It was Saturday and she thanked herself for getting out of the apartment. She flipped the T.V. on to watch the news as she made coffee.

"Police are warning for people to be careful at night. The attacks have increased and they still have no leads on the killers." The report blared from the T.V. as Taylor rushed to turn it down. She flicked it onto mute and just shook her head. Was the news never good?

She grabbed her cup of coffee and settled in front of her T.V. to watch reruns of Gossip Girl. What more could a girl need besides her coffee and favorite show?

She sat like that until she couldn't sit anymore. Glancing at the clock she saw it was five o'clock. Almost dinner time, and being a Saturday, almost clubbing time. Taylor pondered her options. The alcohol sounded good though, and a part of her needed the rush. She pulled on a gray zip up dress with a little black bow at the top. The black ruffles hung just barely low enough to cover her. She found her lucky black pumps. They were plain, yet classy with a little black bow on top.

She was ready to go with her hair straightened down on her back. She was surprised that she had only taken an hour to get ready and hopeful that traffic wasn't as bad. She stepped outside to find that the air was chilly, but not so much that she couldn't stand it. She glanced up and down the sidewalk. It was just beginning to get dark and she decided not to waste the money. Taylor headed off toward the bar, enjoying a nice evening walk.

She held her clutch to her closely and held her head high, hoping to catch the eye of a boy. Even if she was dating Seth didn't mean she didn't appreciate the compliments of another guy. She was getting closer to downtown and knew it wasn't much longer.

The wind seemed to pick up and she shivered slightly. Suddenly, a piercing cold shot through her. She stopped on the sidewalk and glanced around her. She could feel something in her that said to be careful. Her steps were more careful as she got closer, but she could still feel that danger.

Her mind raced back to the night Seth had saved her. Another repeat was not something she wanted. She opened her clutch to make sure her phone was in her bag. She pulled it out and held it in her hand. She dialed his number and pressed talk. The phone rang a few times and went to his voicemail. That's when she was attacked.

Taylor hadn't realized how close she was to an alley until her attacker pulled her into one. She gripped her phone tightly, hoping it would be the way to save herself. She screamed and kicked at her assailant. She felt cold hands around her neck. The hands picked her up into the air. Her legs were flying wildly as she tried to hit him. "Quiet", a deep voice whispered to her. The grip on her neck tightened.

Breathing became harder but she didn't give up. She realized her phone was still at hand and she clicked the redial and called Seth again. She hoped silently that he would answer soon. She struggled against her attacker, trying to pull away but she felt movements getting harder to perform. Her world was beginning to fade and spots crossed her vision. Her lips parted again to scream for help, but no words came out.

The hands around her throat loosened and instead went to her waist. She could vaguely feel the brick wall as her attacker slammed her into it. She could see now that her attacker was a man. The man was lean and gorgeous looking though, and that scared her almost more. He had dark black hair that hung in his face. His dark brown eyes were piercing and his lips curled up into a smile. He held her there as she struggled, clinging to the little remains of her life.

His hands went to her thighs, pulling her dress up. He seemed filled with hunger and she knew that this was the end. She could feel it as every nerve in her body screamed danger. The guy held her up and shifted his hand to sit between her legs. He held her up by this one hand, almost as if she was sitting on it, but in such a non sexual way she was terrified. He held her there as his mouth went to her thighs. He was still standing fairly tall. She realized he had placed his hand in that way to hold her so he wouldn't have to crouch down. His lips touched her thigh and she felt his tongue move over her skin.

Her thoughts were coming back to her now. She was starting to be able to breath again and make out her surroundings. Her phone lay on the ground inches away. She felt a slight sensation as his teeth grazed her skin. She gasped at the feeling. Suprised at the rush it gave her. It wasn't a fearful rush, it was an excited one.

The man smiled and went back to her thigh. She felt his teeth once again and excitement seemed to push away her fear. She couldn't fight back anymore. She suddenly felt no fear, but a part deep inside of her said she should. Taylor relaxed slightly, not fighting. That's when the man bit into her.

At first she let out a piercing scream. The pain was so sharp she felt as if she had died. It was an intense hurt. Her body felt on fire as he seemed to drink from her. Slowly, the fire died, easing her pain. Soon, the excitement increased and took over, leaving her moaning and wanting him to continue until he couldn't anymore. He pulled away and so did the excitement. He moved his hand and let her slide to the ground. She was weak and couldn't hold herself up, and simply fell limp at his feet. He smiled, blood all over his mouth. He licked it away however and examined her like a specimen.

"You look like you could please a man." His voice caused her to recoil as the fear reentered her. He had an icy tone and a taunting face. He looked so gorgeously scary. The pain in her leg was a dull one as she looked at him. His gaze held her there, petrified. "Maybe I'll keep you." He leaned over to her, his breath blowing into her face. It was a cold breath, which only scared her more. She turned away, looking for a way to escape, but finding none.

He laughed, a blood curdling laugh and simply went back to her thigh again. He kissed her thigh and licked the wound. Sheer joy spread over his face and he leaned back in for another bite.

That was when a golden light seemed to shine in the alley. As far as Taylor was concerned, it was, even if the night was still as dark as ever. Seth was there before she could blink. His speed was incredibly fast and he wrestled with her attacker. Taylor lay in pain, watching the battle. It was hard to see, as the two were moving blindingly fast.

Their movements were so battle like. It seemed that they took stances. Seth kept trying to position himself between Taylor and the other man though. She forced her eyes to stay open and watch. They blinked closed briefly, but her ears still worked as she heard the grunts and yells at each other.

"She's not yours", Seth yelled as the attacker lunged.

"I didn't see any claim staked on her." The attacker's voice sounded feral and wild. His dark hair giving him an untrimed look.

"I wont let her become your Vita." Seth attacked as he said these words. He ripped at the man, attacking more fiercely than Taylor could believe. Soon the fight ended and the man tore off into the night. Though her eyes could barely stay open, she noticed how no blood was shed between them.

"Are you okay", Seth whispered. He handled Taylor gingerly, picking her up and looking at her legs. A small whine seemed to come from him. It was almost a whimper as he checked her bite. "I'm sorry", he sighed as he picked her up, "just trust me." She nodded as much as she could, unable to form a single thought. Before she knew it, her surroundings rushed by her and she saw that she was once again at his apartment. They went in without questioning from the lobby. The place was eerie quiet, but at the moment she didn't care. Only about feeling better and healing.

Once in his room he lay her down onto the bed and went to take off her clothes. Part of her wanted to make a joke and tell him that now was not the time for fun. She couldn't seem to get the words from her lips.

His face was serious as he took the bloody clothes from her and threw them into a heap in the corner. He looked with disgust at her bite as she lay in shock in nothing but her underwear. She finally saw how it looked. Two piercing holes in her pale skin. The blood was dried, but it looked almost like a snake bite.

"Don't cry", he whispered as he wiped away her tears. She hadn't even known she was crying. Her instincts had completely taken over. He kissed her softly. His eyes looked as if they would be eternally sad. "I'm sorry for letting this happen to you. I wasn't fast enough, and now I have to explain." His voice sounded shaky, but his body looked under complete control as he licked her wound. It began to heal and before her eyes the little holes were gone.

She noticed now that he was in barely anything, just a pair of jeans. His shirt had been ripped off in the alley, showing his bare skin. She hadn't noticed how pale he was before, but now all the pieces were laid out in front of her. Her mind raced through all the books she had read. No, she thought to herself. Her life was not about to turn into some teen novel. These things just weren't real.

Suddenly Seth nodded, as if he could hear her thoughts. Maybe she had spoken out loud. "No, the majority of us can read thoughts", he sighed. "I'm a vampire Taylor. I'm sorry."