Status: Not sure that I'll ever finish. I dislike a lot of what I did with my story and am tempted to scrap the whole thing.

Blood Desires

Questions

Taylor lay there in shock. She was no longer in pain, but her mind was still in terror mode. Had she really been with a vampire these last few weeks? Granted, he was a hot and wonderfully sweet vampire, but she'd let her guard down. What if he had killed her? But he hadn't.

"Where do you want me to start?", he asked slipping onto the bed, but staying at the end giving Taylor her space.

Taylor's head spun at all the questions she had. She wasn't sure where to start. "Could you please not read my mind", she pleaded. It was the only way to keep things private. He nodded and closed his eyes. She could see the strain on his face and when he opened his eyes, he looked lost. Almost as if he knew less now. "So, what's it like?"

Seth laughed a light laugh. "Kind of a vague question don't you think?"

Taylor blushed and looked down. She felt as if she needed to be covered, but at the same time she knew it was just Seth. Seth, her lover, the man that she had given herself to. Seth, the same man who had just told her he was a vampire. She suddenly wasn't sure how she felt. "Is it like the books describe it?"

Again he laughed, "Not completely." He gazed at Taylor in a caring way, concerned for her. "They have the basics covered, the whole being pale and cold thing obviously. Yes, we're dead and we need blood to survive. We don't sparkle in the sun, much to the dismay of many teen girls out there. However, we have super strength and speed." Taylor sat thinking, taking in all the things he had just told her. She suddenly wanted to be closer to him and she inched forward slightly.

He backed up farther though, causing a sadness to settle over her. "Why?", she mumbled. He sighed and went to her, wrapping her up in his arms.

"I didn't figure you would want to be close to me after everything that's just happened."

"I love you", she whispered. Disgust filled her at how she felt like that stupid girl from that ever popular vampire series. She didn't want that cliche book life.

"Forgive me, I couldn't help but read your mind", he chuckled, "and you're much better than any book character." They smiled at this and snuggled closer. "I love you too Taylor." She was beginning to notice more now of how he nuzzled her neck a lot.

"How can you stand to be this close to me?", she asked, hoping that it wouldn't be another story book answer.

"Because, we're not all quite as driven by the blood lust as others are. Plus, I feed a lot before I see you." The thought of Seth feeding was a sight that she shivered at. He was too sexy in her mind to feed on someone else. A little tinge of jealousy even went through her.

She snapped back from that feeling, disgusted with herself. The pure bliss from earliers bite caused it. "Who do you feed from?"

"Well that's where it gets complicated." His face turned away from her's as he thought of how to answer. "We have feeders set up around town, but they close at certain times of the day so the feeders don't get over used. Besides that I just feed off willing addicts that roam the streets, waiting to be attacked by one of us."

The prospect seemed sad to Taylor. What a depressing life they must lead. The addiction seemed like a real one however, and she tried not to think of it too much. The pain was there, just as to be expected though and she tried to make that the main focus of her memory.

"Anything else", Seth whispered in her ear. He was leaning over her now, causing Taylor's breathing to pick up it's pace.

"Yes actually", she mumbled as she sat up a little. He smiled and let her, backing up a little. "How do you turn into one?"

At this he frowned, "I'm not recommending it." His face told her not to question any further but she pushed the subject.

"How?" With this she leaned forward towards his face. Her breath was coming out heavy and she could see him begin to change his mind as he leaned closer. She lured him forward as she swiftly leaned back until he was over her again.

"It's painful", he murmered. His lips just below her ear. "You have to be completely drained of blood and have a vampire willingly give you a drop of his own."

"Wait", she paused. Almost too abruptly. He jerked up but she wrapped her legs around him, pulling him back into her. "Vampires have blood?"

At this he laughed and snuggled closer. "Yes, we just have a darker red blood than humans, and tougher skin so you'll rarely see it. Wooden stakes aren't myths. Wood will pierce us, but so will a vampire's teeth or nails. We can hurt each other." He was on top of her now, and though she probably should've been scared she wasn't. Taylor was nothing short of curious and hungry for him.

They began to kiss and his hands went to her hips. Laying there together was almost too much for them. They could never seem to go long without taking their clothes off. The convenience this time was that her's were already gone. Seth slowly pulled his jeans down, and moved closer to her. Things were just getting heated when his phone rang. He growled at it in a fierce way, obviously not afraid of showing his more natural side to her now that she knew.

He jumped up from the bed in one swift movement and was across the room before she could take a breath. He answered it and his face grew sad. "Sure, I'll be right there." He set the phone back down quickly and was back on top of her. "Where were we?", he breathed.

"It sounded like you were about to leave", she grinned as he shook his head at this thought.

"And leave you, a damsel here without me to attend to you." His british accent came out clearly as he nearly purred the last words. "Besides, you know now that I am extremely fast."

Taylor blushed at this and he took it as a yes. The two made love ferociously, causing the bed to shake at his pure power. Taylor wasn't scared, he never gripped her as hard as the bed. When they had stopped she decided she didn't want him to leave and continued to make attempts at luring him back. He pinned her arms abover her head. "I need to go now, really." He laughed as she struggled. He kissed her forehead and was off before she could protest.

The last she saw of Seth, was him in his suit heading out the apartment door. She sighed as she rolled over in ecstasy. So much was happening so quickly she didn't want the feeling to go away.

Instead she got up and decided to fend for herself and make a sandwich. She ate it slowly, the whole time trying to understand everything that had happened. He was a vampire. As cliche as that sounded to her, it was true and she needed to accept that, or did she? What happened if she didn't acccept his vampire life? She certainly didn't want to be one. It seemed too complex and scary. Why would anyone want to be a blood sucking monster?

That's when she realized what she had just said to herself. A blood sucking monster? Was she wrong to be in love with one if that's how she felt about him? Her mind swirled with all the possibilities and her emotions were running wild.

She found it hard to breathe after a while and instead focused on the day ahead. She needed to go home and clean up again. It was funny how she never did get to the club. Her face frowned at that and she stomped off to the bedroom to gather her things up. She stopped after she picked up a pair of his boxers. Instead of her mind, her heart took over and she went to the bathroom. She undressed, carefully laying her clothes out on the shelf. She hated the thought of messing up the clean bathroom. The jacuzzi tub looked so inviting and before she knew it she was taking a hot bath.

Taylor relaxed into the water. The bubbles that formed along the surface, popped against her. She closed her eyes and a calm took over. She was happy to be in this state of mind. Suddenly her mind jolted and shifted her to what felt like a different world. She could sense things around her and it felt as if she was awake. A part of her told her she wasn't and she accepted this and checked her surroundings.

She was in a board room sitting at the head of the table. Someone who worked for her was up and presenting a set of graphs. She couldn't make out all the words that he was saying, but they weren't important. More like background noise. That's when she began to get pleased with how things were going. She felt that she needed to listen and tuned in just in time to hear the presenter say that the deal would go through and Scottsdale Beer would be supported by Deer Beer and the two would talk of a merger.

These were the last things she remembered as she bolted awake, unsure of what her dream meant, but knowing she didn't want to fall asleep in the bath tub. Drowning was the last thing she needed to worry about after everything that had happened.

She stepped out of the jacuzzi tub and began to sing to herself. Words from Beautiful Girl sprang to her lips and she danced as she sang, "I'll never forget those eyes, that beautiful smile." It was an awe inspiring song and she felt that the moment called for it. She needed something awe inspiring and beautiful to happen in her life to take away all the hurt that had been happening.

She slipped into her clothes again and brushed her hair out. She decided it wouldn't hurt to slip back home, and stay home this time. She left him a note saying where she had gone and that she just wanted to clean up.

"Love you", she whispered as she signed the paper and left it on the bed that she had now spent so many hours in. It felt almost like her own at this point, but she knew better than to let herself get so caught up. She instead walked out the door without looking back, afriad that if she did she would be stuck there again for another day.

Arriving home she checked her email to see that her boss wanted her to take up a new article subject and write about a company of her choosing. She nearly fell over laughing at the easiness of this new assignment. She knew an owner of one, and of course Amy was great with research...

"Amy!", she exclaimed to herself. She hadn't talked to her friend in days. She sprang to her phone and called. It rang and rang but in the end went to her voicemail. "Amy, I'm sorry I haven't talked to you in a while. I've just been a little caught up with Seth. Call me back, love you." With that she sighed & hung up.

She plopped down onto her couch and settled in for the night. The doors were locked tight and all the windows were closed. She felt safe finally, but yet so alone. She hadn't realized just how attached to him she'd gotten until he left and she had to leave his apartment. With all these new revelations she wanted to be careful and make sure that he was what she wanted. She didn't want to rush into things.

Eventually Taylor fell asleep, this time dreaming regular dreams of her and Seth on a beach enjoying the sun. The sand warm on their toes and the sand castles they made surrounding the towel they laid on together. Her dream had an interesting turn as the two left the beach, Taylor with a sunburnt back and Seth just as pale as before. She laughed as she touched her red body leaving prints of her hand for mere seconds. That's when Seth flashed a smile and his fangs gleamed in the sun, but she wasn't afraid. She had finally accepted it. Even better, embraced it. That was until she thought of how she could become one. Suddenly she was scared and felt the need to leave, but he wouldn't let her. What now?