Status: Not sure that I'll ever finish. I dislike a lot of what I did with my story and am tempted to scrap the whole thing.

Blood Desires

The Park and Daniel

She awoke with a start. She felt colder than normal and stretched like a cat. She'd fallen asleep on the couch, surprisingly with the television off. Her first instinct was to get up and fix coffee, but part of her knew that after everything that had happened, routine would only make her go crazy. She couldn't play that act with herself or she would begin to feel like it hadn't happened. No point in lying to herself.

Instead she went to her cell phone, checking it for missed calls only to find none. Sighing she grabbed a cupcake from her stash that she kept in the fridge. Cupcakes were something that gave her happiness and caused her to relax and enjoy the icing.

Taylor got dressed in a comfort outfit today. Jeans and a zebra printed shirt were casual enough for what she planned to do today; go to the park.

It was the perfect place to write and to think about her recent turn of events. New York was bustling with the modern world, but the trees of the park reminded her of history and how the world was always changing and growing. Life was so simple, yet we made it so complex.

The day was fairly bright for it to be fall and the walk was nice. She enjoyed the time to herself and tried to keep from skipping the whole way there. Her notebook was in her hand with the pencil stuck in the spirals. Page ends were sticking out from the book; multiple notes she'd just jotted down and stuck in.

She flopped down on a bench in the center of the park near a tree, then decided it was better to sit directly under the tree. She suddenly needed to be close to nature, as if it would make everything seem more natural. Taylor wasn't sure where her new happiness had come from, but she figured it best to enjoy it while it was there.

The tree gave her shade from the sun. The leaves rustled in the slight breeze and gave her peace. She began to write. First she was writing on her story of a mythical place that she had conjured up in her head. Soon her notes drifted and became her thoughts. Before long the paper had turned into a journal entry expressing all of her emotions.

She stopped after the third page and read over what she'd written. She was amazed at all that she'd put down. Her feelings seemed confused and it was as if she had written in a circle. Sighing she put down her pencil and notebook and instead popped in her earbuds. Funny Little Feeling by Rock 'N' Roll Soldiers came on. She lay back and resisted the urge to dance. Instead, Taylor tapped her feet to the rhythm.

"What are you listening to?" Taylor looked up to see a cute black haired boy looking down at her. He had what appeared to be hazel eyes. The color somewhere between gold and brown. His clothes were simple enough. Dark wash jeans that fit his hips nicely and a button down green shirt that looked gorgeous on him with his hair.

She held up her iPod for him to see it and he nodded his head in approval. "Good song."

"Thanks", Taylor responded as she squirmed a little, pretending to be interested in her notebook. Part of her hoping that he would just walk away, but the other screaming at her to flirt with him.

"Hi, I'm Daniel", he smiled reaching his hand out to shake hers.

"Taylor", she stated, shaking his hand. An electric current seemed to run between them and they held hands longer than they should have. When they finally let go tension seemed to be hanging in the air, but if Daniel felt it he sure didn't show it.

"So, came out to the park for inspiration?", he questioned, gesturing towards her notebook. Taylor nodded but acted focused on her music. She knew it was wrong to flirt with him, and because she was in love with Seth she didn't really feel the need to. Something about Daniel made her want to keep talking though.

"Yeah, I write for the local magazine company, Infatuation." She felt warm to be able to rub in that she worked for this great company, as if she was a big important person.

"Wow, that's pretty great." Daniel smiled a dazzling smile, causing Taylor to grin back. She couldn't help it and instantly felt guilty once she had. "Well, I have to get going. Maybe I'll see you around sometime."

"Yeah, maybe", Taylor replied back. She turned back toward her notebook when suddenly she felt him take her hand. He lifted it to his lips and kissed her.

"Au revoir Mademoiselle." With that he left Taylor sitting there stunned. She sat like that for almost twenty minutes before she decided it was time to get home. Taylor grabbed up her notebook and walked off towards her house. That's when the wind began to pick up.

A strong gust came in, whipping her hair around her face. Before she knew it all her papers were scattered across the park. She frantically stooped to pick them up and seemed to get all of them except one stray that she decided wasn't worth her time. She kept walking, now faster before the storm hit. She could smell the rain in the air and knew it would be any moment now. She had just reached the door when a rain drop hit her square in the head. Taylor was in her house just in time for the downpour.

She sighed relief and set her things down on her table. Slipping off her shoes, Taylor plopped down onto the couch to enjoy the sounds of the rain and slip into a good book. She had just flipped it open to her bookmark when a knock came at her door. Setting the book down on the coffee table she rushed to her door only to find Seth standing in the rain.

"May I come in?", he asked as he covered his head with a newspaper. He looked even sexier with his hair damp and in his face. He could've pulled off being a model.

"Of course", Taylor laughed, rushing him in out of the cold. "Is that a vampire thing, having to be invited inside?"

He laughed loudly at her joke and shook his head as he placed the newspaper in her trash can. He slipped off his suit jacket and hung it on the back of a chair. "Just a gentleman thing." Seth walked over gracefully and planted a kiss on her lips. It had felt like she'd gone days without him.

"I missed you", she whispered when he pulled away.

"As I did you." He smiled and pulled her into a hug. "Sorry, work is always piling up."

"I know, that's fine." Taylor wished he didn't have to work, but for goodness sake the man was a millionaire and the owner of such a big company she couldn't blame him.

"So what would you like to do for the rest of your evening?" Seth asked her gently pulling her closer with every word.

"As if you don't already know", Taylor replied smoothly as she tapped her head.

Seth laughed again, "I'm trying not to use that against you. I think it's a better relationship if you just tell me." He winked at her.

"Well, I...", she paused as she saw his expression change. "Are you okay?"

Concern seeped through her. He looked so puzzled and confused. "Did you really have a dream earlier about my meeting?"

Taylor froze. What did that have to do with anything? "Yeah, why?"

Seth frowned, "Well, because that's what really happened. It seems that Taylor has a gift for seeing the future."

"What?", she cried, in disbelief at this. Her whole world was just turning upside down. "Just wait one minute, you're trying to tell me I'm psychic?"

"I wouldn't go that far", he sneered trying to make a joke out of it. "You seem to have some kind of power. I'm not really sure why it chose to pop up all of a sudden though. Most people experience it from birth." He paused suddenly and she could practically see the wheels turning in his head. "Well, except you've been spending a lot of time with me, and being all supernatural and all that might've triggered it."

Taylor stood in shock. Suddenly, she wasn't sure she wanted to do much of anything. She almost wanted to curl up in a little ball and deny that any of this was real. "How do you know you're right?" she questioned.

He rolled his eyes and tapped his head, "Because I can see that isn't the only dream you've had that came true. Though the first one you had was a little construed, you saw me fighting for you. That did happen."

Taylor just shook her head in denial but her heart knew it was true. Part of her seemed to know all along she had the ability hidden inside of her. Was that why she was with Seth now? No, she couldn't let her suspiciousness get to her. She had to look at this logically for now.

"Do you still want to do something. Maybe to take your mind from it?", Seth smiled as he stroked her hair.

"Yes, actually", Taylor replied. She hugged him tightly then kissed him. "Wow, all you ever want is to get into my pants."

"Not true", Seth laughed as he picked Taylor up. She wrapped her legs around him as he carried her off to her bedroom. "I want to get you out of them."