Status: Not sure that I'll ever finish. I dislike a lot of what I did with my story and am tempted to scrap the whole thing.

Blood Desires

New Things

He had left her a love note to find when she woke up. It read:

I'll be missing you all day. Please take care of yourself, Love Seth

She placed the note in her notebook and went to finish off the coffee she had fixed earlier in the day. Taylor was still a little worn from losing so much blood, but she quickly gained energy from a couple cups of coffee.

Sitting at her computer she began to type on her article. It was one of the more boring ones she had written. The article was about prices rising due to the bad economy. When she had finished a few paragraphs she gave up. Part of her just couldn't seem to stay focused on it. She was too fidgety. She needed something to do today. Shopping sounded nice, but what did she really need?

If she bought any more clothes they would just have to go into a box because there wasn't any room in her closet for them. Going to the library sounded relaxing, but she wanted a better feel. The local bookstore was really nice and new books were her favorite. She could buy those and never have enough.

Deciding on the bookstore she jumped into a comfortable sweats outfit. She grabbed her coat and ran out the door, in tennis shoes for once. The weather was chilly but soon she hoped things would brighten up and spring would cause flowers to grow. She couldn't wait to fill the flower box underneath her window. She wasn't going to grow them herself though. Taylor wasn't the best at growing the flowers, but if she simply repotted some, she could get them to sustain life.

Stopping in front of Barnes and Noble she realized she hadn't even checked to see how much money she had. Sighing she pulled out her wallet and checked to make sure she had her credit card at the ready. Her fingers were itching to find a book to read. Something to add a little happiness and pleasure in her life.

Entering the little book store was amazing. The smells of the coffee shop inside was alluring her. She went past them for the moment, deciding to come back later after the temptation of reading was gone. Instead Taylor went to her favorite section, Fiction. Her hands fell along the spines of the books. She enjoyed every touch of the raised words and shiny print. Her eyes gleamed at the thought of reading them. She wished she could read them all, know every story held inside those bindings.

Her eyes closed for a minute as she stood, taking it all in. She reached randomly for a book, touching the spines as if reading braille. Suddenly, it was if her body had gotten a jolt. A whole story began to fold out before her. It was the story of a girl who had been abused as a child and was dealing with her terrible childhood. The girl dealt every day with the nightmares she had been put through.

Gasping Taylor moved her hand from the shelf. Her eyes popped open and she looked around her. Seeing the book she had just touched she grabbed it up from it's place on the shelf and flipped it open to the summary. The proof was there before her as she read it and saw that the story was true.

Trying again she moved her fingertips over the books. Randomly she stopped at one and concentrated on seeing it's story. Smiling as the story of a famous wizard came to her mind. She opened her eyes to find Harry Potter beneath her hand. So she had found a new ability; she could read objects. Of course, she couldn't be sure how far this extended or what this meant, but it was good enough to know what she could do so far.

Deciding to use this to her advantage Taylor went through the shelves scanning stories until she stumbled upon something interesting to read. The book she picked from the shelf was about a girl who tried to take her own life because she was sick of it. Instead, she survived only to have the doctor tell her she only had a week to live anyways. The girl then chooses to live the small time of her life left in the best way she can. Taylor stopped herself before she read the end. She wanted to physically read it herself, for the enjoyment. Tucking the book under her arm she walked off, happy and excited.

Stepping out of the bookstore she realized that was all she'd planned to do for the day. What now? A surprising thought came to her mind as she saw there was a lot of time before the day even began to end. What if she simply went to Seth's apartment on her own? A girl could do that couldn't she? Only one way to find out.

The walk wasn't far from the little bookstore. Bag in hand she strode towards the building, trying to keep her confidence. It was a bit windy. The weather was supposed to be blustery and rainy for the next few days.

Taylor stopped in front of the building to gain her courage. Closing her eyes she sighed, ready to take the big leap. However, when she opened them she was met with a surprise. Daniel stood a few feet in front of her, waving as he walked her way.

"Hey, you're Taylor right?", he asked stopping before her.

Taylor's hair whipped around her. She pushed it back behind her ears and nodded, not sure what more to say.

"Surprised to see you here", he smiled. His face was bright and round. He had a pale complexion, or it may have just seemed that way because his hair was such a dark black.

"Yeah, just stopping by to visit a friend." She tried to hide the words that wanted to escape her lips. Her mind screamed boyfriend, but part of her wouldn't let her say that.

"Oh, that makes sense. I knew I'd never seen you around here before. I live in this building." Daniel hooked his thumb upward.

Shock coursed through Taylor at his words. Did Taylor just happen to always run into rich guys or what? Coincidences were beginning to worry her.

Taylor was pulled back from her thoughts as Daniel waved in front of her face. "Are you okay?", he questioned.

"Yeah, I'm fine, just a little off today." She smiled trying to pull off the act but he didn't look completely convinced.

"Well, it was nice seeing you again. Maybe next time I see you we'll actually be able to talk or hang out." He kissed her hand the same as he did last time then turned to walk off, only this time he stopped. His face frowned a bit at something, but he brightened in almost another instant. Daniel walked away leaving Taylor stunned. Why hadn't she told him yet that she was with someone? Her conscience needed to quit playing games with her heart.

Shaking off her anger at her stupidity Taylor opened the doors and walked inside. The doorman greeted and welomed her in. It was clear she'd been here way too often. She knew where she was going and was up to room 111 easily. At first she knocked lightly, relying on his super hearing to realize she was there. After standing outside the door for several minutes she gave up and tried calling him. No answer. Sighing she pulled out her spare key and opened the door. He had given it to her after the incident feeling it would be just as good for her to have one.

The apartment was clean as always. Not needing to eat kept it from getting dirty. Another thought came to mind, did he need to take showers regularly? She passed the thought through her head before it could dwindle. Taylor plopped herself down ontotheir his bed and went to reading her book. A good two hours passed before she heard the apartment door open.

She listened to his footsteps, preparing herself for him to walk in. He walked so lightly she could barely hear him. Soon, she heard him coming and saw him as he walked in. He was in the middle of pulling his shirt off and hadn't even noticed Taylor yet when she pounced. Her arms were around his waist within seconds. His height difference wasn't too much, but it was enough that her head was just below his chin.

He chuckled at her as he finished pulling off his shirt. "And what are you doing here?", he asked somewhere between surprised and happy.

"Thought I'd surprise you and come on my own." Taylor wrapped her arms around his neck and gazed up at him. His blue eyes never seemed to stop amazing her.

"Well, I like surprises." Seth swept her up into his arms and carried her to the bed. "I was meaning to ask you something anyways." He lay her down and began to shower her in kisses.

"What is it?", she asked, curling up against his body. He may not have been warm, but he was so comforting.

"Well, I know our relationship is still young, but I thought you might like to move in with me." He smiled as he spoke into her hair. His breath delighting her nose as he talked.

Taylor sat stock still. She wanted to make the right choice. Besides, what would happen to her apartment. "I think I will", she responded in an almost anxious tone.

Excited Seth scooped her back up and into his lap showering her with even more kisses and signs of affection. Suddenly, he stopped and looked her over. "Have you met a new friend?" he asked.

His tension with her worried her. Why was everyone doing that to her? "Yeah some guy named Daniel, why?"

Seth's face went stiff. "Just be careful with him okay?", he begged with her. Before Taylor could ask why he kissed her lips hard making her problems melt away. She'd forgotten everything about Daniel, her world was enveloped completely by Seth at the moment.

The two got lost in each other and before long the day had turned to night. This time as they finished things up Taylor realized she didn't have to get up and make her journey home. She would share this bed with him tonight, and every night from now on for as long as they were together. A grin spread across her face at the thought and she snuggled up to Seth. She had never worn so little clothing to bed before, but then she'd never stayed over night at a guy's house on purpose before either.

"Good night angel", he whispered in her ear. Taylor closed her eyes willing herself to sleep, but she couldn't. Her mind buzzed with thoughts. Seth began to hum into her ears, and the melody of Beautiful Girl sent her to sleep.