Status: Not sure that I'll ever finish. I dislike a lot of what I did with my story and am tempted to scrap the whole thing.

Blood Desires

Leander

When she woke up Taylor went to the kitchen for some apple juice. After sitting down and looking about her she realized where she was and almost jumped out of her chair. She'd spent the whole night at Seth's apartment.

He came walking out of the bathroom, a towel wrapped around his waist. His hair was damp on his head, making him look like he could be a model. "Good morning." His british accent rich with sweetness.

"Morning sleepy head", Taylor replied before taking a sip of her juice.

Seth laughed at her words. "I don't sleep." What he said made sense to Taylor. He was dead, why would he need to sleep.

"But you take showers?", she asked pointing at his towel.

"Well, not as often as you. I don't sweat or have any bodily fluids except in my mouth so I don't have to. I do get dirty though." Taylor laughed to herself at his words. Her mind was playing dirty teenage games, but she kept all thoughts to herself.

"I need to go get some clothes and things from my apartment, then I should be back in for the day okay?", she asked as she started to get dressed.

He nodded, hardly listening. His eyes were roaming the room in search of something. "Yeah, I've got a feeder appointment to go to soon." His face was emotionless as he continued to search for that random thing.

"Okay", Taylor sighed as she pulled on her shoes. "I'll see you later then." She kissed his cheek lightly. When she did he broke from his trance and kissed her back intensely. He wrapped his arms around her and made the kiss last as long as he could before she pulled away.

"Be careful."

His words stuck with her the whole time that she packed up her things. For someone to care that much was a blessing to her. Taylor felt loved and soon was ready to dance around her room. That's when a cold feeling hit her.

She felt it rush over her like a wave. All the brightness in the room seemed to be washed out by this feeling. Her heart began to beat faster, but she didn't see any danger and just kept packing, only slower. Taylor got her things together quickly, ready to get back to Seth.

She had almost reached the door when she was stopped by some invisible force. She couldn't reach the doorknob at all. That's when her mind flew into darkness and she was quickly looking in Seth's thoughts.

She could see it, but she knew this was no future. Instead of a vision she was getting what was happening now. Seth was fighting another vampire. The two had gotten into an argument in the alley and Seth was being brutally attacked. He had a scratch across his left cheek that oozed dark red blood. The other vampire looked worse though, his face with a large scratch all the way across. His arm with a deep cut in it.

Seth lunged at the other vampire, tearing at his arm again, pulling pieces from him. The other vampire howled out in pain. He growled at Seth, but Seth ignored this and went to scoping out his mind. Taylor was amazed at this feeling. She was in Seth's head and saw and felt everything he did. Anger, pain and fear, but the fear wasn't for him it was for her. He ran across a thought the other vampire had and immediately restrained him, spitting words his way.

"Where is he now?" Seth asked, anger in his voice.

The other vampire never even flinched. He smirked as he said, "He's already almost to her."

Seth's anger had reached it's peak and he tore open the throat of this vampire. Blood oozed from the deep cut, pain in his eyes. "What do you want with her?"

"She's a special prize in our world. Hidden abilities and all, they want to make her into one. She already knows about us, why not? First they have to figure out if she might be something else like a witch first. We don't want any accidents of the law." The vampire was now cowering under Seth, his eyes darting from place to place for an escape. There wasn't one, not that Seth would let him at. With a slash of his hand, Seth decapitated the vampire. The body crumpled to the floor where Seth picked it up, throwing it in a near by can, where he lit a match, throwing it in and disposing of the body. When this was done his mind went to what he had seen. In an instant he was gone from the alley, on his way to her.


Taylor was jolted back to her mind in complete shock and fear. She locked the door, but knew it was a silly thing. A vampire could easily get in regardless. Seth had said vampires could get hurt by wood, so she went straight to finding anything. Of course she wasn't just going to find a wooden stake in her house, but a wooden object might help. Suddenly she found a pencil, and as small as it was thought it might help. That's when a knock came at the door.

She went towards it then stopped. Maybe it was better to act like she wasn't home. Taylor began to head back, towards her room where her phone was so she could call Seth and see if he was near her. That's when the voice came through the door, "I know you're in there. I can sense you."

Taylor shivered unable to move. Her whole body screamed run away, but where to? There was nowhere to go but outside, and if she did he would only reach her faster. Suddenly he was banging at the door, yelling for Taylor to let him in. She ran to her bedroom, closing and locking the door behind her. She went inside her closet closing it behind her. She hadn't known what else to do except put more between them.

She heard her front door crash open and the fear welled up inside her. She told herself not to cry, that it would only give her away.

"I'll find you little psychic." The voice spoke deeply and eerily. The cold tone was so emotionless it scared her to pieces. Even worse, how did he know she was psychic? She barely even knew herself.

Her bedroom door crashed open and Taylor began to feel that it was over. Her whole life gone. Was she destined to die? She wanted to live, why did she keep getting in situations like this? If she was truly psychic why couldn't she see her own death coming?

The vampire flung the door open, his arm reaching out and grabbing Taylor up. He drug her by her wrists out of the room and into the living room. Taylor screamed but it didn't do her any good. Without a word the vampire tied her ankles together so she couldn't get up from the floor. He left her hands free so she could prop herself up.

"Quiet while I make a call", he ordered pulling out a phone and dialing a number in lightning speed. He talked quietly and quickly to the person so she couldn't hear. He nodded and stared at her like he was making sure he had gotten the right girl. He closed the phone and placed it back in his pocket. "Boss says your the one. Do you know what you're going in for?" He sneered at the question.

Taylor didn't know what to say so she simply shook her head, hoping Seth would hurry. She was glad to know he was on his way and there was hope.

"Well, little miss psychic, the boss wants to examine you. You're a new psychic which is a rare thing. Those don't happen much, and when they do he wants to know them and be in control. Most pyschics are born in our world and know about magical creatures from the start. You however, just became one of us. How odd." The vampire cocked his head to the side, not sure what she was either. Suddenly he smiled, a cruel smile. "I can tell you have a fire in you, so as a precaution I'm going to calm you." He leaned over towards her neck and wasted no time in biting her neck.

The world began to slip away from her as the pain swallowed her. The excitement eventually came, causing her not to even care. Taylor lay down on the floor as he drank from her. His hands roamed her body and she should've been afraid and disgusted, but couldn't focus. He pulled away from her and left her lying there in a dizzy state.

Her senses were suddenly splashed with relief from this feeling as Seth walked in the room. She could feel him near her. She was able to sit up and focus completely on him. It was as if she'd never gotten bit. He went to her and untied her feet quickly before attacking the other vampire. He wasted no time in pinning him down and questioning him.

Seth had him down almost effortlessly. The vampire underneath strained against him, but it was no good. "Why does he want her?", Seth snarled.

"To examine her of course." The vampire wiggled underneath Seth but gave up and simply turned to him. Taylor could tell that Seth had given up on getting answers the normal way and was now delving into his mind. He found everything he wanted and stood up letting the vampire up.

"Tell him that we'll do our own exploring of the topic and he needn't do it." A threat was hidden in the words but the vampire simply shrugged.

"Leander will not be happy. You'll hear from him I'm sure." The other vampire stalked off unhappily. He was out the door as quickly as he came and Taylor was still sitting on the floor in desperate need to understand.

Seth bent down to Taylor and picked her up carefully. He licked her neck until the wound healed. She'd barely remembered it was there. "Are you okay?" he asked her gingerly.

Taylor nodded slightly in deep thought. "I'm confused."

Seth just nodded and took her to the couch. He lay her down and checked the door. The doorknob had been broken out of the wood. He popped it back into place and closed the door. It would still need to be fixed, but it would do for now. "I probably should've explained from the start." He sighed and sat on the couch next to her, pulling her into his lap.

"I want to know who this Leander is and why he wants me." She shivered at the thought and snuggled into Seth closer. His body made her feel secure and happy.

Seth sighed again and looked down at her. He snuggled her closer. Taylor smiled in delight at his smell and at his eyes. Everything about him made her happy. Her heart pounded in her chest as he kissed her, but her brain told her to focus on business. "Leander is one of the more powerful vampires in our world. He's high up with our government and does almost anything he wants. He likes to research new and interesting things, but he does it harshly."

Seth's words only made Taylor want to question more, but she was getting some answers. So Leander was simply a mob boss?

Seth laughed, "I can still read your mind you know? Yeah, he's like that." Taylor laughed too and quietly remembered to block her thoughts from him like she had done once before.

"So there are more...", she paused, "Magical creatures?"

"Yes, actually. Werewolves, witches, fairies and many more than I have time to explain. Leander wants to figure your abilities out as much as you do, more for his gain though. He thinks you might be a special case. Psychics and witches are much more few and far between than they used to be." Seth pulled Taylor closer to him. "I wont let anything happen to you." He nuzzled her ear softly.

Taylor kissed his cheek. "I know that, that's why I wasn't scared. I knew you were on your way. I saw you coming." She tapped her head lightly causing Seth to smile.

"You amaze me more every time I see you." He kissed her heavily, their mouths moving in unison with one another. "So did you get to pack?" His question sparked more thoughts in Taylor's head.

Moving in with him was such a big leap, but she started to think maybe it would help make her safer. "Yeah, I did actually." She pointed across the room at her boxes. She'd set them near the door when she'd been ready to leave and had forgotten about them until now.

"I'll carry them on our way to the apartment." He pulled her up from the couch and the two headed out the door. Taylor's shock didn't hit her until she stepped outside. Everything was moving so fast. She assumed that for a vampire this was a normal thing. The lightning speed that he moved at was incredible and mind boggling, but she couldn't keep up that pace. She sat down right where she stood.

Seth set the boxes down and came over to her and comforted her as she cried. Taylor cried for everything that was changing, all the pain she had went through and the fear that had finally hit her. She had been so afraid. She was waiting for the moment when vampires being real would settle in, but she didn't believe it ever would. They weren't supposed to be real. Neither were witches, vampires or psychics. She'd become one of the things that people denied as real, but she knew that she was. She knew she existed even if no one else did.

"I'm sorry", Seth whispered to her as her sobs quieted down until they were gone. "I never meant to put you in this world."

Taylor shook her head as the thoughts disappeared. "It's okay, apparently I belong." She smiled a genuine smile. She was glad to be able to belong in his world. She loved him a lot. She had finally gotten to have her movie world, her happy life with her perfect boyfriend who she had fallen madly in love with.

"I love you too." With that the two kissed and were off on their way to their apartment, a new mind set about their situation.