Status: Not sure that I'll ever finish. I dislike a lot of what I did with my story and am tempted to scrap the whole thing.

Blood Desires

Merry Happy

Stumbling out of his apartment in the morning was not something Taylor had expected and as she thought about it, wanted. She had checked twice to make sure she had all of her clothing and knew she did. Her money and phone were in her clutch, safely untouched.

Her thoughts wandered to the night before and her mind raced through it all. Meeting him, dancing with him, getting completely drunk then coming to his apartment to have wonderful, hot, steamy sex summed it all up. "God it was good though", Taylor whispered as she trudged down the stairs and out the door. She had pulled her hair back into a ponytail to keep it from looking quite so bad. She turned to check the apartment number and remembered that she had luckily stored his number in her phone this morning.

The taxi pulled up and she was grateful to relax against the seat the whole ride home. Her hangover was going to be killer today while she tried to write an article for the magazine. She grinned to herself as an idea came to mind though, inspired by her night, she had lost her writer's block momentarily.

"What was I thinking though?" she thought to herself. The stress was seeming to pile up even more. She just needed to bring her "A" game and keep fresh stories coming. The boy would just have to wait for her.

Arriving back at her house she quickly went to the shower, letting the warm heat soothe her body and mind. Climbing out she felt clean and fresh and went to getting ready for the long day ahead. New York City wouldn't wait around on her to get ready. Then that was when her phone rang. Her catchy ringtone sang to her from across the room in her clutch that she had left lying on the coffee table. She picked up her phone right in the middle of Kate Nash's Merry Happy.

"Hello?"

"Hey, it's just me checking to make sure you got home alright." Amy's voice came through the phone sounding concerned.

"Of course, thanks though", Taylor replied. She had such good friends.

"Well that's good. Well I'm sure you have a busy day ahead of you Miss Author, so I'll let you get to writing. Make me proud!", Amy exclaimed, "Love you and talk to you later."

"Bye", and with that they hung up. Amy was a writer too, though more strictly a book writer than any. Mason was a sports announcer for ESPN and the two were fairly wealthy.

Taylor was wealthy as well for a single woman in her twenties. She was strictly making money from her writing. She was proud of how far she had gotten in her career, but knew that once she finished her book she would finally be where she wanted to be.

Grabbing up her bag she slipped on some comfortable Uggs to go with her leggings and sweater dress. Out the door she went on the way to the office.

Her office wasn't as lush as could be hoped for, but it was still a nice cubicle. Her computer lay there with papers spread around it. Her laptop was tucked away in her bag for those days when she couldn't take a break from writing because she was on a roll with something. She loved those days where she chewed her food the whole time as she was typing. It made her feel like such a professional, not even taking time to eat because she was so enveloped in her work.

Today was not one of those days however, because she was much more relaxed about her article. The magazine she was writing for wasn't going to be published for another week so she had plenty of time to write and edit her article. Her inspiration was pushing against her brain and she had to sit down and start typing now. She settled in with her cup of coffee and began to type.

Her mind was racing with how to start. Titles flew through her mind until she settled upon the perfect one, "Stand Night One". She laughed to herself as she pictured a drunken girl reading it and saying it as it really should be. She paused, but left the title at that and started to write her article about one night stands and what society has to say about them. She hoped this article would catch their reader's interest, but she would have to wait and see wouldn't she.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the slow paced start. The first few chapters are more background. Without that there is no basis. Chapters 4, 5 & 7 are pretty good in my opinion, but things really pick up in interest at Chapter 9. I understand skipping ahead :) But still, thanks for reading.