Status: Not sure that I'll ever finish. I dislike a lot of what I did with my story and am tempted to scrap the whole thing.

Blood Desires

Fellow?

It had been a week since the incident. They had moved on and started to live their lives again. Taylor had written her article for Infatuation and Seth had went about doing business as always.

Taylor had many visions throughout the week. Just petty things like Amy's call. Her friend had finally called back and told her a million times how sorry she was. Amy was excited to hear about how everything was going with Seth and hoped it only improved for Taylor.

This new vision was interesting though. Taylor felt deep inside her that it wasn't as immediate as her others. It was going to happen fairly soon, but not today or tomorrow. She relaxed and let the vision pull her in. She wasn't afraid anymore. She could control her mind and what happened, it was her ability. She'd gotten quite good at being a psychic and was enjoying the power.

The vision thrusted her into a place she'd never seen before. A forest full of light. It was bright and the grass was just turning green. Spring was on it's way but not there just yet. She sensed someone with her, but at the same time felt danger. Seth was in trouble but she could tell that she was trying to fix things and help him.

She turned around only to find Daniel standing there with her. He was deep in thought about something. Suddenly Taylor could feel herself reach out and touch Daniel's mind, probing to see what he was thinking. She didn't know she could do that, but seeing her future self do it first was just weird.

Taylor looked through his thoughts until she found the current ones and saw that he was trying to find a way to find Seth. Satisfied Taylor pulled out of his mind and started to think herself. She needed to get to Seth and help him. She missed him dearly and a part of the Taylor that was watching the future of this felt like she had been ripped apart too. Seth meant so much to her, she couldn't imagine that pain. It was bad enough that she was going to have to feel it anyways.

The vision kicked her out and Taylor remembered that she had been sitting at the kitchen table when she had that vision. Her apple juice was in her hand, half way to her mouth, where it had stayed throughout the vision. Seth was sitting across the table gaping at her.

"Are you okay?", he asked worried but a little amused.

"Yeah, just had a vision." Taylor sighed and took a sip of her juice. She also blocked out her thoughts from Seth so he couldn't just poke around the vision. It wasn't something she wanted to share that way, but instead by her telling him.

Seth noticed what she had done and asked her, "So what was your vision?"

Taylor just turned to her pancakes. She mixed the syrup and the butter around on her plate trying to decide what to say. "Well, first off, you should really stop trying to read my mind without permission. It's an invasion of my privacy." Seth's face turned into a guilty one as Taylor kept going. "The vision was about me trying to find you. You were lost I think, and I was looking for you to help you."

Seth became rigid. "You were looking for me?", he questioned getting up from his chair. "I thought it would be the other way?" He hadn't directed the question at anyone but Taylor still felt angry from it.

"I am not a damsel!", she yelled as he paced the room.

"I know that", he told her. He was suddenly in front of her, hugging her. "I just meant, they're after you, not me. At least I didn't think they were."

"Why would they be?" Taylor hoped that if they could find out all the answers now then they could avoid the whole situation. Clearly being a psychic had it's benefits.

"I don't know honestly." Taylor had never seen Seth so confused. He always knew things, of course a benefit of his abilities as well.

She sat down in Seth's lap and hugged him tightly in her attempt to soothe him. He just kept looking off into space as if it would give him the answers he was looking for. Taylor gave up on her attempt and slipped from his arms. She picked up her bag and hung it over her shoulder. The chocolate brown color was calming and it was big enough to hold everything she needed for her trip to the park to write and think.

"I'm going to the park", Taylor told him in an almost whisper. He could hear her regardless with his super hearing. He shook his head deep in thought as she slipped on her shoes and headed towards the door.

He ran in front of her, if that's what you wanted to call his fast movement. He kissed her forehead softly, "I'm sorry, I'm just not used to being unknowing."

Taylor nodded at this and kissed him back before stepping around him and heading out the door. She paused and called back over her shoulder, "It's okay." She felt his hand go to her shoulder then let her go on her way to the park.

It was nice out, but a little colder than she'd hoped for. She sat down under her favorite tree just as she had last time, plugging her earbuds in her ears and going to work. She wrote quickly on her notebook, trying to get as much work done as she could.

"Hey, it's you again." Taylor heard Daniel's voice just barely over the sound of her music. She was listening to The Tide by The Spill Canvas. The melody calmed her mind, but didn't block out the world around her; unfortunately.

"Yeah, just came back to write and relax." Taylor put down her notebook. He was starting to get on her nerves, but at the same time she wanted to see him.

"Well, what would you say to lunch with me?" Daniel smiled brightly at her as she remained sitting on the ground unsure of what to do. His question had startled her. For a psychic she decided she needed some work.

What could it hurt to have lunch with him? "Sure", she responded picking up her things and shoving them in her bag. He offered her his hand and helped her stand.

"What would you say to eating at Stars Cafe?" Taylor nodded and walked with him towards the little cafe that sat across from the park. The whole walk Taylor screamed at herself to explain to him that she wasn't available, that she was taken by Seth, but she couldn't.

"So have you lived here all your life?", he asked as they reached the cafe.

"No, I actually grew up in Kentucky, but I moved here so I could be in the city." The whole topic excited her and reminded her the thrill that the city fed her. The bright lights, the hustle and bustle of every day life. At the same time she was saddened at all that she had left behind. She didn't visit her family all the time like Amy did and she knew she should.

"Aah, yeah I grew up in Montana and moved here on my own just to get away from my life." Daniel started to laugh, "Thought it would be easier here."

Taylor laughed at this too. She knew moving to New York would be hard work, but she'd wanted to do it anyways. They kept walking and they entered the little cafe. The smell of coffee went to her nose, filling her with warmth. She smiled at the warm and brown environment she'd stepped into. At the back of her mind her conscience was still screaming at her.

They sat down at a little round table in the corner near the big window. "What would you like?", he asked Taylor as he turned to go get their food.

"Tuna salad sandwich please and a mountain dew." He nodded and left Taylor feeling guilty. A free lunch wasn't so terrible, but she was leading him on and she knew it. She sat there the whole time thinking about Seth and her vision and she remembered an important part of the vision. Daniel was with her.

"Here you go", he said sitting her stuff down.

"Thanks", she replied taking a sip of her mountain dew.

"No problem." He took a large, unattractive bite from his own sandwich and began to chew. He at least covered his mouth as he talked. "So I found your piece of paper the other day."

Taylor eyebrows furrowed at this. "What paper?" She took a bite of her own sandwich, perplexed.

He finished chewing, "You know, the one that the wind blew away."

Recognition came to Taylor and she tried to remember wha that paper had said. In the meantime he pulled it out and handed it to her.

Taylor skimmed the page, in shock at what she found. It was a page written of how much she cared about Seth, with little notes scribbled at the bottom about her story. She talked as if Seth was a god and how he drove her crazy. The worst was found in the line that stated, "And even though he's a vampire, I love him."

"Oh shit", she murmered under her breath. She glanced up at Daniel who only laughed.

"I'm sorry that I read it, I couldn't resist. I had a feeling you were with someone, and that's okay. I'm not looking for that, I just wanted to genuinely get to know you." Taylor blushed, ashamed that he had found out this way.

"No, I'm sorry. I was meaning to tell you." She folded the paper up and stuck it down in her bag hastily.

"It's okay, I understand. The only thing I had a question about was the vampire thing?" Daniel toyed with his straw as Taylor sat motionless

She went cold and decided to play it off. "I don't know what you're talking about." She shrugged it off and went to drinking.

"Oh really", Daniel snickered. "Don't play dumb Taylor, he's a vampire."

Fear and anger boiled up inside of Taylor. He wasn't supposed to know that and she was mad at him for invading on her privacy. "No, he isn't."

"Taylor, I've known from the beginning. I smelt his scent on you that day outside the apartments and I figured that was why you looked so stressed at the park." Taylor just shook her head not sure what else to say. She just knew that she had to protect his secret and keep denying it.

"You can't tell anyone", she pleaded with him.

Daniel just laughed and shook his head, "I'm not going to trust me. I would never do that to a fellow Magic Holder."

Taylor perked up at this, "Magic Holder?"

"Yeah, that's what they call us magical creatures. We all hold something special in us that allows us to be as we are. Most of us believe it comes from mother nature herself. Others have different opinions." He took another bite of his sandwich.

Suddenly Taylor was curious. She realized what he had said and another question came to mind. "Fellow? So what are you?"

Daniel sighed and set down his sandwich. "I'm a witch. Being a guy I suppose the correct term would be warlock, but I prefer witch." He smiled at his words as Taylor tried not to panic. Things just kept making her doubt everything.