Status: Not sure that I'll ever finish. I dislike a lot of what I did with my story and am tempted to scrap the whole thing.

Blood Desires

Insecurity

The look on Seth's face would've been more terrorizing if Taylor hadn't of loved him so much. She knew that if anyone else had been given that look they would be so intimidated they would probably cower on the floor. Taylor knew that the look wasn't for her though. It was for the intruder who had entered their home, whoever he may be.

"I can't believe that they did this." He bent down and picked up Taylor easily, cradling her in his arms before gently placing her on their bed. He kissed her forehead and his face was soft for a moment. The minute that he turned to examine the apartment however, his eyes grew dark and fierce. He was like a wild creature out to protect his home. His face was twisted into a grimace that can only be described as dangerous.

Taylor had seen him tear things apart easily and knew it would only take a second for him to kill a person. Seeing the look on his face at that moment she knew he wanted to. If the intruder was ever caught, he would regret what he had done.

Suddenly Seth's face turned to puzzlement as he looked over at Taylor's jewelry box. He walked over to it and began looking in it, picking up the occasional necklace and looking it over. "Taylor, this stuff is real."

"Well yeah, what's that got to do with anything?" Taylor sat up in bed and watched her boyfriend rummage through her jewelry.

"Whoever came in here wasn't here to steal things, or else he would've taken your jewelry. He would've taken the cash that I had in that open drawer over there. He wasn't here to steal. He wanted something else." Seth came over to Taylor and sat next to her on the bed.

Taylor wondered for a moment too. What could they possibly want? "What about some kind of paperwork?"

Seth just shook his head. "I don't have anything like that here. I mean, I live forever, why would I need it?" With a sigh he sat back down on the bed. "I'm just glad you're safe." He kissed her lips passionately and wove his fingers into her long hair.

"Seth", she interrupted him between kisses. He paused and looked into her eyes. "What if they were after information."

His eyes locked onto hers. They knew what kind of information she was referring to. "Well, if they really want proof they could always confront me. I'd be glad to show them." She saw his fangs protruding. They only emerged when he made them, and his anger had pushed them through the gums, sharp and deadly.

She shivered as she looked at his deadly white fangs. Then she realized that her shiver wasn't out of fear, but of longing.

Seth had noticed it too and instantly retracted them, sadness washing over his face. "You crave it less then before at least."

Taylor nodded, but deep down she just wanted one more bite. She could feel her memory of the feeling slipping from her and she didn't want it to go away. She didn't want to forget what that sheer bliss felt like. Then her conscience stomped all over the idea, telling her that she knew better. A blush rose to her cheeks and she snuggled closer to Seth, placing her head against his cold chest, hearing nothing as always.

"So, I guess there's no point in going back to work, and honestly I'm not sure I trust it tonight. I don't want to leave you again." Seth started changing out of his suit and tie and into a pair of sweat pants.

Taylor watched breathlessly and any worry had faded just by looking at Seth's muscular body. He was toned to perfection, looking like a model out of a magazine, but even better. It was as if he had been carved from stone by the gods, and as his pale body approached her, she felt a sense of amazement. Then she grimaced as she looked down at hersself.

A simple girl with brown hair, plain brown eyes and a nowhere near model body. She looked over to the dresser with her clothes and suddenly felt uncomfortable. What was it that he saw in her? How could he possibly want to be with a human girl who had so many flaws?

"Umm, well I'll be right back." With that Taylor snatched clothes out of her drawer and rushed to the bathroom, closing the door behind her.

She threw on the lacy garments she had pulled out, but then slipped on sweat pants and a baggy shirt overtop. Feeling a bit better Taylor crept out of the bathroom and back to the bedroom where Seth was lounging. His eyes roamed over every inch of Taylor, as if x-raying her.

She snuggled up close to him in bed, ready to succumb to sleep. She was mentally exhausted even if she wasn't physically tired. She closed her eyes and remembered what it had been like before Seth. The normal hustle and bustle of New York just as she had always wished to live in.

She had never expected to find someone, much less a vampire. How could anyone expect that really?

Seth ran his fingers through Taylor's hair. "You're gorgeous", he whispered, nuzzling her neck.

Butterflies fluttered in the pit of her stomach and she stared into his eyes, relishing the blue and repeating his accented words, "You're gorgeous." His british tone music to her ears.

Then the moment was ruined by sudden feelings. One of trouble approaching and the other for Seth to bite her. The feelings were so strong that she jumped out of his arms, causing his face to crease with worry.

"What's wrong?"

Taylor just shook her head, unsure what had just happened. It had been so sudden and quick, she didn't know what could cause it. She stared at Seth then immediately tore her eyes away before she could ask him. She didn't want to worry him.

"I can tell something is wrong. Don't lie." Seth crept closer to her, wrapping his arms around her for comfort.

"Just, I..." she couldn't bring herself to say it. "I had a sudden feeling. I wanted you to bite me."

Seth sighed and nodded. "I thought so. I'm sorry I ever did it at all."

"No!", Taylor shouted in shock. "Don't be. I asked for it, and after all, it gives you health."

Seth snorted, "If that's what you want to call it." Disdain dripped from his words. "I'm taking your life to get it, how does that make it better?" He had grown angry thinking about what he had done. "I'm a monster."

"No. You never drink to kill, just to fulfill the thirst." She turned to him, cupping his face. "You are the kindest vampire I could ever expect to meet."

He laughed, light heartedly again. "Well, I will give you that. I still don't feel it's right."

Seth couldn't understand the feeling it gave her. It made her feel closer to him. He was like an extra limb to her when he fed on her. He might be taking blood, but her body could replenish that. He was giving her pure happiness and in a way love when he did it.

"That wasn't all I felt though. I felt a sense of danger."

Seth once again nodded at that. "I assumed as much. You're going to get predictions now, ever since you were introduced to the world of magic. I just hope this one is wrong." He looked off into some distant place that Taylor could not see. He was lost in his own world of memories.

"Just one bite."

"Taylor, no." Seth got up, angrily striding out of the room and into the kitchen. Taylor stared after him, depressed.

She finally got tired of staring at him, unable to force herself up, and instead crawled back into the bed. She curled under the blankets and lay there until she fell asleep.

Once waking up the next morning she found that Seth had come back to bed sometime during the night and lay with her. She woke, like every morning, to his blue eyes looking at her.

"Good morning sunshine." He brushed back a piece of her hair from her face. "I'm sorry about yesterday. I just, don't want to slip up. I'm scared. I'm really worried I will hurt you, or even worse, that you'll become so addicted that my bites wont be the only ones you want."

Taylor closed her eyes. How could she have not thought of that? Of course he was worried about her need for a bite becoming an obsession. An addiction that would take her over, possessing her to become a feeder. He didn't want to lose her to that world.

"I'm sorry, you're right." Even if the burning feeling rose inside her for a bite, she ignored it and knew that he said the right thing. She would just have to force the feelings away once and for all.

"Well", Seth began, "I do have to go to work today. Can you handle yourself without me?" He grinned, casting a wink her way.

Taylor laughed, "Of course. I've managed so far."

Seth put on his suit slowly. Taylor smiled, knowing that he was doing it on purpose, not wanting to leave. Taking human speed he walked over to her and kissed her passionately before getting bored with acting human and speeding out the door.

The eerie quiet of the apartment made Taylor want to escape, but she knew that she shouldn't leave. It might be safer to stay in the apartment with her cell phone inches from her at all times. There was food there and entertainment. She could order any movie she wanted off of the tv. After ordering some chinese food and watching a chick flick she had settled in for good.

When finally the movie had ended and boredom began to set in she checked the wall clock, knowing that at any moment Seth would walk through the door and be her's all over again.

After an hour she began to worry, but thought he had just been held up. Once another hour had passed the worry had increased to panic, and when she tried to reach him telepathically there was no connection.

Her heart racing, Taylor threw on her shoes and bolted through the apartment complex to visit Daniel. Maybe he would know what to do. Just as she ran to his door, she found it oddly open. It appeared to have been kicked in, and the entire thing was a mess.

The apartment's furniture had been overturned and the curtains torn from the windows. Mouth gaping open Taylor walked in, calling loudly, "Daniel!"

Suddenly, he popped out of thin air causing her to jump. "Taylor!" He didn't seem to have noticed the mess and just ran over to her, pulling her into a hug. "Sorry about the mess."

"What happened?", Taylor asked, clearly concerned.

"Well obviously the place was ransacked. Luckily I was able to transport out of here. They were vampires Taylor. Do you happen to know anything about that?" Daniel's eyes had grown dark at the mention of vampires.

"No." Fear had struck at the core of Taylor's heart. It had been vampires that had ransacked their apartment. She should've known they wouldn't give up so easily on Seth. "Daniel, I think they're after Seth."