Status: Not sure that I'll ever finish. I dislike a lot of what I did with my story and am tempted to scrap the whole thing.

Blood Desires

Sweet Caroline

Inside was just as extravagant as the outside. The carpet was a rich maroon color and felt plush under Taylor's shoes. The hallway was long with multiple doors scattered around it. At the end Taylor could see an opening into what looked like a large living room. Vintages chairs and a couch were all she could see as they began walking down the hall. Daniel turned to his right and through a doorway into a dining room.

The walls were cream colored and the dining table was long and oak with a golden candelabra sitting in its center. Daniel swiftly pulled back one of the corner chairs near the head of the table back and motioned for Taylor to sit. She did so, staring around the room, taking it all in. Caroline sat with a heavy plump, propping her feet onto the table and leaning back precariously. She balanced herself on one leg of the chair, her ankles crossed with clunky red heels shining in the light. Taylor couldn't help but stare, realizing that Caroline was using magic to keep herself balanced so effortlessly.

"So, what have you gotten yourself into this time?", she asked, a smirk on her face.

"Oh, you know, the usual. Hanging out with a vampire and getting into the trouble that always follows their kind." Daniel laughed and grabbed one of the candles off the table. He pinched the wick between his thumb and forefinger, and when he released, a flame was left, strong and blazing before going quickly out. "I missed being back here."

"Well, that was your own choice to leave." Caroline rolled her eyes, sliding her feet off the table and slamming the chair back onto all four legs. "You just can't stay away from normals. I'd say it appears so much that you have a normal with you, but I can feel some energy emanating from her. She's certainly not the average kind."

Taylor felt her face turn red as the focus shifted to her. Caroline was drilling her eyes into her with how hard she glared. Daniel merely shrugged. "She's not why we're here Caroline."

"Then get to the point of it!"

Daniel sighed and got up. He began to pace, and although he moved away, his voice echoed through the large space. Taylor was sure that magic was also involved in creating the perfect space for a retelling of the past events.

"I ran into Taylor here quite awhile ago. It wasn't long before I realized something was different about her. I soon discovered she was with a vampire. Not just any of course; one of the ancient variety. Seth Scottsdale is the one. Him and his arrogant ways got him snatched up by some other vampires going on about a prophecy. He was flaunting himself about with his fortune and fame, and they found him. Normal's society is not a place that is easy to stay hidden in. At least not nowadays. Especially when you're as old as we are. People begin to notice. Well, between his normal girlfriend over here and his business they found him and decided they were just going to take him. Now we have no idea where he's at. He's involved with this prophecy or something like that. I was hoping you could help us find out more about it, so that ultimately we can find him." He paused for a moment, letting it all soak in.

"I hope you don't expect this help to come for free."

"Oh, I would never expect that out of you Caroline", he sneered.

"Good, because I would like an actual dinner with you before you leave this time. You've been gone for so long and with Mom and Dad gone it's just so much more lonely here." She stood up and surprisingly to Taylor, went over and hugged Daniel. His eyes growing wide with his equal astonishment.

"No worries." He finished the embrace and blinked his way back from his thoughts. "Oh I guess I never mentioned to Taylor exactly where we were going. This, is my dear sister, Caroline."

The resemblance wasn't there, with their builds different and their faces displaying completely different thoughts. But out of it all, she noticed those same hazel eyes she had seen on Daniel's face on Caroline's as well. She had noticed them coming in, but now realized they were that same golden brown color that contained a glimmer of magic behind them. Somehow, she felt the atmosphere dramatically change as she realized more and more about the situation. This beautiful, regal mansion was likely a place Daniel had lived in for part of his life. This was the luxury he was used to. She still couldn't fathom why magical beings would possibly want to be normal in any way. This life was something she could get used to.

"Well, now I suppose I should take you on a tour. I take it my brother didn't mention this place?" Caroline offered out her hand to Taylor, red finger nails shining under the chandelier's illumination.

Taylor accepted and was instantly dragged along to the large winding staircase she had seen in the entrance hall. Every step was carpeted red, causing no sound as they climbed the stairs to the next floor. A long hallway greeted them with countless rooms. Somehow Daniel had followed them silently. He was like a shadow, lurking shortly behind them. Each room they passed was beautifully decorated with ornate beds and mirrors.

"Each room has its own restroom", Daniel mused. He was reveling in the sight of Taylor's gaping mouth. She didn't know how to act in a place so nice.

"I take it you have nowhere to stay while you visit?" Before either of them could answer, Caroline blurted, "No worries my dears, I insist that you stay here. You may each have your own guest room. No one ever comes to use them anymore. It would be lovely to have guests again. This place is not made for only one."

Daniel couldn't deny his sister, and as night approached they settled into their respective rooms. Taylor was just down the hall from Daniel's room, while Caroline's room was on the lower floor, taking up quite a large portion of the ground floor space. She didn't blame her for picking such a large and elaborate room when she lived all alone.

The bed had purple sheets with a large gold comforter, adorned with black swirls and tassels on the corners. The headboard was gold with two gold roses, one at each end, curving over towards the floor. The bathroom was decorated similarly with a beautiful white tub surrounded by purple rugs. The sink, marble counter-top with a gold faucet. It was stunning, and Taylor almost felt like she was staying in a deluxe hotel suite, free of charge.

She was thankful to be alone, but could feel herself crumbling under the enormous emotional baggage she had been carrying. Seth wasn't there. She wasn''t even sure where he was. She had gone from feeling safe and secure with another person beside her, to being completely alone and afraid of what could happen next. Her eyes began to well up with tears, and she started to bawl, sitting on the edge of the bed. Her hands went up to cover her face as waterfalls of tears came flowing out.

Once the pain had stopped, she crawled under the covers of the bed, not even bothering to change. She was too exhausted mentally to care. The bed was large, and she pulled the blanket in around her, building a fort of comfort as she drifted off into a much needed sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been so long, I can hardly believe I was able to write this. Hope you guys enjoy.