Status: Not sure that I'll ever finish. I dislike a lot of what I did with my story and am tempted to scrap the whole thing.

Blood Desires

Flirting with Danger

After her horrifying weekend Taylor decided it was time to hangout with a friend. Angel would be consoling and helpful in her time of crisis. She needed someone to get her mind off that mysterious guy and her incident.

Calling her friend up already made her day brighter as Angel ranted on of her life. Talking on the phone all day was a prospect, but in the end Taylor went to Angel's to simply have a little girl time.

"Tell me all about it", Angel told her. Taylor plopped down on the bed in front of her, a bowl of popcorn tight in her hands to help ease her stomach. Taylor loved popcorn, and the bag was sitting not too far away so she could have the butter off the inside last.

"Well", Taylor began. She stopped and looked at the floor. It was going to be hard, but she knew it would get it off her chest to talk about it, and so she did.

Angel hugged her friend tightly as she finished and quickly handed her the popcorn bag for her enjoyment. "At least you're here", she told her as the two sat together watching funny movies to cheer them up. The day was long and helpful to Taylor, as well as the food she stuffed herself with to erase the pain.

While this did help Taylor, the strenuous days at the office took her mind off the incident. She was too focused on work and writing to be able to think of anything else. The magazine was to be published soon and that created a hectic work space. Still it made her feel better, but by the end of the week the club was calling her name again. This time, a taxi was a demand she had.

Saturday night was nice out, but a fear formed inside her. She got dressed in her Victoria's Secret underwear and had on a gorgeous blue dress. Her white heels were an interesting touch to her outfit and made her feel a peace come over her. The bright colors felt like a safe guard against any evil that might come near her tonight.

With this in mind she stepped outside her house into the cold dark night. She looked up and down the street, very much paranoid. When the taxi arrived, she climbed in cautiously even though she knew she was fine. Climbing out of the cab was easier however as she saw people crowded around the front. Taylor took a deep breath then strode into the club, her head held high.

She was proud of how far she'd made it, and knew she was strong enough to keep going. A drink would be helpful though, so she made her way to the bar. "Strawberry Daiquiri", she requested to the bartender, winking once more at him. He returned her wink with a smile and even a nod that time. It brightened her mood as she handed him a tip along with a five.

She fiddled with her umbrella a while and took rather large sips of her drink to calm her nerves before swiveling on her stool to examine the dance floor. "You have to be brave", she told herself. She needed to get over this, she had to overcome it and she knew she could. She spotted the hair she loved so much, the back of a blonde boy's head. She left her drink behind and moved over to him.

The adrenaline was pumping through her. Her heart pounded to the rhythm of the music and the pulsing lights messed with her emotions. She went up to the guy and began to dance in front of him, trying to get his attention. She closed her eyes concentrating on the beat, hoping the guy would take the hint and put his hands on her.

After a minute she realized he wouldn't and she opened her eyes to find the mysterious guy staring at her. Oh shit.

"Well that's a nice show", he smirked. His eyes looked down on her as if she was nothing to him.

"Piss off", she groaned as she rolled her eyes. Taylor felt humiliated.

"Wow, that's something nice to do to someone who saved your ass." He pivoted quickly and maneuvered his way through the throng quickly. Taylor raced to catch up. Being slimmer than him she was able to stay on his heels.

As they broke from the group of people she moved in front of him stopping him in his tracks. "Yeah, by the way", she burst, "thanks for saving me and running. Not to mention the sexist comment."

"What did you want me to do? Stay and carry you home?", his tone was full of guilt but yet an anger rose above it.

"At least make sure I got home." Her face turned to a pity for herself as she realized what she was saying. She wanted him to actually care. What should that matter?

His face twisted with guilt until he finally broke down. "Sorry, I had a rough day." His words felt sincere as he spoke them, his british tongue creating a warm note in Taylor's mind. Though what he did was wrong, his apology was hard to deny. She nodded her head in acceptance and it seemed that the world had calmed. Suddenly that night didn't seem so bad, not after his apology.

"Well, thank you."

"No problem", he sighed, "but I must be going. Take care of yourself." With that she was left standing alone again, but this time a little more satisfied.