Status: Not sure that I'll ever finish. I dislike a lot of what I did with my story and am tempted to scrap the whole thing.

Blood Desires

Decisions

Taylor woke up relieved after a peaceful night. Even more relief came when she realized that today they would be starting a new magazine and the office would be a lot more peaceful with deadlines being a lot farther away. The new problem now was finding a new subject for an article. This would mean some research.

She slipped on a pair of comfortable jeans and a t-shirt. Her tennis shoes were pulled on after and her hair brushed back into a pony tail. Comfort clothes were needed to go searching through the big apple for an inspiration. Taylor slipped on her hoodie and was out the door.

New York City is huge of course, making it an easy place to find interesting things, but she wasn't going to be able to span the whole city. Stopping at the little store at the corner she bought a handful of disposable cameras to take some photos with.

That was one thing that Taylor loved to do, was take photos. If only she could find someone that shared that hobbie and passion she would be happy and content in the world. Writing was a way to express yourself, but photos captured things that were already beautiful in life and didn't need extra words or things to make them any better. They were fine the way they were.

She started in Times Square the classic place to begin. It was where many people in America watched the dropping of the ball on New Year's Eve. It was a place of centrality. She took several pictures of the skylight and then went from window to window looking for interesting people or signs. Anything that caught her eye.

Taylor went like this from place to place in New York finding things like adorable babies sharing precious moments with their mothers. Clever t-shirts and pieces of art that just had an interesting look.

Even boring signs that she saw every day such as the neon Obscurity club sign she took a photo of, hoping to channel it into an article. She needed an idea, anything accepted.

After a long day Taylor trudged over to the Walmart and dropped her cameras off to be developed. She was pretty proud of herself and couldn't wait to see what pictures she got back from her day.

Pulling off her shoes when she got home she lay in bed thinking and dreaming. Listening to The Spill Canvas and their soothing melodies wind around her room. Staring at the ceiling brought peace to her mind, but when she started to doze she saw two faces.

One was Nathaniel. Sexy and alluring Nathan. His touch was like electricity to her. The other face was a surprise to her however, since it was the mysterious guy from the alley. His blue eyes were boring into her begging for forgiveness. She had never noticed the touch of sadness in the corners of his eyes until now. Taylor thought this was silly but she felt a compassion for him. Why? He was such a douche, but yet he had saved her. What did that account for? Her mind swam around these things, but she knew something that was true of both of them. She wanted to see them both again.