Status: Not sure that I'll ever finish. I dislike a lot of what I did with my story and am tempted to scrap the whole thing.

Blood Desires

To be Sensible, or not to be Sensible

It was surprising to Taylor how fast her weeks were going by. She couldn't believe that it was almost spring already and that would bring warmer weather. Not to mention Mason and Amy's wedding. She was going to be the Maid of Honor and was very excited to.

Looking out the window she saw it was a beautiful day and so she decided she was going to dress beautifully. She went searching through her closet until she found a forest green strapless dress. Her brown hair went beautifully with it. She slipped on matching green heels and then realized she had nowhere to go until later that night. Sighing Taylor resigned to her bedroom to work on her story.

Sitting there staring at the computer didn't get her very far however considering she had writer's block. She wanted to go spend time with her character's so badly that instead of writing about it, she began to imagine it. Before long Taylor had fallen asleep dreaming.

Waking up she seemed dazed and hopeful. Her life looked so nice in her dreams she was instantly full of good ideas to write about. She set down and went to typing on her story until late in the evening. She had finished a whole chapter and was pleased with herself.

Taylor didn't know what she wanted to do. Clubbing sounded nice but she was sure that there was more in life to do. Maybe she could do two things tonight, go to the bar then club. Her mind was so enveloped she didn't even think of her terrifying incident, but she was definitely not going to that same bar. Instead of the Saloon she decided that The Two Shooters was just as good. Taking a cab seemed the best option though.

Grabbing her coat she was out into the night within seconds, staring up at the starless sky. It had been a long time since she had gone back to her home state of Kentucky. It was a beautiful place, but the hustle and bustle of the city was more of Taylor's thing.

Going into The Two Shooters she decided to sit at one of the tables instead of at the bar. Sitting alone wasn't quite as fun as sitting with a friend, but Taylor needed to sit and think a while. She needed to analyze what she was going to do next.

The best option to her seemed to be to call Nathan and get together with him. He was definitely good looking and they'd already had a close night together. The other guy for some reason stuck in her mind. She couldn't shake him. The worst part was, she didn't even know his name.

The waitress came by and she ordered her dinner, no alcohol tonight though. Just a Mountain Dew to chase it down with. She was sure she'd get plenty drunk at the club.

Taylor glanced around the room taking the place, trying to come up with what she should do. Well, any sensible person would call up Nathan and forget about the other guy. Taylor wasn't always the most sensible. She did what she felt was right, not what she thought was.

After eating her meal and paying the check she stepped out into the night and called a cab. Better to wait then to walk. In the mean time she pulled out her little LG phone and went through her contacts. She clicked on Nathans name and began to call. It rang and every time it did Taylor's breath held a little, up until he answered.

"Hello", he said kindly. His voice seemed distracted though.

"Hey, it's Taylor." Her voice was hopeful that he would remember.

"Oh, hey. Well, I hate to do this, but I'm kind of occupied." Taylor's heart sank a little at this, but she could always make plans with him later.

"It's fine, maybe another time?", she prodded.

"Sure", his voice was light but also in a hurry. Taylor soon heard why when a girl's voice started talking to him in the background. "Well, I'll call you and maybe we can hang another night. For now, bye though." He hung up.

"Bye", Taylor sighed to the phone. So Nathan was out of the equation, or at least for now. She thought about it and decided she shouldn't jump to conclusions. He could still be available. Then again, weeks went by after their night together and he never called. Neither did she though. Why were things so complicated?

The cab pulled up and Taylor stepped in, disappointed at her newly found information. She wanted a man so badly it really stunk that she couldn't seem to get one. Maybe the club would shine nicely on her.

This time though, when Taylor entered the club she didn't go straight to the back. She went straight into the mass of people that were already dancing on the floor. Her body moved in sync so she could get through it, hoping to see someone she knew. Amy caught her eye, but she left her to dance with Mason and went on her way through. That was when he caught her eye again.

Taylor noticed things this time that she hadn't before. She realized he was alone everytime she saw him and she noticed how calm and thoughtful he looked when he was alone. He moved swiftly and gracefully for a guy, making her watch him more. It was nice to be able to look at him without him staring back.

She moved toward him, wanting to be near him, but not so close she felt obsessive. She was within speaking range of him now and she began to dance, only vaguely hoping that he would notice. She got her wish and he did.

His eyes seemed to light up a little and he looked a lot brighter than normal days. He moved towards her in a friendly way. "Forgiven me?", he asked. Almost vain to, but she accepted that it was the type of person he was.

"Almost", she replied still dancing. She wasn't going to stop just for him. Or at least that's what she kept telling herself.

"Want a drink?", he asked. His face was hopeful and grew sad as Taylor took longer to respond. She finally nodded and they headed to the back of the club. Didn't this seem familiar?

"Two martinis please", he told the bartender. The bartender snuck a wink to Taylor, or so he thought. Taylor winked back but then noticed the mysterious guy tense up. The bartender handed them their drinks then left them be.

"So what is your name, since I don't seem to know it yet?", Taylor asked.

"Seth", he answered coolly, "and yours?"

"Taylor", she said, trying to sound just as cool and collected as he did. He smiled at her attempt and went to drinking his martini. It seemed a little girly in his hands, but she let it slip pass.

He was young, in his mid twenties like she was. His face was soft and in general he was a skinny guy, but a lot of muscle that bulked him up a little more. His hair was an extreme dirty blonde, bordering light brown. His eyes were a light blue that looked icy, but still had a warming effect on her.

"So Taylor, what do you do, and how do you keep showing up in my life?"

The questions hit her hard. She was just starting to like him, but his attitude threw her for a loop. "First of all, I'm a writer", she tried to convey as much attitude back as he was, "and second of all, who says you're not just showing up in mine?"

Her words made him smile and he nodded, "You got me." His face grew somber though as his mind began to wander to a more distant place. "I can't help but show up in a pretty girl's life. Sorry."

The comment made Taylor blush against her will. Whether he truly meant it, or just for show she couldn't tell, but she liked it. Silence fell over the two of them as they sipped on their drinks. Neither one knowing where to step in next.

Finally Seth just decided it was his turn and began talking. "Well, I must say you look gorgeous and I hate to hit on you then run, but maybe I'll see you some other time." He winked at her and kissed her cheek leaving her breathless.

"Yeah, see you around", she whispered as he walked away. Why did this douche have to be so hot and so sweet at the same time? Couldn't he be normal and just be like any other guy, one or the other? This would only complicate things further. She still had to choose.