Status: Not sure that I'll ever finish. I dislike a lot of what I did with my story and am tempted to scrap the whole thing.

Blood Desires

Pickings

The work week had just begun and it seemed like a slow one. Maybe only because she was hoping to go clubbing Friday night and see him again. Even a call from Nathan to do something would be nice. She was desperately wanting a man in her life either way. Something to release her bottled up passions and to help her have a good time. The world seemed nicer with a man by your side.

Sure Taylor was independent, but that didn't mean she couldn't have a man to be with her. Reluctantly she went to work and sat at her desk barely getting anything done. Her prints would be in tomorrow though and hopefully something would hit her.

Slumping home wasn't what she wanted to do though. Her body was itching for that club, or rather just to see him. She decided the best thing she could do was simply go shopping. Nothing took her away like shopping did. Even better was the easy click of a mouse when you were online shopping. Sitting at her computer she surfed the web until her hands fell upon Mod Cloth. Vintage clothing was her thing and this store had it. Before she knew it she was in awe at all the wonderful outfits. Her fingertips felt electric as she searched and clicked. Sighing she resigned to only buying two things. She would refrain from spending her whole paycheck.

Leaning back in her chair she realized it was late now and was glad to have killed some time. Shopping was good for Taylor's stress and it had calmed her down to forgetting about her boy problems for the time being.

Waking up in the morning however, her dreams had shook her. She had a dream again of being a strong powerful woman that every man fawned over. Not Cleopatra this time, but instead Marie Antoinette. It was a nice dream up until it took a nasty turn, and at one point all the guys left until there was only Nathan. This seemed nice at first until he began to undress her. This was enjoyable too, but Seth stepped in. He thought it was against her will and the two were fighting over her. As hot at this was, it also reminded her of her choice to make.

Taylor stretched her way out of bed and jumped into the shower. She was going to pick up her photos today and then Amy was going to come over and go through them with her. Amy was a writer too and maybe they would be able to pull inspiration together.

After picking her pictures up from Walmart she went to the uptown apartment Amy was staying at. Her and Joey were doing well as far as money and fame went and were able to commute between their two living arrangements. One here in New York City, where they could visit Taylor and enjoy the bustle of the city. The other back in Kentucky, on the edge of country and city, where the two were thinking of settling down.

Amy greeted her at the door and the two went straight to sifting through the photos and drinking coffee. Some were memorable and worth keeping even if they didn't help, but others were so random, Taylor wondered where her mind had gone.

"I like this one", Amy stated happily as she slid the picture to Taylor. It was a picture of an empty newspaper holder. The little stand seemed so alone compared to the bustling streets. Though it had been refilled that morning, it seemed all the papers had been bought out of it.

"I do too", Taylor smiled as she thought of writing her article. It would be about how fast news spread in today's world and how important it was to stay informed. "It's going to be brilliant."

"Of course it is, you're writing it." The two smiled at Amy's remark. They were always complimenting each other so they didn't have to rely on guys.

"That reminds me", Taylor started, "what do I do? I have to choose between two guys."

"Well, tell me about them", Amy said. She settled into her seat on the couch as Taylor prepared to launch into her description.

"Well theres Nathan, that guy I met that night." Amy winked at this and they both laughed. "He's hot, and we had that night together, but I think he's occupied." Both of them sighed at this. Guys didn't stay to one person long in New York. "The other guy, Seth. He's hot too and I like him. Or well I think. He's kind of a douche."

"Wait, isn't he the guy who saved you then ditched you?!", Amy started to get upset. She didn't want Taylor to get hurt.

"Well, that's the thing, he apologized. Not just that, he kissed my cheek and wants to see me around." Taylor could see Amy's eyes staring her down, so to avoid them she looked past her head and out the window.

"Well, you should do what you think is right." Amy's voice fell a little. She didn't know what else to say.

"I just hope my decision is made a little easier."

"Theres always this weekend." That's what everyone looked forward to when they were in their twenties.