Status: Not sure that I'll ever finish. I dislike a lot of what I did with my story and am tempted to scrap the whole thing.

Blood Desires

Broken Ankles

It was finally Friday and Taylor was ready for the club. The excitement and fun of it was never enough for her. She wouldn't mind going every night, but then again that would probably get tiring.

Taylor took a long shower and made sure she took time on her outfit. She had a cute red bubble dress that had a black belt around her waist. Her black high heels were a nice touch to it. She brushed her hair out and sprayed in some messy curls. She sat down at her vanity mirror and went to work on her makeup. She took her time adding everything in just the right amount to make her look alluring. Taylor smiled when she had finished, proud at what she had done.

The club was calling her name, but dinner came first. Tonight she decided to make it at home and threw together a simple spaghetti meal. She was proud of herself and how confident she had been lately. She was going to need to channel that confidence tonight to keep her head on straight.

Arriving at the club however, she seemed to lose some of it. She looked down at her outfit a million times telling herself she looked fine. She was going to impress tonight. Taylor decided she needed a drink though and went to the back for her usual strawberry daiquiri. "Strawberry Daiquiri please", Taylor requested as she sat down. Her stomach was already beginning to get queasy.

"Here you go Miss Taylor", the bartender smiled. "I see you're alone this evening." Taylor had never noticed before what the bartender looked like. He didn't have blonde hair, but at the same time she found his brown hair slightly attractive. It was messy on his head and his smile made him a bright star in the dim light. His eyes were brown as well making him seem plain at first, but his features were amazingly model like. He had a muscular body and was tall and lean. He had a warm inviting feeling about him that told you he was a kind boy from a small town.

"Yes, I am actually." She sighed at this and went to sipping her drink.

"Well, I don't see why. You look lovely tonight, just as every night." He winked at her as he turned to his other customers, leaving Taylor blushing. She turned in her stool to face the floor as was routine. She was sure her face was as pink as her drink. She went to scanning the people, looking for anyone. Her mind said anyone, but everytime she saw a blonde head her heart gave a jump.

She sat for a while until she realized her drink was gone. The bartender came over and chatted with her, eventually asking for her number. She obliged, but only to be nice. Her web of guys was continuing to grow and get deeper. Soon she would be stuck between a million men. What would she do then?

After this she decided it was time to get up and she left her drink behind to dance in the crowd. She searched desperately for Seth or Nathan, at the same time hoping to see neither. When an hour had passed her mind was thumping from the stress and she decided to leave. Taylor's heart sank at this decision, but it had to be made. She struggled her way out the door and into the cool night.

The air felt good against her skin after all the dancing she had done. She breathed it in, hoping to forget about guys but she couldn't. She needed that passion, that love that every other girl seemed to have felt. Yeah, she might not be a virgin, but that didn't mean she'd ever had a great love in her life. She'd liked plenty of guys, but nothing like stories told her or movies played out on the big screen.

Suddenly an emotion so strong hit her she stopped by one of many stores and leaned against the wall. The streets were empty tonight, most people inside clubs or bars getting drunk and having fun. She looked up and down the street and then began to cry. She didn't sob heavily, it was a silent cry. Tears for everything she wanted, all the confusion she felt, and for being so alone. She had a great career, great friends and lived in her dream city. Why did she have to feel this way?

"Taylor?", a voice asked quietly. Taylor didn't look up. Maybe if she didn't respond whoever it was would go away. She was wrong as the person only got closer. "Are you okay?", the voice asked. Suddenly she recognized that voice.

"I'm fine", she replied fiercely wiping her eyes then regretting it as she noticed the mascara now on her hands. She turned in the opposite direction of the person and began to march away but he only followed.

It was silent as they walked, seemingly together even though he was two feet behind. She at least knew she was safe, but still her mind wanted him gone. Taylor wanted him to not see her so vulnerable. She didn't need his judging comments about her.

She stopped at a street corner waiting to cross reluctantly and he caught up. He placed his hand on her shoulder. "Taylor, talk to me." Seth's voice was calming, but at the same time she couldn't turn around. She couldn't look him in the eye, not the way she felt now.

When the walk sign appeared she tore away, breaking into a run. Her heels made it a slow run, but she didn't care. She was almost home, if she could only make it before him she could run in and lock the door behind her, leaving him in the dark. She was so close she could see her town house. The porch light that she left on to see under. That's when her heel broke and she tripped onto the pavement.

Taylor lay there for a moment cussing mentally before she rolled over. She examined her knee only to find it bleeding from hitting the ground. "Shit!", she yelled as she touched it and felt the skin burn. Even worse, he was now running towards her.

"Here, let me help you", Seth pleaded, reaching out for her hand.

"Why?", she screamed to him. She ignored his hand and went back to examining the damage. She took off her shoes and went to stand up on her own, only to crumble back to the ground from a pain. Her ankle hurt so badly a tear escaped her eyes. She reached for it and knew it was defnitely sprained. "Damn it."

"Is it your ankle?", Seth asked bending to examine it. She hissed as he squeezed it. "Definitely sprained, no way can you walk on it." This time, instead of offering his hand he merely bent over and picked her up in his arms. Her legs draped over one arms while her back rested against the other.

Taylor was speechless as he began to carry her to her house. "Why are you helping me?", she questioned. Her heart didn't hurt anymore. It was like by helping her ankle he helped her heart.

His silence told her he didn't know either. "Which one is your house?", he asked. She pointed to her little town house with the light on. He took her up to the door carefully. Taylor tensed as he carried her up the stairs. She waited for him to set her down but he never did.

"Thank you, I can take it from here", she replied smoothly as she struggled to get out of his arms. He gripped her tighter, his hand now on her thigh.

"I can take you in, you wont be able to walk." His face was stern, set on getting what he wanted. "Please let me." His pleading broke Taylor down and she reached into her clutch. She realized angrily that she had forgotten her keys and made Seth get the spare one in the flowers on the window sill. He opened the door and carried her inside, closing the door behind them.

Taylor's thoughts wandered to honeymoons and when the groom would carry the bride over the threshold. She quickly scolded herself, disbelieving that she could even think of that when this guy had been such a douche to her. He carried her through the house and laid her on the couch. "How is this?", he asked as he handed her pillows to prop her ankle up with.

"Really nice thank you." Her face was sincere as she spoke. Her heart was ready to burst and tell him that she wanted to be with him, but at the same time, she hated him and his attitude.

"Where is your bathroom?", he asked casually.

"Down the hall and to your right", she responded. While he was gone she reached for her compact in her clutch and instantly went to fixing her makeup. She was appalled at how her makeup had managed to smear across her face.

"Hey", he started as he came back into the room, "let me carry you to your bed so you can at least get decent rest."

Taylor opened her mouth to decline. She couldn't imagine him seeing her room, as messy as it was, but her bed sounded so comforting. She decided too late because he had already picked her up and began to carry her off. He turned to the left down the hall and carried her to her bed. He lay her down gently and propped her ankle back up with a pillow.

"How are you feeling?", he asked. The emotions in his voice sounded as confused as she was. She could hear compassion breaking through, hidden within his accent.

"Better, thanks to you." She shocked herself even by what she said. His eyes opened wider from her words even.

"No problem", he whispered back as he glanced around the room. Taylor suddenly felt like she could jump across the room. She wanted him closer, but at the same time wasn't sure that he should be.

Like reading her mind he came closer and fixed her pillows, trying to give her maximum comfort. His body was leaned over her as he fixed her bed for her. He pulled back slowly until their faces were almost touching. They could feel each other's breath and it seemed to only pull them closer. Taylor's eyes closed slightly as he drew in, until his lips were on hers.

They began to kiss, gently and softly with reservations. Neither one wanting to move too fast for the other. He pulled back and looked into her brown eyes. Taylor could see his eyes shining with a hunger for her, but at the same time carried the weight of the world. She could read everything in his eyes. He began to kiss her again, more heavily this time.

She made the first move and put her arms around his neck pulling him deeper until he was laying on the bed with her. His hands went to her hips and pulled her closer. He kicked his shoes off into the floor and moved so his knees were on either side of her.

Taylor had never felt such passion take hold. She thought to herself, maybe she had hit her head when she fell? She shook this out and decided to embrace this emotion instead of casting it away and kissed him more deeply. His hands moved down her legs until they reached her knees and then slid their way back up, this time moving under her dress and resting on her thighs.

They made out for a long time until they couldn't hold back their animal passion anymore. Taylor reached forward and began to unbutton his shirt. He pulled down her dress and she was instantly thankful for shopping at Victoria's Secret. She unbuttoned his pants next and pulled them down. Her hands went to his chest. His abs clearly defined underneath her hands.

"Taylor", Seth whispered in her ear. His accent causing a shiver down her spine.

Taylor moaned lightly as he unclasped her bra and pulled it off of her, casting it to the floor. They kissed heavier now. One of his hands going behind her back to pull her closer, the other on her breasts. Her hands went to his back and slid down to the waistband of his boxers and began to slip them off of him. He assisted her and then went to pulling down her panties, then he entered her.

They're fire increased in intensity, the heat reverberating through the room and pulsing through them. His hips moved back and forth. Her ankle a distant memory, hidden behind the emotions she now felt. They couldn't kiss anymore, neither one able to hold their breath in long enough to sustain a kiss. They moaned in pleasure as their bodies intertwined together. They made love for a long time, until they couldn't any longer.

Seth rolled over and off of Taylor. He lay next to her, holding her close to him and kissing her face as they relaxed in bed and eventually the two fell asleep together.
♠ ♠ ♠
After looking at my drafts I realized that I wrote the first 9 chapters in a span of 24 hours. Wow, I was on a roll!