Status: On Hold

Someone Stolen, Someone Blue

THREE

They locked me in an empty room. The only things that were around were a box spring and mattress. There were no windows, one door, and no hope. Voices filled the hallway outside the door. Whispers of what to do. I sat on the mattress with exposed springs and torn corners as they continued conversing outside of my door.

The door opened and Giorgio walked through. He was a well-dressed man. He had a very stern look on his face as he stepped across the bending floorboards. Very gently, he sat down next to me and looked me in the eyes.

"They won't hurt you if you comply with whatever they say." He mumbled softly

"Why me? Why would they take me?"

"Your father had one of his men take out my brother last year." He answered.

"I have other siblings, I have two sisters and a brother. Why me?" I demanded

"You don't remember?" He asked, puzzled. "Oh. You were too young to remember, of course."

"Why don't you just kill me then?"

"I don't kill people. They do. They won't hurt you though. They'll use you as a bribe."

"Why are you telling me this?" I asked, watching his facial expression fall

"Because I trust you. And you may not remember what I do, but I have every reason to"

He stood up abruptly and left the room, leaving behind a scent of cologne and cigarettes. Knowing that he trusted me helped me relax, my mind stopped racing. I couldn't help to think back to Demetri, my family, my future in-laws. How they must be feeling. My heart ached to think of them.
♠ ♠ ♠
(:
comments/subscriptions please!?
I'm not quite sure I like this yet..