And I'm in Love, With Everything You Do

I'll Never Let You Go

“Ready?”, I asked Stephen when I walked by his room. he just gave me a nod and turned his back around again. It had been two weeks since the first time John gave me the silent treatment, for what I’ve done to Devon.

Not wanting to argue, I just nodded awkwardly and went back to my own room. My room was a mess, because of the duffel bags there were scattered around the carpeted floor.

Tomorrow would be the day the band would go on Warped for the summer, and I just want to go, getting my minds off of things, and back at the end of the summer, to start over.

Outside the window was sunny and breezy, the kind of weather that reminded me of Devon. This summer, she would be graduating from high school, and I hear that she’ll be moving out to London for college.

Everytime I heard something about her, my heart would sink in. the guilt, the mistakes, and the love that I gave her was too much for just a summer fling.

Her laugh ran in my ears, her smiled wandered in my mind, and her sitting on the passenger seat of my car were the images on my daily basis.

Without anymore thoughts, I grabbed my car keys from the desk and just ran downstairs.

“Stephen, where are you going?”, mom asked when I was going to open the front door.

“Devon’s!”, I responded quickly. Before she could say anything else, I ran to the driveway and got into my car. I saw her walking down the porch’s steps, and I quickly drove out.

The drive was fast, but dull. All I could think about was her, Devon. She was haunting my mind, but not in a bad way. My eyes occasionally peeked to my passenger seat. The image of Devon, sleeping on it, rushed into my mind again.

When I pulled up on the William’s curb, I saw Devon was playing with her dog on the front yard.

Devon

“Come on, Pup, here’s the ball!”, I waved the wet tennis ball in the air.

Pup, my family’s Golden Retriever, barked and jumped as he tried to reached the ball. I laughed and looked to the curb. The ball slid from my hand and to the ground. He was there.

“Cool dog.”, he smiled as he walked towards me.

“What do you want, Stephen?””

“I just want to talk.”

“I’m tired of talking.”, I looked away.

We stayed quiet until he crouched down and stroke Pup’s neck. “Hands off!”, I spat.

“Look, Dev, he likes me.”

Pup was rubbing his head onto Stephen’s palm, his sign of affection. I scoffed and crossed my arms. “Of course.”

“Look, Devon, I’m here to apologize.”

“For what?”

“For everything.”, he stood up and took my hands. “You were an amazing girl, and I treated you like crap. You love me, but I wasn’t showing that when we went out.”

“You never loved me, Stephen.”, I snorted and tried to snatched my hand back, but he clung my wrists tightly.

“I love you, Dev. I love you for real.”

My eyes widened on his statement. “You were just saying that.”

“No, I wasn’t.”, he shook his head. “I love you.”

“You love Chelsea!”

“I loved Chelsea.”

“We won’t work, Stephen. You and me won’t ever work.”

“Why?!”

“It just wont.”, I said simply. “We won’t work, Stephen. You’re on your way to stardom and I’m on my way to be a vet. We’re going on different ways.”

He looked into my eyes deeply, and I had to look away. “I’m sorry, Stephen.”

I turned around on my heels and headed for the front door of my house.

Stephen

A week later…

“Is this everything?”, Jess asked when she loaded up her drums set into the trailer. I handed her some merchs boxes and she put it down on the corners of the trailer.

“Done.”, I smiled and Jess walked out from the trailer, I closed the door. “I hope we won’t forget anything.”

She shook her head. “I think you forget something.”

“No I didn’t.”, I chuckled. Jess motioned me to turn around by her eyes, and I followed it. When I turned around, Devon was there. Standing just a few feet away from me. “Devon?”

She smiled. “Hey, Stephen.”

I looked back to Jess, and she just smiled. I mouthed “thanks”, and she mouthed “no prob” back. I took a deep breath and faced Devon back.

“Look, Devon, I’m—“

When I wanted to finish my sentence, she already wrapped her arms around me and rested her forehead against mine. “I’m sorry.”, she whispered.

“I love you, Devon.”

Her pretty smile adorning her lips. “I love you too.”

I leaned forward an inch, and my lips already touched hers. I smiled between kisses. She jumped up so her legs were around my waist. I caught her so now we were on the same eye level.

If we weren’t kissing, maybe I would jump happily like a mad dude, but I just spun her around while we kissed. “Stephen!”, she giggled when she pulled away.

“Sorry.”, I grinned and I could feel my cheeks turned into shades of pink. Devon smiled and she brought one of her hand onto my cheek, and drew imaginary circle under my ear with her thumb.

“Will we be forever and always?”

I smirked and leaned forward, pecking her lips. “Yeah, forever and always.”, I whispered while my lips were still on hers.

i'll never let you go
it's not over yet
tell me you'll remember
forever young
i'll never let you go
it's not over yet
you and me forever
forever young
we're forever young
♠ ♠ ♠
this is it~
i'm sorry for the sucky finale
i know i should make more chapters of this, but i don't want to drag the story anymore
thank you for the comments and subscription
you guys are amazing
<3