If You Still Care Don't Ever Let Me Know

Chapter 6

Running his hands through his hair, Brian let out a huge sigh. Out the window the sky was almost black with the night falling. He should go home. But he couldn't.

He leaned back in the over sized black leather chair and looked at his kids smiling thought the glass frames sitting on the corner of his over sized desk. For a moment a smile hung to his lips before dropping. "Fuck..." he let slip from his mouth.

He spill the brown liquid from the tumbler before taking a second to drain the glass dry. He messed up, big time. He wanted his wife back. He wanted his family back. He wanted back into his home. As much heartaches and headaches where caused by the people in his home, he missed it all.

He missed fighting with his wife over who's turn it was to clean their bedroom. And the kids. He never had to miss an argument with his teenage daughter as it never stopped, and, his in opinion, didn't think it would ever stop. Nathan would always help his father with pranks and to beat levels in video games. His toddler would always give him a cuddle, not matter what time of the day or night he'd seen him.

Kris. He sighed. He was missing out with his youngest child. Brian even let out a little chuckle. He actually found himself a little upset that he was missing out on night feeds and pacing up and down the hallway to sooth a tiny baby's cries.

His phone vibrating on the table, jolted him from his thoughts. He picked it up glancing at the screen and set it back down again after reading the name.

Krystle

How could he have been so stupid? A relationship with a nineteen year old. A threesome with two nineteen year old's. Not a condom in sight. What was wrong with him?

The office phone then proceeded to ring through the once silent room. Brian hit the answer button. "Yeah. Haner's office."

"Bri Bri," He closed his eyes tightly as he bit in bottom lip to hold his mouth shut. "When are you coming home? I'm so bored." Krystle whined down the line. "Bri, you there?"

"Yeah I'm here." Should have let it go to voicemail, he reflected. "I'll be back in an hour."

"Can you stop by the shop before you get here? Me and Brit are craving some iced donuts." He could tell from her voice that she was pouting and pulling a face.

"Sure." Hitting the button, he hung up. He twirled his chair toward the window and gazed as the city lights illuminated the sky.

Brian was really not looking forward to having two more kids by two different women.