The World Is Ugly

Chapter Thirteen

Frank’s POV

I hadn’t spoken to Gerard in ages; Mikey had told me all about how the ‘coming out’ had gone, but he mostly kept quiet about it. I’d noticed a girl in our class, Alicia, had been looking at Mikey a lot; it was so easy to see that she liked him. Alicia was a really pretty girl and she had begun to flirt with Mikey a bit. This caused Mikey to almost have a heart attack. I thought that it was really cute how they acted around each other.
“Mr Iero, pay attention!” The teacher barked, snapping me out of my thoughts.
I rolled my eyes; listening to teachers was something that I never have done. I prefer doodling and daydreaming about Gerard. A smiled crept onto my face as I thought about his long raven black hair that always hung over his beautiful face, his cheeky smile and his hilarious laugh. The best thing by far was his eyes; they were like gorgeous hazel portals that led to his soul.
“Stop thinking about my brother,” Mikey complained, punching my arm lightly.
“What?” I asked confused.
“You looked all ‘lovey-dovey’,” Mikey explained.
I grinned sheepishly before going back to my doodling. Mikey always knew when I was thinking about Gerard.

Weeks, maybe even a month passed and I still hadn’t heard from or seen Gerard. I was really bored and it was a Saturday so Mikey was probably free. We never really did stuff on weekends, other than hanging out with each other since he was my only friend and vice versa. I got into some acceptable clothes and grabbed my wallet, keys and phone before leaving the house. Mum wasn’t home again, some business thing or something like that, and so I had to lock the house up. On the walk over, I let my thoughts wander as it was sort of entertaining and kept my occupied. Gerard was at the top of my mind, like always. Why hadn’t he spoken to me in ages? I had sent him several texts, question his behaviour but I got no reply from them. I asked Mikey but he wouldn’t tell me anything; he would just change the subject to something else. I think Gerard and I had left on a good note; we hadn’t even fought at all! He possibly could’ve realised that me being underage was not good from him and had some sort of psychological breakdown…but then, he probably would’ve told me about it. It wasn’t really fair that Mikey wouldn’t even say anything on the topic. He must’ve known what has happened because he is Gerard’s brother and does live in the same house. Maybe that’s it; could’ve Gerard moved out or possibly went to college? Nah, Mikey or him would’ve told me about it…right? I sighed as doubt floated through my mind. I would just have to wait until I got out of there to find out.

I reached the Way household and walked up their neat path, observing Donna’s lovely rose bushes which were in wonderful condition. I knocked on the door like I normally would and expected to hear Mikey stumbling around to reach the door. I was slightly shocked to see Don answer the door. something was different though, instead of the normal smile he gave me, he sneered at me, acting as if was some horrible stench underneath his nose.
“Ah, hello Mr Way, is Mikey or Gerard in?” I asked unsure of how to act around him.
“No, they are not. Mikey’s out shopping with Donna and Gerard is on a date with his girlfriend,” he told me.
My brain didn’t really register what he’d said.
“Oh, okay…bye,” I said, turning around and walking away.
I was almost at the end of the path when I turned back to Don, whom was smiling evilly.
“Could you please tell them that I cam around?” I asked in a small voice.
“Sure,” he said before shutting the door.

I started the walk back home. The meaning of his words suddenly hit me when I was halfway there. My heart broke and tears began to fall. Gerard had cheated on me...with a girl! He said that he would never leave me, that he would look out for me! How could he say those things and not mean them? Was he just some filthy liar all along? Not only had he betrayed me, but it had been with a girl! He swore to me that he was gay and that he never ever wanted to go out with a girl. Now that I think about it, he was probably lying the whole entire time and that was just another lie of his. How could I be such a fool and fall for all these stupid lies that he told me? That’s what his love was, a complete lie. He probably was some kind of paedophile after all; Mikey hadn’t been far off when calling him that, months ago! A big part of my world came crashing down around me as I ran the rest of the way home. The person I thought I loved and trusted was just a whole bunch of lies and deceit. I fell onto my bed and finally let the huge waves of tears fall.

‘When you go, would you even turn to say, “I don’t love you, like I loved you yesterday”

Well come on, come on

When you go
Would you have the guts to say
"I don't love you
Like I loved you
Yesterday"

I don't love you
Like I loved you
Yesterday

I don't love you
Like I loved you
Yesterday’
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update...

I am not happy, I came on to see that someone had reported this story because it had a 'inappropriate layout' Can someone please tell me how that layout was inappropriate?

Anyway, comments are the love, so keep them up or I won't update for awhile.

Thanks to:
XxWeirdxX
Oh.Glory.
Without a sound.
figwmwrtbb [x2]
KerriKannibal. [afro babies!!!]