The World Is Ugly

Chapter Sixteen

Frank’s POV

My mum had been around less and less lately. She was always working and had a lot of business trips. I really wanted her to be around...I needed her. I needed her to hold me close and tell me that everything was going to be okay. I needed to know that I was actually loved. She was hardly ever home though, so I didn’t know what to do with myself. I had felt bad when I’d basically forced Mikey to stay and look after me. I apologized several times when I woke up. I just felt so bad, but he said it was fine. He was always reluctant to leave me by myself; it was if he feared that I would do something drastic. I wouldn’t kill myself though, because I still had my mum to live for and I loved her with my whole heart.

I was so bored and freaked out with loneliness that I thought I might chance it and go to the Way’s. I hope that Mikey was free to do stuff. I slipped on a pair of jeans, worn shoes and a baggy goodie and then began to walk. I kicked stones around on the way; entertaining my small mind. When I reached the household I went up to the front door and knocked. I was almost praying that Mikey was free; I really needed to be with him at the moment. Don was the one that answered the door.
“Hello Frank,” he greeted with slight disgust.
“Hi Don, is Mikey in?” I asked in a small voice.
“Yes he is, follow me,” he told me, leading me inside. Being inside the nice, warm and cosy house brought back many memories; mostly happy but a few painful ones found their way in there. I closed my eyes and shook my head slightly, hoping to keep them at bay.
“You came at a happy time for us,” Don said.
I gave him a questioning look.
“Gerard’s girlfriend, Lindsey, is pregnant,” he told me.
Hearing those words made my world crumble a tiny bit more. I had to bite my lip so that no sound came out of my mouth. Some would say that I was over reacting and I probably was, but not have my mum around and having a slight past in anxiety and depression didn’t really help.
“Mikey’s in his room,” Don told me before walking off.
I climbed up the stairs, letting some of the tears fall down my face. Why was this whole world against me? I reached Mikey’s bedroom and knocked on the door.
“Go away FAG!” Mikey yelled.
“Okay,” I replied softly and started walking away.
“Frank?” Mikey questioned opening the door.
I stopped as he realized that it was actually me.
“Sorry, I thought you were...come in,” he held the door open and motioned me to come in.
I complied.

Mikey’s POV

I could tell straight away that he knew; Dad had definitely told him. He let out this little whimper and I pulled him into a hug as I laid him down on my bed. Silent tears fell down his face as he snuggled his head deeper into my pillow. His small whimpers quietened as he fell asleep. He jolted awake though when Gerard came barging into the room.
“Dinner is on Mikes and Mum said...” he trailed off when he saw Frank. He glanced at me and we had a weird conversation with our eyes. He took one last look at the upset Frank before quickly leaving the room. Frank let out a shaky breath. I turned to Frank.
“I’ll go get some food, I’ll be back in like two minutes,” I told him.
He nodded at me and slowly lay down. He snuggled into my pillow, but his eyes looked more alert now.

I raced downstairs and into the dining room.
“Mum, Frank’s a bit unwell. Do you mind if I eat upstairs with him?” I asked.
All three of them looked at me; Dad with disgust of mentioning Frank’s name, Gerard with a surprised look and Mum with worry clear on her face.
“Is Frank here?” she asked.
I nodded and looked mum straight in the eyes.
“Go ahead honey. Do you want me to get something to make him feel better?” she asked.
“Umm...I think he’ll be fine,” I told her.
She nodded and handed me two bowls of food. I smiled at her even though I knew that Frank wasn’t going to eat it. When I got back to my room Frank was sitting up on my bed. He looked so scared and alone, like he’d seen a ghost or something. When he saw me enter the room, he relaxed and lay down on my bed.
“I brought you some food,” I told him.
His lips twitched slightly and shook his head. I nodded understandingly and began to eat my food. I ate as quickly as I could and lay down next to him. We were silent for awhile.
“My mum’s out of town for work, so I felt really lonely,” he told me.
“Do you want to stay here tonight?” I offered.
“Not really, can you come to mine instead?” he asked in a small voice.
“Sure,” I said.
I got Frank standing and packed a few necessities in a bag and then walked downstairs.
“Mum! I’m going to Frank’s!” I called.
“Okay, have fun sweetie!” she called back.
“Bye!” I yelled.

When we arrived at Frank’s house I put Frank on his bed. I knew he needed to get changed, but he seemed too out of it to do it himself. I took off his hoodie and his top and gasped. He was so thin that you could clearly see his ribs. It was a terribly sickening sight, so I quickly put another top on him. I took off his skinny jeans and put him in his bed. I then went into the bathroom and got changed into my pyjamas. When I came back Frank looked really scared and alone. I went over to him and he fell asleep in my arms. Every now and then I would hear a sob escape his lips. That was a long night for me.

In the morning I woke up and called someone. Every time I had tried to get to sleep Frank would have a nightmare and start screaming. I called my mum; she would know what to do. She hurried around. I hugged her when she came inside.
“Mum, he’s terrible! I don’t know what to do with him!” I told her.
“Oh dear, poor boy,” Mum sighed.
Suddenly Frank’s mum came storming through the front door. She stopped when she noticed us. She looked really stressed and incredibly upset.
“Hello Mikey and Donna. I just have to speak to Frank for a moment. You a free to stay,” she said.
We nodded and she rushed off to Frank’s room. I hope everything was okay.

Frank’s POV

My mother walked into the room and I couldn’t be happier. My smile fell when I noticed the sad expression on her face. What had happened? Had she gotten fired? My mum sat next to me on my bed and pushed my hair out of my eyes.
“Sweetie, I’m afraid I’ve got some bad news,” she said.
I looked at her, hoping that everything was okay.
“Frankie, I’ve got cancer. I have had it for awhile,” she told me.
I tried to keep my face blank but the pain that those words caused was too much. Little did I know that her next words would be far worse. My world was about to be destroyed.
“Honey, I’ve only got six months to live,”
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally an update...lol

Comment please

Thanks to:
Lotte_music
Danny Worsnop.
figwmwrtbb