The World Is Ugly

Chapter Seventeen

Frank’s POV

I was frozen. I just couldn’t believe it. My mum was going to die. I was going to be alone in this world. I let out a single choked sob before I burst into tears. I was going to lose the person that I treasured the most. Mum hugged me and pulled me closer towards her. My head nuzzling into her as I cried massive tears. She tried to sooth me with her soft words but it didn’t work that well. She kissed the top of my head and told me that everything be okay. I knew it wasn’t though. If she died then it would never be okay. Pain rippled through me as I realized how little time left I had with her. I clung onto her tightly as I could. It was as if I let go, she would disappear and leave me.
“Frank?” Mum whispered.
I slightly leaned back so I could look at her; tears still streaming.
“You’re going to have to be strong. I know you don’t want to live without me, babe, but you have too,” she told me.
“Bu I’ll have no one!” I sobbed.
She paused for a second.
“You’ll have Mikey!”
“But I won’t have you!” I whined as I continued to sob.
She held me closer and cradled my body against hers.
“I know, I know,” she whispered, kissing the top of my head.
At the moment I felt like I was six years old again, but I didn’t mind; I only hugged my mum tighter. I wanted to be with her forever.
“Frank?” she cooed softly.
“Yeah,” I croaked into her chest.
“Mikey and his mum are waiting in the living room,” she told me.
I closed my eyes. I wanted to continue holding her but I wanted Mikey. I finally decided.
“Can you please send Mikey in?” I asked, softly, choking a sob.
“Of course, babe,”

Linda’s POV

I slowly untwined his arms from me and settled him on his bed. I had known that this day would come for ages and I always was wary about Frank. I made sure he knew nothing of the cancer that I had been fighting for about two years now, because I knew that it would destroy him. He was such a delicate and emotional little boy and it pained me to see him this broken. A tear slid down my face as I walked out of his bedroom. I would never get to see my baby boy grow up, graduate or get married. I would never get to see my grandchildren. I was not scared at all about dying; I wasn’t even upset. We were all going to die someday and mine just happened to be soon. The hardest part of this whole thing was leaving him. I walked up to where Mikey stood him mum; it made my heart brighten when I saw that the look in his eyes was deep concern and something that could be taken for brotherly love.
“He wants you Mikey,” I told him.
Mikey immediately went into Frank’s room. Not even hesitating. Donna comforted me even though she had no idea why I was so upset. She was always such a nice woman.
“I’ve got cancer,” I told her.
Her eyes widened and she let out a small gasp.
“And I have less than six months to live,” I told her before bursting into tears.
She immediately began to soothe me and comfort me. She was in too much shock to say much; I didn’t blame her.
“I just don’t want to leave him!” I sobbed
“I’ll take care of him” Donna said.
“That would be the best,”
“Frank is such a pleasant and nice boy, it’s a shame that he’s been through so much. I promise you I’ll take care of him,” she told me.
“Thank you so much! You just made a dying woman happy,” I told her, letting tears roll down my cheek.

Frank’s POV

I sat patiently for a few seconds, waiting for Mikey. As soon as he walked in he wrapped his arms around me and hugged me tightly. I started to sob again and Mikey gently guided med down so I was lying on my back.
“My...mum...has...cancer,” I told him between sobs.
Mikey hugged me tighter and mumbled something. I think it had to do with killing Gerard but I don’t know. As Mikey held me closer and said comforting things, I couldn’t help but think; I had fallen in love with the wrong Way brother. Mikey was so much more caring and he knew me a whole lot more. I guessed Mikey not being gay was probably a setback...but then when you think about it, I wasn’t gay until I met Gerard.

I tried to laugh at the thought of Mikey and I together but I was just too upset. I loved Mikey, but only as brother, nothing more and nothing less. Even though I was trying to get over him, it still loved Gerard.
“It’s going to be okay,” Mikey cooed.
“No its not! In six months my mum will be dead!” I snapped.
“I’m sorry,” Mikey mumbled sadly.
I nodded and face him a small kiss on the cheek. I felt really bad for snapping at him. I slowly cried myself to sleep in Mikey’s arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update...

Comment please

Thanks to:
Lotte_music
Danny Worsnop.
figwmwrtbb