The World Is Ugly

Chapter Eighteen

Mikey’s POV

Frank’s breathing became even as he fell asleep. It wasn’t a quiet restful one, but at least he was sleeping. I sighed knowing that everything was going to be hard from now on. I would have to fight to stay strong for Frank; I couldn’t crumble underneath the pressure. He needed me so I was going to be here for him. There is no way that Gerard’s plan was going to work and I had to protect Frank from that. He needed to be protected from Gerard was well. Frank let out a small sad sigh in his sleep, causing me to look down on him. There was no way that Frank would kill himself now, because he wanted to stay alive for his mum, but afterwards was a different story. He would surely try something after losing the last person he lived for. I couldn’t fill the emptiness that his mother’s death would create him, but I was going to be by his side and make sure he didn’t do anything stupid. I loved him; I really did, but in a brotherly sort of way...I was straight. He was my best friend for life and nothing would ever stop that.

About an hour later, Frank’s mum walked into the room quietly. She gazed down at her son, who lay in my arms, with loved filled eyes. A hint of sadness in them soon turned into a whole wave as a single tear ran down her cheek. I felt like I should five the two some privacy but I couldn’t move.
“I would get up Ms Iero but Frank’s sort of stolen my arms. I’m here until he lets go, sorry,” I murmured.
“It’s alright Mikey, he wants you here and I’ve never been one to deny an angel what he wants. You are welcome as long as you like. Just to inform you, your mother just left, knowing that you would stay with Frank,” she told me, not taking her eyes off her sleeping son.
I smiled at her, mumbling a ‘thank you’. She came a bit closer to the bed, sitting down on the edge of it. She brushed a few strands of dyed black hair away from the sleeping boy’s face, tucking it behind his ear, before placing a soft kiss on his forehead. I noticed that her eyes began to well up and fill with tears as she continued to gaze down at the broken boy in front of her.
“Mikey, can you please promise me that you’ll take care of my Frankie? I know he loves you and he’ll definitely need you. Please, just promise me,” she pleaded, for the first time tearing her eyes away from Frank.
Tears were falling freely now from her extremely sad eyes. The sight made tears well up in my own eyes. I could do nothing but nod.
“Of course, I will make sure he becomes a fine young man,” I promised.
I knew that I would stand by that promise. Linda obviously did to as she smiled happily before kissing my forehead.
“Thank you so much Mikey,” she said, tears still pouring down her face with no evidence of ever ceasing.

I would have gone over and comforted the tearful woman, but the whole problem of Frank having my arms arose again. Linda just sat on the bed, watching her son sleep as the hours flew past and her tears started to dry up, leaving stains streaked down her pale cheeks. My eyes slowly slid shut with the exhaustion that took hold of me. I tried to keep awake, but just couldn’t. I felt Linda’s lips once again on my forehead and opened my eyes slightly. The last thing I saw before falling asleep was her placing one last loving kiss on her son’s head before reluctantly leaving the room.

Once I woke up, I made sure to tell both Frank and Mrs Iero that I had to go, but I would be back. I wanted to let them have some privacy as they grieved over their situation together. I would come back to comfort Frank in awhile. Giving them privacy wasn’t the only reason that I left. I also wanted to talk to Gerard and it was really important. When I reached the house, mum was in the kitchen baking with a sad expression on her face, Dad was at work and Gerard was down in his basement room. I said hello to my mum and briefly filled her in on what had happened and what was going to happen. She was alright with me missing out on school because I was helping a friend in need. I gave her a quick hug before making my way to the basement and descending down the stairs.

Gerard was sitting at his art desk singing along to music. I turned off the music and began to talk. This need to happen; things needed to be set straight.
“Gerard, I know your plan is not going to work-”
“It is!” he cut me off.
“It won’t work and since I care for Frank, I will have to ask you to stop,”
“I can’t! How can I?”
“Then I ask that you stay away from Frank,” I ordered.
“What? Why?”
“He doesn’t need you, Gerard, so stay the fuck away from him!” I spat.
I then walked out of the room, not daring to look back at Gerard’s face. I knew he would be upset with what I said, but it was for good. He had to be stopped...I had to protect Frank. It upset me that I had been so harsh with my brother, since we were so close, but Frank was just so broken. He was too fragile to deal with Gerard’s crappy plans. I had promised Ms Iero, and this was the beginning.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally an update!!!!

Comments are greatly welcome

Thanks to:
MikeyWayIsKewl
adoration
figwmwrtbb
Lotte_music
xXlovexisxfateXx
Danny Worsnop.
Annalia