The World Is Ugly

Chapter Nineteen

Mikey’s POV

The next six months were hard on all of us. It was mostly hard on Frank. I knew it pained him to see his mother so delicate and dying slowly. I struggled to keep his happiness level up and my attempts usually failed, but at least I was trying. Since I had ordered for Gerard to keep away from Frank, he had been acting all sulky. He was just trying to guilt trip me into letting him near Frank. Lindsey had been around more often. I knew that would have to stop soon when Frank came to live with us. A few months ago they had acted out the ‘miscarriage’ scene of their plan. Dad had taken it surprisingly well, but he had quietened down a lot. Mum knew about the plan; I told her about it after we had left Frank’s house all the months ago. Frank and I hadn’t been doing much together since he spent almost every waking moment with his mum. I didn’t blame him or get angry at him. I may be lonely for now, but I had my family, even though it was slightly dysfunctional at the moment.

Right now I was racing over to the hospital. Linda had told her doctor’s that I was to be called when she was admitted to hospital, for the last time. She had just been told that these were her last days. Frank hadn’t left her side since she had been admitted and probably wouldn’t leave till well after she had passed on. There was no talking to him at this stage so I just let him be. He wanted to spend the last moments he could have with his mum alone and I respected that. I waited in the waiting room until I was called upon or needed.

Frank’s POV

I stared at my mum’s weak body. Her skin was unhealthily pale and clung to her body. She looked totally different to the strong healthy woman she used to be. I loved her anyway, but I would remember for who she was and not what this stupid cancer did to her. Tears bubbled in my eyes. I loved this woman with all my heart and she was lying next to my, dying. She smiled gently at me, pain obvious on her pretty face.
“Frankie, my little pumpkin,” she said, using my childhood name.
“Yes?” I answered in barely a whisper.
“I’m so proud of you, darling. I couldn’t ask for a better son, a better best friend. Promise me that you’ll live your life to the fullest,”
I didn’t respond; I couldn’t. My lips wouldn’t move and my voice wasn’t forming the words.
“Promise me, please, promise me, my little pumpkin,” she pleaded.
I almost let out a sob at how defeated she sounded. All I could do was nod my head.
“I promise you, I will,”
She smiled. It wasn’t like her weak smile from before. This was a smile just like her normal one.
“I love you Frankie, never forget that,”
“I love you too mum, I always will,”
She smiled again and closed her eyes slowly. A sudden peacefulness came across her that made her radiate with beauty. The heart monitor changed and stayed on one monotonous beep. I already knew she was gone, but maybe she was in a better place. I’d never been religious, but somehow I knew that she was in a better place. I’d never been religious, but somehow I knew that she was an angel now.

From there on in was quite a blur. Doctors and nurses entered the room and pronounced a time of death. I just stayed in my seated position, staring at my mother’s lifeless body; the shell that remained of her. I don’t know how long I was in there, but I was soon joined by Mikey. He noticed my mother’s motionless body and pulled me into a tight hug. I sobbed into his shoulder gently for a few minutes before pulling away from him. I sniffed loudly and wiped away my tears with my right hand. I had to stop crying; mum didn’t want me to spent the rest of my life being miserable. I promised her and that’ll be a promise I’ll try with my whole life not to break. I was still going to mourn her death, I’m not a robot, but I just won’t let myself get carried away with grief.
“Do you want a moment alone with her?” Mikey asked.
I nodded and gave him a small hug. Mikey always knew what I wanted and needed. Even though I had been neglecting him lately, he still was by my side and was so nice about everything. Yet again, I wonder why I fell in love with the wrong Way. Mikey was just the perfect; Alicia was incredibly lucky. Mikey left the room and I just stayed by my mother’s side for an moment before placing one last kiss on her cheek. When I turned around to leave I saw an unexpected person standing in the doorway, I bit my lip and pushed past them. I continued on my way to find Mikey.

Gerard’s POV

That was not the Frankie I knew. Instead the person that stood in front of me was a broken little boy. I guess losing his only family member took a great toll on him. I really wanted to say something to him, but the shock of seeing him for the first time in about six months was major and stopped all word flow from my mouth. I really just couldn’t understand why such a beautiful person was going through rough times and had never truly been happy. I sighed sadly when he brushed past me like I was nothing. I guess Mikey was right. He was better off without me.
♠ ♠ ♠
gah, writer's block suck D=. Sorry for lack of updating!!!

Hope you like this...the series is coming to a close....

COMMENTS ARE THE LOVE!!!!

Thanks to:
Annalia
Danny Worsnop.
MikeyWayIsKewl
figwmwrtbb
Lotte_music