The World Is Ugly

Chapter Three

Frank’s POV:

Mikey came bouncing in the room and sat next to me. I wondered why he was so happy and cheerful this early in the morning. I mumbled a ‘hi’ while he smiled and said a cheery ‘hello!’
“Why so…cheerful?”
“I’ve had two coffees this morning,”
“Ah…explains a lot,”
We were silent and didn’t talk much for the next few lessons because our teachers were being extremely angry today and wouldn’t let us talk. At lunch we got our food and sat down at my usual table. As soon as we sat down Mikey started talking, he really is a chatterbox once you get him started. He talked so much that I couldn’t really follow what he was saying, so I just nodded. Then something came up on birthdays.
“Mybirthday’snextweekonthe10thandIwaswonderingifyouwantedtocometomyhousetocelebrate,” he said really fast.
“Slow it down Mikey,”
“My birthday’s next week, on the 10th and I was wondering if you wanted to come to my house to celebrate,”
“Sure, it sounds like a lot of fun!”
Mikey smiled. The rest of the day was spent talking about birthdays, which led to Halloween.
“Your birthday’s on Halloween?”
“Yeh,”
“That is so cool, I love Halloween!”
“Yeh, when I turned 16 I got Halloween tattooed on my knuckles…see” I said, showing him my awesome tattoo.
“I’m so jealous; Gerard won’t let me get a tattoo,”
“Gerard?”
“My brother, he’s 20 and trying to get into art school,”
“Oh, I think I remember you mentioning him before,”
“I probably have,”

I told mum about Mikey’s party and she was ecstatic. She said yes immediately, she was just so happy that I had a friend. She was so happy that she wanted me to invite Mikey over on Friday night…and she made my favourite for dinner.

Mikey sat down next to me at lunch. His food tray was full of food while I had hardly anything.
“Where’s all your food?” He asked me confused
“I’m a vegetarian; this is all I can eat,”
“You’re vegetarian?” he asked me stunned
“Yeh,”
“That is so cool!”
“How?” I said raising my eyebrows
“I don’t know…but it is,”
“Right…anyway, my mum wants you to come to my house Friday night…do you want to come?”
“Sure…I’d love to!”

It was Friday. Mum was so exited about the sleep over that she was even going to pick us up…that never happens! We got into the car and mum immediately started embarrassing me. She was going on about how nice it was that I finally had a friend…being a loner is embarrassing enough without having your mum point it out. When we got home I took Mikey straight up to my room. We watched TV, played x-box and watched horror movies. We stuffed our faces with sugar filled snacks and caffeine filled drinks. When it started getting light out, we decided that we should go to bed.

Mum made us blueberry pancakes and French toast…it was delicious! I looked at my mother curiously…she never did this, she hated cooking. I studied her…it didn’t look like aliens had taken over her brain, so we’re in the all clear. We played video games for the rest of the day, until Mikey’s brother called and he had to go home.

I raced into school; I wanted to see Mikey before the bell went…it was his birthday and all. When I saw his figure, I ran up to him and tackled him.
“HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKEY!!!”
I heard a squeak from underneath me, so I got up.
“Hey Frank,” Mikey said dusting himself off.
I grinned at him as we walked to class.

After school I was energetic, Mikey looked at me weirdly as we walked to his house. I was exited because I never really had a friend before…so this was really special. Mikey led me up the path.
He then opened the door and pulled me inside. I liked it, it was warm and cosy. He yelled out telling someone that he was home and footsteps came running down the stairs.
“Heya Mikey,” came a voice from behind us.
I turned around to see the most beautiful angel ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
hehehehe..
Umm...comment please =D

Thanks to:
poisongirl24
Oh.Glory.
RedPaw
figwmwrtbb