The World Is Ugly

Chapter Five

Frank’s POV

There was a slamming of a door from upstairs. I turned to look at Mikey.
“SHIT!” he exclaimed.
I looked at him tilting my head to the side slightly.
“He must’ve heard what I said…he’s probably all upset…SHIT!” he muttered.
We both walked out of the kitchen and Mikey motioned for me to sit on the couch.
“I’ll be right back. I just have to talk to him,” he told me looking uneasy.
I nodded understandingly; he needed to make things up with his brother. He smiled slightly before bolting up the stairs. I sat on the couch feeling a bit awkward. I could hear a slight murmuring coming from upstairs. I started to hum a random tune to myself, it was kind of entertaining.

Mikey came down the stairs moments later with a sad expression on his face. He sat down next to me and sighed.
“He just swore at me…” he murmured.
He looked really upset so I hugged him and he hugged me back. It was just a comforting friendly hug, nothing more. We pulled apart feeling slightly awkward. Mikey then dragged me up the stairs and into his room. As I passed the room that I presumed was Gerards, I could hear him crying. Mikey and I spent the rest of the night playing video games. When it was around midnight, Mikey decided to drag all his bedding downstairs into the lounge room so we could watch a horror movie and fall asleep. He chose ‘Dawn of the Dead’, but ended up falling asleep around 20 minutes into it. I giggled softly as Mikey started to snore. I stopped giggling when I noticed a dark shape walk down the stairs and into the kitchen. The kitchen light turned on showing me that it was Gerard.

I got up and made my way over to the kitchen. I had something that I wanted to tell Gerard. When I entered the kitchen Gerard was making coffee, I noticed that he was still in his clothes even though it was late; I was wearing SpongeBob pyjamas. He looked at me and I couldn’t help but blush; he was just so damn hot! I shook my head slightly; I was acting like a teenage girl with a silly crush.
“Gerard…I just want to let you know that I don’t think you’re a loser, I don’t think Mikey even thinks you are. Also there is nothing wrong with being gay; you should be proud! I reckon that becoming a Comic Book writer would be kickass! Its so cool…so you shouldn’t feel bad about yourself, because even though I haven’t seen any of your artworks I cant tell that you’re an awesome artist!” I said, almost out of breath by the end of it.
He just looked at me, his hazel eyes were just staring at me not showing any emotion. I looked at the floor; my little rant seemed kind of silly now. When I glanced back up Gerard was right in front of me. He brought his hands up to my face making me look at him. We looked into each others eyes; his were so deep and beautiful that I swear that I started melting. Before my brain could even react his lips were on mine. I was shocked; I’m straight…well, I think I am. His lips felt so good on mine that I had to kiss him back. He pulled back slightly so that only our noses were touching. I immediately closed the gap and our lips met once again. I ran my hands through his raven black hair as he placed his hands on my face. I reluctantly pulled away for some much needed air.

We stood like that for a few minutes, his eyes felt like they were looking straight into my soul. He shook his head before taking his hands away from my face.
“We can’t…” he murmured.
I sighed but nodded in agreement. I couldn’t date Mikey’s older brother; it wouldn’t be fair on Mikey. Plus he’s like four years older than me. Gerard kissed me once more on the lips before getting his cup of coffee and disappearing into the basement. I turned off the kitchen light and made my way over to where Mikey was still fast asleep. As I shut my eyes hoping that sleep would come, I had a realisation. I’d just kissed a man. Holy crap, after defending my sexuality for so long and with one glance at Gerard I finally admit it. Everyone knew I was gay before I even did…wow.

------------------------

I woke up smiling and I really had no idea why. It took me awhile until I remembered what happened last night. I grinned widely, Gerard was just so dreamy. My smile faltered though when I saw Mikey; he was sitting on the couch and he looked really upset. He looked like he needed a hug so in my still drowsy state I stumbled over to him what I hoped was a warm comforting hug.
“I tried apologizing to him but he just ignored me…I don’t really know why I even said it in the first place,” he told me in a wobbly voice.

After a few more moments of our hug Mikey decided to cook some breakfast. I was a bit wary; I’d noticed that he was quite clumsy and he’d told me about his weird obsession with toasters. When I walked into the kitchen I didn’t expect him to push me out.
“Go into the basement and convince Gerard to come up here!” he ordered.
I obeyed him, but I was nervous. What would he say about last night? Would things be awkward? I slowly made my way down the stairs.

I knocked lightly on the door but received no answer. I opened the door slowly and stepped into the moderately dark room. I look around the small room in amazement. Covering the walls were the most beautiful and talented drawings and paintings that I’ve ever seen. I tore my eyes from the walls to see a more beautiful sight; a dark figure was slumped over an old desk. It didn’t take a genius to know that it was Gerard. I carefully walked over to the desk to find that Gerard was asleep. I didn’t know whether or not to wake him up, but I soon decided that I probably shouldn’t. I began to leave when he started to stir. He opened his big hazel eyes sleepily and yawned. He started to stretch but stopped when he spotted me. He looked shocked at first but shook his head and smiled.
“Hey,” he mumbled sleepily.
“Hi,” I replied in awe…he was just so damn hot.
“Umm…I forgot to thank you for your kind words last night,” he said, his smile widening.
“It was no problem…are these your artworks?” I asked blushing slightly.
“Yeah…they’re not that good though,” he answered quietly.
“They’re awesome!” I exclaimed.
He blushed a deep red and murmured a ‘thanks’. A silence followed and I looked back at Gerard to find him staring at me. We looked at each other for a while before he slowly walked towards me. I was frozen to the spot as he wrapped his arms around me and began to hug me. I felt his lips press against my forehead. I giggled slightly making him chuckle and start playing with my hair; it felt so good and relaxing. I can’t believe I feel so safe in his arms, I hardly knew the guy! I slowly released myself from his grip and stepped away.
“Mikey’s cooking breakfast,” I told him.
“SHIT!” he exclaimed before running up the stairs.
I giggled slightly; surely Mikey’s cooking wasn’t that bad. I shook my head and followed him up the stairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
.....

Comment please, makes updates quicker =D

Thanks To:
poisongirl24
figwmwrtbb
FrankieWantsAWaffle
Rexi
Oh.Glory.