Status: Comment please. Updates are going to be very random from now on.

Lost

Chapter 14

.:Dylan:.

Everything was dead quiet. I’m guessing I was right. The guys were assassins. They once played the same game that we are currently playing. But the thing is why did they stop? It seemed like forever before someone spoke.

“Kid’s right,” Matt said looking at all of us. “We were in that line of business.”

“Why did you stop?” Jake and Joshua asked.

“We stopped because we knew that it was wrong-“

“Bullshit,” Leo exclaimed. Leo is a guy who can smell Bullshit a mile away. So don’t bother lying to him. “Tell us the truth. You want us to tell you our life story but you won’t tell us yours?”

“Fine you want to know the truth!?” Jimmy yelled his facing flushing red. Jimmy didn’t seem like the kind of guy who got angry so the anger on his face looked unnatural. Leo flinched but kept his gaze steady. “They murdered my sister! That’s one reason! I was doing a job and I didn’t know that she was following me and they spotted her…T-They shot her on the spot. She died in my arms…I wasn’t able to save her.”

Quiet. I was sort of shocked. I mean I knew something bad happened to make them stop but I didn’t really think about the idea that it was a family member. What if the killed Delilah? Would I quit? Or maybe would I seek revenge? I don’t know. And I hope that I never get to know that feeling.

“Sorry,” Leo muttered sliding down in his chair. He hates apologizing so that coming out if his mouth was a pretty rare thing.

Clearing his throat Matt spoke up. “It’s alright. Look we were teenagers. We were stupid. We thought we were unstoppable. And not to toot my own horn or anything but we kind of were. We were at the top. But being at the top came with dire consequences. People hated us even more than they used to. We were in the business for about 5 years. From when we were 15 to 20. Our band was taking off. We couldn’t be doing that shit anymore. So we headed to our last job. And well you know what happened there. We quit after that. We never looked back. I think that was our smartest decision yet.”

“Whoa wait. You quit. Just like that? Is that even possible?” Joshua asked.

“Yes it is very possible. It’s difficult, yes but I truly think it’s the best.”

All the guys looked at me for I was the one that got us in this business. We took sick pleasure from what we do. It’s for a good cause though. Or well it was. Not anymore I guess. You see we did this because we needed to be able to support Delilah. Yeah in the beginning it wasn’t like that but that was before we met Delilah.

“Now you, somewhat, know what happened to us. What about you guys?” Brian asked us. “What’s your shit excuse for doing this?”

Again all the guys looked at me. Jesus put me on the spotlight why don’t you? Sighing I sat up straight in my chair.

“Oh god,” I muttered running a hand through my hair. “Alright, If you must know. We were about 13 years old when everything started. Josh and Jake were orphans. They left their foster homes. I along with Leo were kicked out of our house. No we’re not related he was just living with me because his parents had passed away. But anyways we were desperate we didn’t know what to do. Some guys found us and offered us a job. We agreed of course. But we didn’t know that the job was killing people. We were sent to a training camp. Where we were trained to perfection. About a year later we found Delilah at the local park. We were on a job and we stumbled upon her. She was sitting down on the grass balling her little eyes out. Not too far from her we found a woman. Laying face down, naked and dead. Someone raped and killed her ass.” Pausing I looked up and glanced at Brian. He had a good poker face I’ll give him that. But you could see how his eyes hardened and narrowed just a bit. “After that we didn’t kill because we wanted to. We did it to support Delilah. We needed the money.”

It was silent for a few tense moments. Thinking back to what I had said. I realized that we need to stop using Delilah as an excuse to keep doing this. I, we, have a problem. Can you say Rehab with Dr. Drew?

Blowing out a frustrated sigh, I raked my hand through my disheveled hair. The silence is killing me. Roughly tugging on my snakebite, my blue eyes darted all over the room anxiously.

“Well…you can stop now,” Brian said softly. “I’m here now. I’m taking care of my daughter. I’m able to support her.”

"And what are we suppose to do?" Jake quietly asked. he was slumped in his chair his hands clenching tightly to each other on the table top.

"What are we suppose to do. First you take Delilah from us now you want us to quit our only way of income!" Slamming his hands down he quickly stood up knocking down the chair. "You're ruining everything! Everything was fine before you guys came to fuck it all up! You shoul-,"

Cutting him off quickly I stood up, "Jacob! That's enough!"

"Oh don't act like your not thinking the same thing!" He seethed narrowing his eyes at me.

"I swear to god Jacob if you don't shut the fuck up-,"

"What!? What are you going to do?!" Sending me one last glare he spun on his heel, throwing the door open making it bang against the wall.

"Josh..." I trailed off running a hand down my face.

"On it."
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes it's short & it's shit.
I'm sorrrryyy..
Don't know what the fuck i'm doing with this story anymore so....