The Misfits

All that glitters is not gold all that look warm are often cold...

You have to wonder why the world works how it does... it's know wonder how I came out as a screwed up kid. I mean with all the liars, crooks, crooked cops.... and all the rest of the sick f**ks in the world... how can I not know?
After all I was raised in a world were I had to grow up and take care of myself at the age of six. Coming home to a empty house, making myself dinner and cleaning up a few things... keeping myself entertained by watching t.v. Not allowed to go outside, because my mom was scared of drive by shootings. Having know friends that cared, having everything bottled up... having no one to tell any of the secrets you held.
"Hello, I would like to order now." An annoying voice said, bringing me out of my trance. I looked at the voice responsible and seen a platinum blond twirling her perfect manicure finger in her hair, popping her gum. For some reason she made me so mad, but I didn't even know her. I did know she wore a lot of pink, it made my eyes hurt.
I put on my fake smile, and looked at the register... "May I take..." I began but was interrupted by her annoying high pitched voice.
"No calories, and low on fat." She said, I began to tap my foot. I really wanted to punch her in the face right now.
"The only thing we have even close to that is air," I said. She shot a look at me and I completely ignored her. "Can you please order, we don't have all day... and in we I meant me." Annoyance rolled off my voice.
"I'll just take water and a salad." She said, as she spun around and walked away. I sighed and turned around.
"Guys one salad and water!" I yelled as I turned back to the register and found myself face to face with what the town know as the delinquent. He had black spiked hair a light blue tips, brown eyes that changed from dark to a lighter color in the light. He was 6'4 easily and was built like a brick wall. He intimidated some people but me, and my ego know I could take him. He looked at me and smiled.
"Angel, what is it." I said, his eyes gleamed and he smirked.
"You know my name... I'm touched." He said, his dark husky voice making me glare at him.
"Wipe that stupid smirk off..." I was suddenly stopped by a quick pull on my shirt, I knew it was my friend trying to shut me up. I looked at my best friend Ali.
She was about an inch shorted than me, but personally I think I'm shrinking. She had dirty blond hair, about shoulder length and was wavy like the ocean. She had olive colored skin, and had hazel eyes.
"Anna," she whispered. "The orders up." She said, as she looked at the salad beside me. I groaned and picked the tray up. I huffed and plastered a fake smile to my face before facing her.
"See I'm happy, rainbows and kittens." I said, as I jumped over the counter and grabbed the tray, as I pasted Angel I bumped his shoulder against mine, and went to go give the Blondie her food.
I set the tray down on the table, well to be honest I dropped the tray onto the table. She gave me this look that went straight over my head, again. I smiled, "Any thing else," I whispered.
"Yeah, I don't like your attitude, and your cloths." She said, as she stuck her nose up. I gritted my teeth.
"Ali!" I yelled, and she came running, with my other best friend Sam. Sam was like me, she wore what others call emo clothing, we break the law together, she has blue hair around her neck medium length, blue eyes. She and Ali were the only ones that I tell stuff I can't tell others.
"What?!" They yelled in unison, I smirked.
"She doesn't like my attitude, or my cloths." I said, they looked at me, then got it once I raised my fist, Ali grabbed my hand, and Sam smirked bent down and whispered some things in the chicks ear, as Ali tried to calm me down. Sam came into the conversation and told me to calm down, I smiled. Ali did most of the calming down, and Sam aways came in the last moment to finish the job, I don't understand how it worked but it did. Sam and Ali, totally different people, Sam had this darkness to her, and Ali was just a sweet girl who got stuck with douche friends as us. And I loved every minute of it.
"Anna, your a weird chick." Ali said, I looked at her and smiled wider.
"I know." I answered.
"You'll be sorry when my boyfriend hears about this." The blond said, as she looked at Sam.
"Whatever." Sam said her voice monotone, as she rolled her eyes. I looked at the blond through my lashes, and smirked.
"You'll be sorry!" She wiled, my mood darkened. I shoot Ali's strong hold on my wrist, and walked over to the chick. I knew my eyes radiated this darkness because my eyes always betrayed my emotion. I leaned close to her ear and whispered...
"You will be sorry, if anything happens to either of my friends, family or any kid that you cross. If a kid comes to me saying that you messed with him, I won't mind spending my third strike on you. Tell any one and you'll be through." I said, my voice deathly low. I stood up, and smirked at her look. "Have a nice day." I said, my voice taking it's happy tone back.
I left her looking shocked, scared, and confused. I smiled... "Anna..." Ali said, low so only I could hear her. Sam went to the back of the cooking department, where she normally took her naps.
"What Al." I said, as I stopped to look at her.
"You didn't... did you." I looked into her eyes, and lied with a smile on my face.
"Nope." She seen right through it, but didn't say anything. We walked back to our stations, Ali quite which wasn't normal, but I didn't ask.
When I thought it couldn't get worst it did, there was Angel looking bored as ever. I sighed and hoped over the counter. I looked at him, his eyes were closed and his head was resting on the counter. I laughed silently as I watched Ali take a peek of his ass. I bite my tongue to keep from laughing like an manic. I signed for her to get back to her station, she blushed and hoped over the counter.
I poked Angel in the head, and watched as he put his head up to look at me with boredom. "Hello, you can fall asleep when you want to." I said, as I shot him a glare. He simply shrugged it off and rolled his eyes.
"I didn't get much sleep last night, cops." He answered like I would be interested.
"And?" I said, as I dragged the an. I looked at him as if to say why would I care. Ali stepped aside from me, and help the next costumer in line. He shrugged.
"Most people are scarred of you why?" I asked getting to the question I wanted to know.
"To long to tell you." He said, and then ran his hand through his hair.
"Summarize it." I stated, he smirked and walked off. Whatever, I'll get him to answer the question.
Time passed and I grew tired and complained... "Anna it's been fifteen minutes since you started the shift." Ali said, I groaned in annoyance.
"Yeah.. yeah." I said, her eyes were on something, but when I turned around a lot of cold stuff was thrown on me, I wiped my eyes to see the blond chick. An anger filled me, it felt like if I didn't get my hands of mine wrapped around her throat I would explode. "Strike three." I whispered.
I jumped onto the counter, using my hands to help me up. I than tried to jump onto the chick who was standing there smirking, but Sam came out of nowhere like she always is, like the Lil ninja I know she is... and held my feet to the ground.
"I'm going to kill her." I said calm as ever. The chick had this scared look in her eyes but held this bitchy pose.
"Anna, no!" Sam said, "Ali... hold Anna while I go and get some towels." Sam said, soon I was held by smaller hands. I tried to run but was yanked, and feel to the floor, hitting my head on the tile floor as I landed.
"Ow." I said, as a wave of pain hit me, truth was I wanted to cry... badly. I put my hand under my head, to see if there was any blood. I couldn't feel anything wet on my head, I pulled my hand back and there was nothing. I sighed, and gave up knowing I couldn't get out of this one. I suddenly felt something fall onto my stomach I looked at it and seen Ali. She was sitting right on me... and she was heavy.
"Okay. I'm. Going. To. Say. This. Calmly." I said, through my teeth. "Get the f**k off me!" I yelled as I squirmed. I through her off me and jumped up to see that the blond was gone. I bit the inside of my lip. "Damn." I whispered, as I brought my index finger to my lip, and bit my bottom lip. I always did that, and I don't know why... it was always when things were awkward, pissed or I was in deep thought.
I sighed and jumped over the counter and began to run towards the door, when I stopped. Angel stood outside smoking a cancer stick. I slowed my run to a walk and looked at him. His head was down, his hair alittle in his face, his black clothing camouflaged into the dark. He looked mysterious and I knew he meant to cause trouble dressed like that. Mystery was I didn't know what he was going to do, and the thought actually struck fear into me.
♠ ♠ ♠
The part were Anna calls over Ali, Anna just got her job and has just adjusted to it. She doesn't want to lose it, because she was kicked out of school and can't go back, and her job is the only thing she has with her friends any more, so she didn't want to lose the only thing she had left, over a stupid prep. Help me with writing and give some pointers!