One More Night, Before It All Ends

Working for the Man

My attire for work packed back in my trunk and I had no plans of taking them out until I needed them. I was still in the training stage of course and wouldn't take on the real deal until I was put on the nighttime shift. Working at one of the biggest attraction in the city, for males that is, had perks of amazing tips. The place at night looked amazing, extremely high scale even though a lot of low scale people hung around.

During the days so far, I was training with Missy, who arranged the outfit to fit me, and learned the ropes from other girls and interacted with Erik, the owner.

Missy found me as I applied for a job at a cafe, said she liked my look and if I was desperate for money to call the number on the card she slipped. Lord knows I went against all my reservations and called her. I mean, who wouldn't be a bit hesitant when you see an older woman dressed in a form fitting dress and sky high heels offering you a job.

Still dressed in my plain outfit, I headed to the door and knocked. What I loved so far about this job was that even in my time of training, Erik had me on payroll. And if my check without the tips was this good, I had not clue what to think of how much I could be making.

To my surprise, Erik opened the door. "Liz how are you doll?" He pushed the door aside and lightly kissed my cheek as I walked in. Honestly his fascination creeped me out. I was by far the most "exotic" girl in the club based on Erik's words. In a nutshell, I was the darkest.

Far be it from me to tell my boss to back off of me, especially when as soon as he offered me a place as one of the girls on the floor, which is a high paying job because of all the risks to my safety, and I told him about Ellie he was even more eager to help me out.

"I'm fantastic," I said with a smile.

"What about you daughter?"

"Ellie is just a adorable and amazing as always."

"Can't wait to meet her one day, now Claire is waiting to teach you about mixing a few drinks when the bar is busy and then Steve will teach you some safety skills for when the men get touchy."

***

After what seemed like forever, I was finally set free. My brain hurt from trying to remember all the alcohol combinations and my arms from trying to fight off Steve, our largest and greatest bodyguard.

I was going be starting Friday, which was only four days aways.

As I drove back towards home, I was ready to get Ellie and possibly treat ourselves to ice cream. Then we'd go home and she'd play and I'd nap, this was one of the times I really missed Joey. He was always so great with keeping up with Ellie's energy, I on the other hand could never.

Maybe I could talk Alexis into coming over and playing while I napped, but she was already doing enough. After all, I'd be having her babysit Friday. She disapproved of my current employment, thinking as Joey would about me doing this, but we needed the money.

When I finally made it to the parking lot, I was glad I was earlier enough to miss the influx of other parents. Leaving the car running, I got out and headed to the door.

Miss Patty smiled at me as I snuck in and found Ellie. She was busy creating something with block when I put my arms around her and lifted her up. She giggled as I kissed her cheek.

"You wanna go get ice cream?" I asked and she nodded enthusiastically. "Let's go," I put her down and we left hand in hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it.

Refresher and Uniform