Status: new; cowriten; comment and subscribe ? :D

I Need Something To Pick Me Up

Its Not Too Late!

Image

Cori went in to go get changed and ready for the show tonight, which left me sitting alone to think about what she had just told me. Adam wanted to watch us at our sound check, I mean I was shocked when they asked us to be on tour with them but now they want to come listen to us. It was the most nerve racking thing I have had to do in my life.

"Make sure your ready I’m almost done in here then we can leave." Cori called out from the back room. The truth about the matter is that I’ve been ready since we left our house. I knew I was going to wear my black faded jeans, and my favourite purple tank top.

"What do you mean make sure I’m ready I’ve been ready for hours." I joked trying to lighten my own situation. She just mumbled something back that I didn't quite hear but I was sure it was something about how I’m never ready.

It got quiet again so I was back to the dreadful thoughts of my own mind. I thought back to when I was still in school and how I was always 'the chick who never talks' or 'that one girl' who no one ever talked to. There was always part of me who was confident in whom I was, but there was another part of me that wished I had the courage to go up and talk to someone.

All that fear was rushing back through my head and paralyzing my whole body. My mind was suddenly overcome by all the 'what if' questions, such as what if I completely freeze during sound check? Or what if Adam asks me a question and I say the wrong thing?

"Kiley...Kiley. I thought you were ready. Are you ok?" Cori called out, waving her hand in front of me to pull me back into reality. I was glad she snapped me out of that; I needed to focus on something else before I drove myself crazy.

"Yeah I’m fine sorry I was just thinking. Let’s go." I replied as I went to walk off the bus with Cori trailing closely behind me.

"Are you going barefoot or what? Are you sure your alright you seem really distracted? " She questioned me with a laugh. I ran over and grabbed my purple converse and slipped them on.

"Yeah I’m fine, I just forgot my shoes. You know I do that all the time" I answered with an uneven laugh, but she didn’t seem to notice she just rolled her eyes at me and we walked off the bus.

The walk seemed to take us forever to get half way through the parking area out back. We each had our instruments in hand. I already had my bass strapped to my back and I brought an extra on in its case just in case I decided to switch things up a bit later. Cori grabbed three of her guitars because she could never just pick one or two that she wanted to use so she had to bring a variety.

"Hey Kiley look over there it’s the guys we should go say hi" Cori said grabbing my arm and pulling me with her toward Adam and the guys. All my fears started clouding my head again and despite my lame tries to go the opposite way she pulled me along.

"Well Cori I think we should you know go get set up or something like that. They are probably busy anyway they aren’t going to have time to talk to us" I replied but there was two seconds after I said it before Adam turned around and waved us over.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok so i tried to add as much as i could to make this not seem like a filler but i dont think it worked out to well... Tell me what you think.. Please and Thank you...Comments are loved by both of us XD